Microsoft vision for Xbox future on 15th February on the official Xbox podcast at 12pm PT. 3PM ET. 8pm GMT

Will Microsoft go full 3rd party and drop console hardware going forward?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Microsoft’s Revolution. Great article.

Problem is they are not going to get Gamepass on Nintendo/Sony consoles. That aint happening.

A modified version of Gamepass with first party Microsoft games could maybe work, but the true money is just selling full retail priced games to consumers as a 3rd party. Again, don't really see Nintendo and Sony allowing gamepass even in a restricted form, on their systems. We've already seen that PC users are highly dedicated to Steam as well. I just don't know if Gamepass can be a real thing in the current environment if it's not allowed on each and every device like a Netflix, Hulu, etc.

If they do legit go 3rd party putting their exclusives on Sony and Nintendo, they they are going to punish their hardware sales even more. A new system whether dedicated console or hybrid/portal like the Switch still won't move that many units. They kill the desirability of any hardware they make by putting their first party exclusives on all other platforms. If a Switch 2 or PS5/6 can play your games, why get your system when I can get Nintendo/Sony exclusives AND your shyt without needing your hardware?

Go full 3rd party and get out of the hardware game. That shyt is over.

Work with your competitors on people transferring/converting saved Xbox data (Achievements/Saves) to their platforms.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Problem is they are not going to get Gamepass on Nintendo/Sony consoles. That aint happening.

A modified version of Gamepass with first party Microsoft games could maybe work, but the true money is just selling full retail priced games to consumers as a 3rd party. Again, don't really see Nintendo and Sony allowing gamepass even in a restricted form, on their systems. We've already seen that PC users are highly dedicated to Steam as well. I just don't know if Gamepass can be a real thing in the current environment if it's not allowed on each and every device like a Netflix, Hulu, etc.

If they do legit go 3rd party putting their exclusives on Sony and Nintendo, they they are going to punish their hardware sales even more. A new system whether dedicated console or hybrid/portal like the Switch still won't move that many units. They kill the desirability of any hardware they make by putting their first party exclusives on all other platforms. If a Switch 2 or PS5/6 can play your games, why get your system when I can get Nintendo/Sony exclusives AND your shyt without needing your hardware?

Go full 3rd party and get out of the hardware game. That shyt is over.

Work with your competitors on people transferring/converting saved Xbox data (Achievements/Saves) to their platforms.
are you saying Nintendo is a competitor? :ohhh:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
g1UJw0j.jpg

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If literally nothing else, whether these rumours are true or not, real or false, let’s at least take one thing from this regardless of what happens..

Xbox content creators/scoopers are the most embarrassing and bytch made fukkboys ever in gaming media, the behaviour and meltdowns I have seen on twitter the last 3 days is some of the most pathetic and cringey behaviour from GROWN MEN I have ever seen

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
If literally nothing else, whether these rumours are true or not, real or false, let’s at least take one thing from this regardless of what happens..

Xbox content creators/scoopers are the most embarrassing bytch made and over emotional fukkboys iv ever in gamingmedia, the behaviour and meltdowns I have seen on twitter the last 3 days is some of the most pathetic and cringey behaviour from GROWN MEN I have ever seen
I assume at least some of them are doing it because they think it's what their audience wants. they're probably getting record engagement with all this drama. one dude was crooning his Series S :deadrose:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps

Xbox content creators/scoopers are the most embarrassing and bytch made fukkboys ever in gaming media, the behaviour and meltdowns I have seen on twitter the last 3 days is some of the most pathetic and cringey behaviour from GROWN MEN I have ever seen
@Bryan Danielson you still follow any of those dudes on Twitter?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People really think they going to get rid of the Xbox name randomly is crazy.

Stan's in here parroting the same thing.

You don't just kill a name you've grown for a decade.

Not unless you rebrand it with NEW hardware. So unless they announcing a new Xbox next week. The name Xbox isn't going anywhere.

If anything it'll be like all Microsoft products and adopt the MS infront of the name aka "Microsoft's Xbox" "Microsoft Office" "Microsoft surface" "Microsoft team's" to show it's a core part of the Microsoft family now.

Same with gamepass, which will probably lead into how they'll handle publishing games and the service to other platforms, and price/tier changes.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Not unless you rebrand it with NEW hardware. So unless they announcing a new Xbox next week. The name Xbox isn't going anywhere.

If anything it'll be like all Microsoft products and adopt the MS infront of the name aka "Microsoft's Xbox" "Microsoft Office" "Microsoft surface" "Microsoft team's" to show it's a core part of the Microsoft family now.

Same with gamepass, which will probably lead into how they'll handle publishing games and the service to other platforms, and price/tier changes.
:mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

You’ve been wrong for over 15 years, maybe just go on mute until Salty Nutella gives yall your new marching orders?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Its wild out there that people are convincing themselves all this is over just porting HFR and SoT still lol
Because it's not just that, it's the MS response.

If your brand was nosediving and getting all this bad press and your top influencers are trashing your entire existence.... the FIRST thing you'd do is release a statement saying "We ain't doing none of that shyt" and stop all the talk

The fact they are not denying anything and letting it go on for 7 more days and then not even making that public... Yea... They folding

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)

I don't know bro they Microsoft suites taking over the division. CEO going to rebrand the division bro. What I think though they will release hardware still of course but allow others to buy and play. They became too big. It's comparable to Surface tablets and laptops.. You got office 365 on them with a purchase but you can buy office 365 on ipads samsung etc.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

Grown into what? Nobody cares about it now, which is why they have to do this... You think they care about keeping it going?