Microsoft: Xbox Scorpio's power advantage over PS4 Pro 'will be obvious'

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
How about copping both and shut up? Lol. It's like this. When u factor in the price of the PS4 Pro the shyt is kind of a steal (even tho they ARE stupid for not adding 4K Blu Ray).. Trade up for that shyt. Trade up ur XBox One for the One S until the Scorpio comes out. Now u got the best of both worlds. I have a feeling they gonna push that Scorpio back and add power to it and that will be the next XBox imo. Actually that may be their smartest move. Especially with it coming out so long after the Pro.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
How about copping both and shut up? Lol. It's like this. When u factor in the price of the PS4 Pro the shyt is kind of a steal (even tho they ARE stupid for not adding 4K Blu Ray).. Trade up for that shyt. Trade up ur XBox One for the One S until the Scorpio comes out. Now u got the best of both worlds. I have a feeling they gonna push that Scorpio back and add power to it and that will be the next XBox imo. Actually that may be their smartest move. Especially with it coming out so long after the Pro.
why buy a xbox at all when there games are on the PC?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
why buy a xbox at all when there games are on the PC?
That's if u have a gaming PC. All I know is Sony is getting VERY bad press about this announcement. And regardless of what people think is the real truth or not. It's all about perception. Them not including the 4K Blu Ray player has people perceiving this as a money grab. Sony DID NOT expect the One S to be what it was or the Scorpio. They got comfortable and used to winning and were thrown off.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
That's if u have a gaming PC. All I know is Sony is getting VERY bad press about this announcement. And regardless of what people think is the real truth or not. It's all about perception. Them not including the 4K Blu Ray player has people perceiving this as a money grab. Sony DID NOT expect the One S to be what it was or the Scorpio. They got comfortable and used to winning and were thrown off.
no one cared until yesterday

:sas1:they still winning

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
no one cared until yesterday

:sas1:they still winning
I know. But look at the comments everywhere. Look at the articles about the console. There's not many positive. It's all about perception fam. When the perception out there is negative. It can change the course of things. Just think about it. Think of all the reactionary poeple prolly bout to cop a One S just cause of the 4K Blu Ray thing. Sony may have inadvertently boosted One S sales cause of this announcement. This is the exact reason why they should've just left it alone and not released an "upgrade" in the first place. Cause people will treat it like a new console and not an upgrade and in return expect something mindblowing. And that's exactly what happened.

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Ms kinda fukking up by not by making some exclusives for it.

That's the danger of these mid gen upgrades....they can't do that and alienate the OG model crowds by splitting the fan base

Bottom line is the while the PS4Pro does lack the UHD player , you got an inexpensive gaming system that upgrades games.

Would you rather the system staying relatively the same but adding a uhd player or one that increases the gaming power?

Yes, it should have had the uhd player but if it were between adding that and keeping the price low for upgraded visuals, I'd rather have upgraded visuals

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I know. But look at the comments everywhere. Look at the articles about the console. There's not many positive. It's all about perception fam. When the perception out there is negative. It can change the course of things. Just think about it. Think of all the reactionary poeple prolly bout to cop a One S just cause of the 4K Blu Ray thing. Sony may have inadvertently boosted One S sales cause of this announcement. This is the exact reason why they should've just left it alone and not released an "upgrade" in the first place. Cause people will treat it like a new console and not an upgrade and in return expect something mindblowing. And that's exactly what happened.

Could very well be true but sales will show where the truth lies and I'm pretty confident that the 4 will still continue to outsell the 1.

Maybe their internal marketing department knows that anything over 399 is bad and the inclusion of a drive that plays uhd movies along with the upgraded specs would make the price too high. Just don't know the reasoning

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:flabbynsick: at these consoles supposed 10 year life span

I just hope this shyt don't turn into cell phones cadence with the "pro" and "s" being thrown around. nikkas inadvertantly slobbing apple.

This thread is kinda stupid tho, the Scorpio should only be compared to the ps5.. and if you xbots really think a Microsoft product is going to blow away the hardware of a Sony device you lost. I expect the same thing that happened this gen to happen again.

And fukk 4k for now, I'm good with my 50 something 1080 120hz. 4k content is still a gimmick, and the games could do just as well with anti aliasing. nikkas bout step up to 4k just to see they textures remain the same resolution, that native support might come with a cost. Ill be interested when the real next gen kicks off with new hardware, but giving my current games a fps kick don't sound bad.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Could very well be true but sales will show where the truth lies and I'm pretty confident that the 4 will still continue to outsell the 1.

Maybe their internal marketing department knows that anything over 399 is bad and the inclusion of a drive that plays uhd movies along with the upgraded specs would make the price too high. Just don't know the reasoning

Of course Sony has a huge lead but I think this season Microsoft will outsell Sony for a while because of the fall lineup and the marketing price of a 4k player for 299. The system is beautiful and folks will buy as you can tell by the sale and demand. Sony had a chance to put the nail in the coffin but it's likely they will release a system 2018 or 19.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Of course Sony has a huge lead but I think this season Microsoft will outsell Sony for a while because of the fall lineup and the marketing price of a 4k player for 299. The system is beautiful and folks will buy as you can tell by the sale and demand. Sony had a chance to put the nail in the coffin but it's likely they will release a system 2018 or 19.

In the US ...maybe. Sales will definitely be closer.

Worldwide, won't change shyt

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is sony without a game thats being hyped as a meat shield.

Usually people would be like I don't care just wait until xyz drops in two years for the pro:banderas:

Horizon aint hyped enough to deflect this time and they have no big hitters coming up outside of that.

If the would have been smart they would have teased a last of us at least a title and then put "only on playstation" and maybe the pro under the title.

At least the fan boy's could have been like "copped day one" for TLOU :krs::krs:

NX>>>>>pro and scropio tho:dame:

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
In the US ...maybe. Sales will definitely be closer.

Worldwide, won't change shyt

Nall Microsoft already admitted defeat this gen. But in US I see Microsoft winning the next couple of months. I could also see PS Neo slowing down Sony sales as demand will rise and people will wait for its release.

Microsoft have two sellers coming within the next two months which will probably be bundles galore. The only thing they can do is put their system in as many households until Scorp.

What you are seeing is the last Microsoft game console though I believe next year release will be a hybrid of PC and a console.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Nall Microsoft already admitted defeat this gen. But in US I see Microsoft winning the next couple of months. I could also see PS Neo slowing down Sony sales as demand will rise and people will wait for its release.

Microsoft have two sellers coming within the next two months which will probably be bundles galore. The only thing they can do is put their system in as many households until Scorp.

What you are seeing is the last Microsoft game console though I believe next year release will be a hybrid of PC and a console.

:ehh:

OG and Slim ps4s will still be the main sellers. Ps4pro will be more niche. And Scorpio even more niche

What I "worry" about is the generation after this. What more is there to do if you have consoles with pc like custom settings going forward?

VR almost has to be the next leap. That or moddable consoles. What can the PS5 or XB2 possibly do? 4k60 ? 8k?

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
:ehh:

OG and Slim ps4s will still be the main sellers. Ps4pro will be more niche. And Scorpio even more niche

What I "worry" about is the generation after this. What more is there to do if you have consoles with pc like custom settings going forward?

VR almost has to be the next leap. That or moddable consoles. What can the PS5 or XB2 possibly do? 4k60 ? 8k?

To be honest I think from the future going forward consoles will be PCs. You will see Sony and Microsoft release custom motherboards and you can buy parts whenever you chose and how powerful you want. The idea of a box that is upgradable every 6 to 8 years is asinine and over now. shyt to be honest is is more economic to be a PC gamer now. In 3 years console gamers spend 800 bucks for two systems and countless thousands on video games not including controllers hard drives and the likes.