Microsoft: Xbox Scorpio's power advantage over PS4 Pro 'will be obvious'

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Console gaming has always been budget gaming as compared to PC gaming.

Now PC gaming is budget gaming as compared to console

I can get steam get better deals online than I ever couldn't from a brick store and if I'm tech savvy in the least play with mods/hacks or for free.

The initial investment is higher but you can get up to 5-6 years out of a PC machine now easily.

Only thing sucks is console games usually are whack and glitchy on PC

Nintendo actually has the right idea

The biggest game monetary and fun factor wise haven't been games that are 1080p 60fps

The goal post has been moved so much with developers trying to listen to the internet I'm not sure if they even know how to make console games that are just fun anymore.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
That's the danger of these mid gen upgrades....they can't do that and alienate the OG model crowds by splitting the fan base

Bottom line is the while the PS4Pro does lack the UHD player , you got an inexpensive gaming system that upgrades games.

Would you rather the system staying relatively the same but adding a uhd player or one that increases the gaming power?

Yes, it should have had the uhd player but if it were between adding that and keeping the price low for upgraded visuals, I'd rather have upgraded visuals
It shouldn't have been a case of one or the other with Sony when they run the blu ray market.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I don't know if it'll be "obvious" but I would hope so given the spec difference, especially with exclusives. (I know, I know...BUT IT WONT HAVE ANY EXCLUSIVES!!!!)
It's still too early to tell. Sony should have read the art of war. You don't punch your enemy in the nose and turn your back. Knock him down, slice his head up, and hold it up for the world to see.
Now you gave MS the opportunity to double down and come for you.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
shouldn't be, but price had to be the reason why. it doesn't make sense any other way.
I can see that. All of this talk is funny for now. The real war will be once that Scorpio price is revealed. If MS can pull off the same thing plus more on their hardware for a similar price its going to be a rough day in the arcadium for ps4 stanleys.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can see that. All of this talk is funny for now. The real war will be once that Scorpio price is revealed. If MS can pull off the same thing plus more on their hardware for a similar price its going to be a rough day in the arcadium for ps4 stanleys.
Nah, when FFVII R or GOW4 releases it'll be a rough day.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

The Scorpio will be a better version of the NEO with 4K bluray playback. NO need for it to be a "rough day" when we already know ahead of time that it will be the better machine. The question is how much better and most importantly how much $$$ like you said.

$399 probably is a pipe dream
$499 makes the most sense considering the hardware

Anything over that is delusional, console cats don't and won't wanna pay above that. The hardcore will, but that's it. Devs already stated that they won't give an advantage of 60fps online over games with 30fps, so that's out the window. You'll get better multiplats on Scorpio as well.

But cats acting like everyone with a 4 is gonna dump that shyt and all the games they've invested in to get a Scorpio? Not happening.

Will it turn the sales tide? Nope on that too.

What I don't want happening is Sony releasing a PS4Pro+ or some dumb shyt adding in 4K bluray playback :snoop:

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The Scorpio will be a better version of the NEO with 4K bluray playback. NO need for it to be a "rough day" when we already know ahead of time that it will be the better machine. The question is how much better and most importantly how much like you said.

$399 probably is a pipe dream
$499 makes the most sense considering the hardware

Anything over that is delusional, console cats don't and won't wanna pay above that. The hardcore will, but that's it. Devs already stated that they won't give an advantage of 60fps online over games with 30fps, so that's out the window. You'll get better multiplats on Scorpio as well.

But cats acting like everyone with a 4 is gonna dump that shyt and all the games they've invested in to get a Scorpio? Not happening.

Will it turn the sales tide? Nope on that too.

What I don't want happening is Sony releasing a PS4Pro+ or some dumb shyt adding in 4K bluray playback :snoop:
But you guys don't want that anyway because you don't watch movies anymore as of September 7th 2016. :sas2:
I wonder if best buy is worried about the lack of sales now for 4K blu rays moving forward since Sony has decided they don't matter :sas1:.
I'll be watching the latest and greatest in 4K UHD while you're explaining to the Mrs. why the popcorn is getting cold while you wait for your stream to buffer. :sas2::sas1:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The funnier thing is Digital foundry put out an article comparing ROTR on the pro and said it's seriously impressive even compared to a PC running it at 4K on a high end video card. That's scary. If someone who works and does comparisons for a living can't even really say there's a big difference between that, what you think gonna happen when the Scorpio drop? It's going to be lots of "it looks almost the same.." posts. Looks like the techniques and stuff in the pro really is doing a good job.
I went into the PlayStation Meeting today as a sceptic, believing that the hardware may not be up to the task of powering a 4K display. The good news is that several hours later, I emerged from the event impressed with the quality of the experience and respectful of the wizardry utilised to make this GPU punch above its weight
Digital Foundry: Three hours with PlayStation 4 Pro

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Posted this in the neo announcement thread and deserves repeating in this clueless thread...

I don't understand why larrybots are happy about this...

The new Larrybox has more flops but you don't play flops, you play games...

What good is 7 more flops when the multiplat games (90% of your consoles catalogue) will be developed for the lowest common denominator which is 4?

And don't tell me nothing about exclusives...Ya'll have the worst exclusives in the industry and the better versions of them are on PC...Master Chief and Halo are literally gamings version of 1988 Larry Holmes...

If I was going to buy a console for exclusives it would hands down be a PlayStation...

Enjoy your flops nikkas...:mjlol:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The funnier thing is Digital foundry put out an article comparing ROTR on the pro and said it's seriously impressive even compared to a PC running it at 4K on a high end video card. That's scary. If someone who works and does comparisons for a living can't even really say there's a big difference between that, what you think gonna happen when the Scorpio drop? It's going to be lots of "it looks almost the same.." posts. Looks like the techniques and stuff in the pro really is doing a good job.
Digital Foundry: Three hours with PlayStation 4 Pro
If PS4Pro is pulling that off with gimped hardware imagine when that Scorpio drops. :mjcry: