Microsoft: Xbox Scorpio's power advantage over PS4 Pro 'will be obvious'

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
"There's no implication in Andrew's words that Sony doesn't need to be reactive. Pro has been in the works for over two years, and is a clear part of the natural progression the company sees for its platform. PS4 is slowly entering the part of its lifecyle where it will appeal to more price conscious consumers, but at the same time, this generation has clearly displayed that developers require more time to truly take advantage of the hardware they have. A lesson that is somewhat being carried over from the previous generation. This means the generation isn't going to be short, and for it to make sense for us and publishing partners, we have to think on the macrolevel of allowing them to take advantage of things for an extended period of time while not allowing the technology to stagnate as much as it did last generation. It's also a step for us and our developers to the next big thing.

That's what PS4 Pro represents. It's a console that the first party teams will take good advantage of, and all third parties will be use to some varying degree. It's there for the enthusiasts who want the added power and increased visual fidelity, but it's also priced sensibly enough that those who tend to sit on the fence will inevitably have their eyes move in that direction as time goes on. That is foresight, and it's very much the same hungry Sony.

What exactly would be the purpose to react to a console we've become aware of recently, and isn't going to be launched for another year? I don't see Scorpio, and think it's a potential problem. I see it, and know they were caught unaware. The difference is not significant enough to give pause. It's them reacting to what has been done, and trying to undermine the PS4 Pro in advance of its launch.

But we have the largest userbase. Publishers will cater to us first. PS4 Pro isn't going to be neglected in favor of Scorpio. Maybe there'll be some Scorpio games that look better than some of the PS4 Pro games, but it'll mean little in the grand scheme of things. It's clear to me that they made a desperate move, and they're planning on releasing it towards the end of 2017. By the time it launches, Pro will have sold between 5-10 million consoles. And by the time it starts getting into the swing of things, PS5 will be on the horizon and the leap between them will be significant because it will represent a generational leap. The only losers in this scenario will be the few Scorpio buyers who buy into the late move by Microsoft, because it's not only late, but it's also not significant enough that those who have bought the PS4 Pro will somehow feel like they've lost out."

Not a single lie was told. :ehh:

@Mowgli

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
What's gonna happen when you guys realize that the Scorpio is going to go after the PC gamer market and not the console?

It's obvious M$ is making a push against Steam with the Window Store. It would not surprise me if the Scorpio is more PC like with KB/M support.

The Windows Store

:dead:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
NONE of these consoles gonna be running native 4K well. Neither one. Not this PS4 Pro and not the damn Scorpio either. Unless they decide to change the damn graphics card. nikkas still doing this shyt like they ain't learn when we was tryna warn yall about what these consoles was capable of at launch. nikkas gonna be playing arcade games in native 4K and bragging. Lol. 4K is dope but honestly 1080p all Ultra settings 60fps and upscaled >>>>>> native 4K running like a damn lag machine.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
NONE of these consoles gonna be running native 4K well. Neither one. Not this PS4 Pro and not the damn Scorpio either. Unless they decide to change the damn graphics card. nikkas still doing this shyt like they ain't learn when we was try a warn yall about what these consoles was capable of at launch. nikkas gonna be playing arcade games in native 4K and bragging. Lol. 4K is dope but honestly 1080p all Ultra settings 60fps and upscaled >>>>>> native 4K running like a damn lag machine.
There will be native 4K games. Not every but there will be. TLOU Remastered is confirmed as 4K Naitve as is Skyrim Remastered. I'd wager Indie games too will be 4K.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
There will be native 4K games. Not every but there will be. TLOU Remastered is confirmed as 4K Naitve as is Skyrim Remastered. I'd wager Indie games too will be 4K.
Exactly. 2 of em are last gen games and the rest arcade games. I'm talking about new games with current gen graphics. Neither one of these consoles are gonna be able to handle it well.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Exactly. 2 of em are last gen games and the rest arcade games. I'm talking about new games with current gen graphics. Neither one of these consoles are gonna be able to handle it well.
They said on stage it's not going to render native 4K all the time but again, it's not just "upscaled to 4K" like how connecting a PS4 to a 4KTV is. That's entirely different. I keep repeating that but people keep acting like it's the same thing.

Speaking to developers on site, several aspects of the checkerboard technology came into focus. Up until now, we've seen it as a software post-process upscale, but in actual fact, it's one of a number of new custom features backed into the PS4 Pro's GPU and as such comes with zero cost to game developers. We also understand that while it is a hardware feature, game-makers do seem to have a certain level of control - which may perhaps explain why different games exhibit varying levels of artefacting.

To its credit, Sony understands that a certain level of scepticism will persist here and to that end, several Sony developers on site told us that lead architect Mark Cerny will be going into the specifics of the custom hardware features in the next few weeks. Enticingly, we were also told that there was more to the GPU enhancements mentioned than just the checkerboard upscaler, so the details there should be fascinating.
Digital Foundry: Three hours with PlayStation 4 Pro

It's literally some Sony hardware solution that's entirely different. It's not software based.