Microsoft: Xbox Scorpio's power advantage over PS4 Pro 'will be obvious'

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
The PS4 slim is competing with the Xbox one S. Don't let trolls delude you. B the ps4 pro has actual upgraded hardware
I honestly don't think they gonna drop the Scorpio at the end of next year. They either gonna drop it earlier. Or call this gen a wrap and wait and drop it later and get the lead on the next gen. Which would be a smart move and prolly save resources for them.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As does the Xbox one S.

In some ways one S is the better 4K machine than PS4 pro.
Don't do this. The Xbox One S does NOT have upgraded hardware. It's simply a GPU clock boost:

CPU
Xbox One S 1.75GHz AMD Jaguar eight-core
Xbox One 1.75GHz AMD Jaguar eight-core
GPU
Xbox One S 12 Compute Units
Xbox One 12 Compute Units
GPU Clock
Xbox One S 914MHz
Xbox One 853MHz
Compute Performance
Xbox One S 1.4TF
Xbox One 1.31TF
ESRAM Bandwidth
Xbox One S 219GB/s
Xbox One 204GB/s
provides a neglible difference.

Now compare the ps4 pro
CPU

Base PS4 Eight Jaguar cores clocked at 1.6GHz
PS4 Pro Eight Jaguar cores clocked at 2.1GHz

Boost 1.3x

GPU

Base PS4 18 Radeon GCN compute units at 800MHz
PS4 Pro 36 'improved' GCN compute units at 911MHz
Boost 2.3x FLOPs

Memory

Base PS4 8GB GDDR5 at 176GB/s
PS4 Pro 8GB GDDR5 at 218GB/s
Boost 24% more bandwidth, 512MB more useable memory

That's a big difference on paper. Only in Xbox stan land is there no difference.
:camby:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
that's a pretty big difference those multiplats:patrice::skip:

I can't wait to see the comparions, but that's still a year off. Seeing the highest settings on Pro vs highest settings on Scorpio should be interesting.

All I know is that those 4k vids of Horizon, Mass Effect, Tomb Rider are gawdly on my TV.

CurrencyChase

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, Iowa, & Minnesota
:mjlol:

(2016) Sony releases PS4 Pro

(2017) Microsoft releases Xbox Scorpio

(2019) Sony releases PS5 (5 times more powerful than Scorpio)

Enjoy these 2 years Xbox...Sony playing chess out here..

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
Y'all always try to pass your stannary off as "trolling"

fukk outa here buddy. You were at the edge of your seat hoping for a miracle. All of you were. Now you wanna pretend you don't care

Nothing matches Neo:trash:it was actual stans on there saying "Sony has the smartest engineers no way they let MS let away with that much of power difference" then they saw the specs:pachaha::mjcry::deadmanny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Don't do this. The Xbox One S does NOT have upgraded hardware. It's simply a GPU clock boost:

provides a neglible difference.
Also cpu boost, and the upgraded hardware is the 4K blu ray player

Now compare the ps4 pro

That's a big difference on paper. Only in Xbox stan land is there no difference.
:camby:
Never said there was no difference.

If PS pro has to use upscaling to acheive 4K then there's nothing stopping devs from using similar techniques on Xbox one s with a quality upscaler and the actual perceptible difference won't be that large.

Ad that to the fact that Xbox one S is the better 4K media machine and they are releasing around the same time, I'd say One S and Pro are in competition more than Scorpio would be.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

(2016) Sony releases PS4 Pro

(2017) Microsoft releases Xbox Scorpio

(2019) Sony releases PS5 (5 times more powerful than Scorpio)

Enjoy these 2 years Xbox...Sony playing chess out here..
Y'all aren't paying attention.

From jump they said they were trying to make generations longer not shorter. The entire reason for the mid gen refresh was to make the generation longer.

Won't be a PS5 until at least 9 years after PS4 release.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nothing matches Neo:trash:it was actual stans on there saying "Sony has the smartest engineers no way they let MS let away with that much of power difference" then they saw the specs:pachaha::mjcry::deadmanny:
All the up until the reveal they were posting tweets and rumors about a spec boost.

Now they wanna act like it's all good :mjlol:

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
I can't wait to see the comparions, but that's still a year off. Seeing the highest settings on Pro vs highest settings on Scorpio should be interesting.

All I know is that those 4k vids of Horizon, Mass Effect, Tomb Rider are gawdly on my TV.
We know which one is gonna look better I'm just wondering will the PS4 Pro hold back the games since you know one is clearly more powerful then the other:ohhh::skip:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If PS pro has to use upscaling to acheive 4K then there's nothing stopping devs from using similar techniques on Xbox one s with a quality upscaler and the actual perceptible difference won't be that large.
The fact that you think it's just simple uoscaling independent of any GPU tasks and rendering is laughable. Go away

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The fact that you think it's just simple uoscaling independent of any GPU tasks and rendering is laughable. Go away
It's a similar technique to what's already been used in games.

Scorpio and Neo will be much farther apart than any major consoles have been before. I don't think it's valid to call them competitors.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
We know which one is gonna look better I'm just wondering will the PS4 Pro hold back the games since you know one is clearly more powerful then the other:ohhh::skip:

That's out the window now due to the fact that there are adjustable settings. Take a game that is 4k30 on the Pro; on the Scorpio it may be an unlocked 4k with more aliasing, effects, etc.

The only thing being held back (which is a good idea whether we like it or not) is the fact that online multiplayer games that are 30fps will not get a Pro/Scorpio bump to 60 as it would make the playing field uneven. And they're right.