Microsoft vision for Xbox future on 15th February on the official Xbox podcast at 12pm PT. 3PM ET. 8pm GMT

Will Microsoft go full 3rd party and drop console hardware going forward?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Naw they already got their next doom and gloom argument lined up.

Microsoft is lying, xbox is still dying, they just changed their announcement plan cause they cac tweets exposed them. :wow:

Square biz. I'm not even on the fanboy wave, but I can tell yall it has to do with Blizzard side of the option. Maybe accessibility to the goods like Diablo 4 and a WOW subscription as long as you're a Game Pass member (It would make sense and that would be a good ass deal). Bottom line, it's weird to see "OMG XBOX GETTING SHUT DOWN" When context is the key, especially with the tweet announcement sounding a bit light-hearted and quite frankly more on a rewarding point of view to the customer.

I miss when sales and shyt did not matter in this industry, and folks just cop games and STFU.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Square biz. I'm not even on the fanboy wave, but I can tell yall it has to do with Blizzard side of the option. Maybe accessibility to the goods like Diablo 4 and a WOW subscription as long as you're a Game Pass member (It would make sense and that would be a good ass deal). Bottom line, it's weird to see "OMG XBOX GETTING SHUT DOWN" When context is the key, especially with the tweet announcement sounding a bit light-hearted and quite frankly more on a rewarding point of view to the customer.

I miss when sales and shyt did not matter in this industry, and folks just cop games and STFU.
Yeah, they will probably announce a few ports, but i’m sure the meeting is more so to talk about blizzard and activision games on gamepass, hardware plans etc.

Dudes have whipped themselves into a frenzy expecting some earth shattering shyt. Lotta people made fools of themselves over the last couple weeks:francis:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Microsoft isn’t hurting for cash. They are trying to expand the xbox brand.

they aren't hurting, but you don't give 80 billion to not recoup either.

If it's better long term to just go full third party, then just do it.

Don't think they are getting out of the hardware game completely (yet) but I don't see where it makes sense to continue especially with the Series consoles selling worse than the One consoles from last gen. See if there's a way for customer's libraries they own to stay with them on maybe other platforms where the games exist? You can still just keep your Series console to play your old shyt (word to Don Mattrick :pachaha: ).

They can be the dominant 3rd party publisher with all the development studios they have now, but I personally don't have any faith in the current leadership not to fukk even that up. Need someone new to lead this new vision. Let Wench do it and throw Phil and Booty in the bushes. How they are still allowed to continue is their positions is incredible.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Microsoft isn’t hurting for cash. They are trying to expand the xbox brand.
Not hurting for cash he says :heh:

Xbots still think MS has an endless money pit. The same company that just laid off tens of thousands of employees and now is putting their games on a rival console to make money is not hurting for cash

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
ITT: unemployed folks wonder why people wake up early in the morning

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
they aren't hurting, but you don't give 80 billion to not recoup either.
Putting SOT on switch has absolutely nothing to do with “trying to recoup money from the activision purchased” that’s just some more dumb shyt yall like to repeat.

You are an investor and you know how silly it is to imply an asset acquisition needs to be “recouped” but here you are, playing dumb for stan daps :francis:

furthermore COD is currently printing money. They don’t need to do anything to make that 80 bill work for itself.