Microsoft vision for Xbox future on 15th February on the official Xbox podcast at 12pm PT. 3PM ET. 8pm GMT

Will Microsoft go full 3rd party and drop console hardware going forward?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Half A $

Pro
Daps
I’m sorry but when people find out next week that there’s not going to be any Xbox games minus a few Bethesda titles at most, it’s going to be a bigger shyt show than what’s going now.

Do some of y’all really think they would port over Gears, Halo or Forza? I doubt they’ll send Indiana Jones and Hellblade :mjlol:

There needs to be a case study done after the smoke clears
how stupid do you have to be to think ms has funded hellblade for 5 years and won't port it over to sony when it's a sony type game in the firstplace :martin:

like fukk me i'm sure the ten peo[le who have subbed for gamepass for hellblade are going to provide a massive ROI. :mjlol:

But in saying that... ninja theory... ms you can keep that trash :camby:

Daps
I’m sorry but when people find out next week that there’s not going to be any Xbox games minus a few Bethesda titles at most, it’s going to be a bigger shyt show than what’s going now.

Do some of y’all really think they would port over Gears, Halo or Forza? I doubt they’ll send Indiana Jones and Hellblade :mjlol:
Of course if they shift directions enough that quarterly profits are the focus, they will port that shyt. Are you kidding with this, breh? They are almost certainly considering porting Indiana Jones and Hellblade at some point.

There's all these claims, but from the people plugged in shifting back and forth about which games are definitely/maybe/maybe not getting ported, it's clear there's still an internal battle about what to port going on at Microsoft, which probably explains why they are waiting a week to announce this shift in business. If they weren't thinking about porting Gears, Halo, or Forza, they would have deaded those rumors immediately instead of saying basically to wait until next week to find out what they decide. They didn't, though.

I'm coming around to this prediction that Spencer and Microsoft Games announce this next week:

1. They will port old games in their back catalog (say about two years or older) to as many consoles as will take them.
  2. They will port niche games (games like HFR or Psychonauts 2) day and date going forward.
  3. ABK games, specifically CoD, will be day and date on other consoles just like they promised the FTC and CMA or whomever.
  4. They will also look at porting some other games because we all win when we play together, but they are not porting a new Halo or Forza game because they value their Xbox customers and ecosystem (they will be specific about what games they name, and I think "new" will be the catch so that Halo Infinite 2 will be exclusive for at least two years or whatever, but Halo: MCC will be ported)
  5. They plan to have great news on the future of Xbox hardware later on, but trust that they are not abandoning the great fans already in the Xbox ecosystem.

If you take all the rumors from people who actually would have access to leaks, not influencers or anything like that, it's pretty clear that they've decided to start porting stuff and Phil and Matt Booty are probably sending furious emails trying to argue to keep as many exclusives as possible. I don't think they're going to come out and say that they're porting everything immediately, but they're going to open the floodgates a crack and I do think at some point in the not-too-far-off future, we're seeing new Halo/Forza/Gears ports to Sony consoles.

I'm hyped for whatever the announcement is, though. I want to see where Microsoft Games ends up after all of the furious messages on the email chain they've got going on in upper leadership.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Of course if they shift directions enough that quarterly profits are the focus, they will port that shyt. Are you kidding with this, breh? They are almost certainly considering porting Indiana Jones and Hellblade at some point.

There's all these claims, but from the people plugged in shifting back and forth about which games are definitely/maybe/maybe not getting ported, it's clear there's still an internal battle about what to port going on at Microsoft, which probably explains why they are waiting a week to announce this shift in business. If they weren't thinking about porting Gears, Halo, or Forza, they would have deaded those rumors immediately instead of saying basically to wait until next week to find out what they decide. They didn't, though.

I'm coming around to this prediction that Spencer and Microsoft Games announce this next week:

1. They will port old games in their back catalog (say about two years or older) to as many consoles as will take them.
  2. They will port niche games (games like HFR or Psychonauts 2) day and date going forward.
  3. ABK games, specifically CoD, will be day and date on other consoles just like they promised the FTC and CMA or whomever.
  4. They will also look at porting some other games because we all win when we play together, but they are not porting a new Halo or Forza game because they value their Xbox customers and ecosystem (they will be specific about what games they name, and I think "new" will be the catch so that Halo Infinite 2 will be exclusive for at least two years or whatever, but Halo: MCC will be ported)
  5. They plan to have great news on the future of Xbox hardware later on, but trust that they are not abandoning the great fans already in the Xbox ecosystem.

If you take all the rumors from people who actually would have access to leaks, not influencers or anything like that, it's pretty clear that they've decided to start porting stuff and Phil and Matt Booty are probably sending furious emails trying to argue to keep as many exclusives as possible. I don't think they're going to come out and say that they're porting everything immediately, but they're going to open the floodgates a crack and I do think at some point in the not-too-far-off future, we're seeing new Halo/Forza/Gears ports to Sony consoles.

I'm hyped for whatever the announcement is, though. I want to see where Microsoft Games ends up after all of the furious messages on the email chain they've got going on in upper leadership.

Either way they go as a company they will be successful. The main goal is to get individuals into the Microsoft Gaming ecosystem. Sony and Nitnendo get their 30 percent and everybody will be happy.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Its wild out there that people are convincing themselves all this is over just porting HFR and SoT still lol