Microsoft vision for Xbox future on 15th February on the official Xbox podcast at 12pm PT. 3PM ET. 8pm GMT

Will Microsoft go full 3rd party and drop console hardware going forward?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Lol at xbox stans acting like they’re fine with “just 4 games” when they were actively losing their minds at just the thought of Hi Fi Rush being on switch last month

Nice try fella :laff:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Lol at xbox stans acting like they’re fine with “just 4 games” when they were actively losing their minds at just the thought of Hi Fi Rush being on switch last month

Nice try fella :laff:

I dont speak for xbox fans, but I doubt they care about these 4 games that have been on gamepass for 1-6 years being ported. Cool games and experiences at the time. I actually think sot being ported is a good thing, should be everywhere like fall out 76. No one spending $499 for a last gen sea of thieves. Could other games end up being ported? Absolutely they own 30+ studios and multiplatform publishers. I'd be advantageous of xbox to continue making revenue with a positive cash flow. If that mean porting old exclusives that makes sense. I know 2002 plastic box wars got people confused in 2024 though. By 2030 consoles will be a legacy item. I can see indiana Jones eventually coming to playstation down the line, Bethesda is a former/current multiplatform pub. For an xbox gamer who got it day one in game pass why would they care if some old ass game got ported?

Last edited:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean 4 games ?
I'm not sure how anyone is trying to spin that into anything.
Viva Pinata and other Microsoft IPs have shown up on platforms that weren't Xbox.
This isn't a new thing at al..

Now the original rumor of the dissolution of Xbox was fukking crazy and I would've
stopped fukking with Xbox immediately after that but clearly what's happening
now isn't the case.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you separate the online aspects from a console then it's just basically just a dumb box that launches the disc you put into it. So when you say online gaming you're really talking about the modern game console experience and most of the other things you can do on a console besides launch discs.

Sony really hasn't been that forward thinking. They weren't putting their first party titles on PC at all before Microsoft did it.
Microsoft has had day 1 PC releases for all their first party titles for years now. Sony is not doing this so far. They last said at least 1 year exclusivity and then a PC release and so far that's been the case(Horizon FW is launching more than 2 years later on PC.) MSFT is doing it out of necessity, not because it's the better thing to do.

They didn't have PlayStation Network before Xbox Live existed.
Okay

Their consoles didn't even have a standard way to connect online out of the box before Microsoft did it
Again, this was what I said before in that Xbox pioneered online gaming for consoles.

. Launching apps on a console, a serious console OS,
OK. I don't remember much on the OG Xbox besides loading up a game though.

standard first party wireless controllers,
Idk about that, the boomerang and dualshock 3 were unveiled as wireless controllers before the 360 released.

The ability to purchase DLC and expansions, games installable on a hard drive, the console having a standardized hard drive out of the box, USB controllers that can also be plugged up to a PC.
Dreamcast came with the DLC installs first. MSFT bettered it.

There is a long list of things that Sony as the market leader should have been able to hang their hat on and say they did first but didn't and mostly did as a response to someone else (namely Microsoft) doing it first.

Now let's do a list of the things Sony pioneered:

DualAnalog610.jpg

Dual analog sticks in the first dualshock.

You can say N64 inspired it and they made it a hot song but then the same thing can be said for the online and DLC capabilities of the Dreamcast to Xbox.

• CD based gaming which allowed for much bigger games/audio compared to cartridges. Before that it was an add-on(like how the network adapter was an "add on" for the PS2.
  • PS2 with the built in DVD player
  • PS3 with the bluray player
  • Eyetoy for motion gaming
  • Haptic feedback/adaptive triggers in the dualsense
  • Console Virtual reality
  • Touchpad on the Dual shock 4
  • Free games with online subs(PS Plus launched in 2010, XBL Games with Gold later
  • Streaming games online through other devices(Remote play, PS Now)

All the platforms have pioneered something. MSFT wasn't the end all be all of pioneering things/forward thinking that currently are the modern gaming experience.

Last edited:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
He told you why, they have rollout plans in play that they are/have invested time and effort into.

And more realistically some of the 4 might not be finalized. So those four tiles will roll out during different times whenever they are ready.
I think you're in love with Phil, you literally believe anything and everything he says.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
He got 95% correct - are you suggesting his information is invalid?
I’m suggesting when these dudes hear some unconfirmed shyt and rush to report it, there’s almost always some wires that get crossed and misleading/incorrect shyt gets blown out of proportion and reacted to.

It happens every time. I don’t know why people still hang on these dudes every word.:smh: