Microsoft's Q1 2024 (fiscal) earnings.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Crazy how reality is very different without the sony stan stank on it:wow:

It's a polarizing game, but the results speak for itself. The game did its job of generating revenue. However, Microsoft will need a couple more releases like Starfield to gain consumers' trust, which results in more console sales. I know Metacrtic wise Microsoft performs surprisingly well, but their issue is the games may not have mainstream appeal except for Forza Horizon and possibly Halo.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Hardware clearly matters, it has a ceiling though.

Most hardware giants have a ton of very overpriced luxury items that they depend on to stay a float.

*Ahem apple*

Macbook, iPhone, iPad, etc.

Apple just outclasses Microsoft when it comes to hardware. Like it's not even close.

Airdrop is one of the many great features that tie things all together.

Now they got the Vision Pro coming out which means a multi-monitor setup anywhere on the go :wow:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It's a polarizing game, but the results speak for itself. The game did its job of generating revenue. However, Microsoft will need a couple more releases like Starfield to gain consumers' trust, which results in more console sales. I know Metacrtic wise Microsoft performs surprisingly well, but their issue is the games may not have mainstream appeal except for Forza Horizon and possibly Halo.
Revenue is the name of the game. If they can keep increasing revenue that’s the only metric that matters.

They will never compete with nintendo or sony in console sales outside of the U.S. lines have been drawn at this point.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
They might as well just become a 3rd party publisher, nothing is going to make people en masse buy Xbox’s at this point. They will never have another exclusive as big as Starfield and the results are underwhelming

Like I said in another thread, tho I don’t agree with it and think it’s weird.

Via their partnership with Samsung, if you have a Samsung tv, you can actually have access to Xbox games without needed to purchase an Xbox with the Xbox Gamepass app.

Which is an interesting strategy to me and I’m surprised Sony never thought it that with their Sony TVs.

Though I have the XSX, I could easily just play via my tv and connect a controller to it and be done.

Between that and PC, yes that’s gonna cut into their console sell potential. :yeshrug:

So I don’t think it’s a matter of people just not buying, they just have other ways to access

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Which is an interesting strategy to me and I’m surprised Sony never thought it that with their Sony TVs.

Because they want to sell consoles.

But yeah, its clear microsoft is moving away from dedicated “top boxes” as Leasty would say. Its a loss leading product for them that is only increasing in losing marketshare

They’d make more money publishing on playstation and nintendo

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

But yeah, its clear microsoft is moving away from dedicated “top boxes” as Leasty would say. Its a loss leading product for them that is only increasing in losing marketshare

See you always gotta cross the line and go too far :snoop:

:russ: Gotdammit Gizmo

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

They literally do this, and the plan going forward is to do it even more while building up there own hardware with exclusive content on subscription base plans.

Even if they never make money off there own hardware, if they constantly own and make money from publishing on everything from consoles, to mobile they win.

Meanwhile y'all can quote record break hardware sales and revenue with marginal net profit, and boast about it :mjlol:

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
A bunch of financial analysts in here...didn't know people were so well versed :mjlol: