Microsoft selling Red Ring of Death posters? Wut

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
People like to bring this up as a bad thing(which it was) but on the other hand I’ve had countless broken/faulty electronic devices over the years, and only one of them got fixed for free :manny:
Son I know u fukk wit Microsoft but this ain’t the shyt to defend. Even the display models were fukked. What I will say is this. My shyt lasted until the slim model came out and I switched it out for that. The slim 360 was one of the dopest looking consoles I ever owned.

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
Red Ring & PS2 optical drive issues = why i no longer buy the 1st gen of any console

:scust:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Son I know u fukk wit Microsoft but this ain’t the shyt to defend. Even the display models were fukked. What I will say is this. My shyt lasted until the slim model came out and I switched it out for that. The slim 360 was one of the dopest looking consoles I ever owned.
Nothing to defend.

Gave my perspective in reference to this threads topic.

Ive had plenty of shyt break. This was the most pleasant repair/return experience I’ve had, so on a personal level the shyt wasn’t as bad as people make it out to be.

I literally made a living repairing PS2s but we still don’t get a bunch of threads and posts talking about how broken they were

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Nothing to defend.

Gave my perspective in reference to this threads topic.

Ive had plenty of shyt break. This was the most pleasant repair/return experience I’ve had, so on a personal level the shyt wasn’t as bad as people make it out to be.

I literally made a living repairing PS2s but we still don’t get a bunch of threads and posts talking about how broken they were
Bro. The RROD situation was a nightmare. nikkas was going thru like 4 and 5 Xbox’s. That’s not normal. That was a major issue. Having to return/exchange THAT many times is a headache in itself.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Bro. The RROD situation was a nightmare. nikkas was going thru like 4 and 5 Xbox’s. That’s not normal. That was a major issue. Having to return/exchange THAT many times is a headache in itself.
That’s some internet hyperbole shyt “nikkas” wasn’t going through 4 and 5 Xbox’s, stop it:stopitslime:

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
That’s some internet hyperbole shyt “nikkas” wasn’t going through 4 and 5 Xbox’s, stop it:stopitslime:
Nah bruh, episode 5 of the new documentary covers it. It was fundamentally flawed. They spent over 1.5 billion in repairs (200 mil on shipping costs alone). What MS deserves credit for however is owning their mistake and trying to make it right. Similar thing happened to me when I bought the PlayStation 3D monitor but they def took care of me.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nah bruh, episode 5 of the new documentary covers it. It was fundamentally flawed. They spent over 1.5 billion in repairs (200 mil on shipping costs alone). What MS deserves credit for however is owning their mistake and trying to make it right. Similar thing happened to me when I bought the PlayStation 3D monitor but they def took care of me.

I know it was broken. I had to send one back too.

I just said people were exaggerating to claim they returned 5 different systems.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
I know it was broken. I had to send one back too.

I just said people were exaggerating to claim they returned 5 different systems.
Ah ok. Some of the stories do sound :duck: lmao. Idk, didn't have an Xbox at the time. MS does mention how it took them a minute to figure out what was going wrong so idk.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Ah ok. Some of the stories do sound :duck: lmao. Idk, didn't have an Xbox at the time. MS does mention how it took them a minute to figure out what was going wrong so idk.
By the time they were taking repairs they knew what was wrong, they didn’t break again after repair.

My repaired 360 is still going :ehh:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I went through two 360's. Microsoft was really good about sending replacements, though. I remember shipping it out Tuesday morning and getting home from school Thursday afternoon to see a new one sitting on the doorstep. My last 360 lasted 4 - 5 years and was only replaced by the PS4 in '14. Far as I know, it's still working.

Towel trick got it fixed.

:wow: Temporarily though. I was able to get two to five hours out of it initially. The longer it went on, the less it worked. Guaranteed nikkas thought up the towel trick. :russ:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Son aint nobody lying nikkas was def going thru mad Xbox’s. That nikka just riding for Microsoft for whatever reason regardless of what they do. That whole situation was a nightmare to the point stores stopped taking returns and Microsoft themselves had to handle them.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
You know 4 nikkas that were unlucky enough to trade in 4 Xbox each???

Stop it
:mjlol:
Son I really don’t give a shyt what u think. I know/knew and interacted with WAY more than 4 nikkas in my day to day life. I don’t got no reason to lie to u nikkas and I even said that MY PERSONAL Xbox 360 NEVER got the RROD.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Son I really don’t give a shyt what u think. I know/knew and interacted with WAY more than 4 nikkas in my day to day life. I don’t got no reason to lie to u nikkas and I even said that MY PERSONAL Xbox 360 NEVER got the RROD.
You got the most unique situation ever.

At least 4 people you know had to get 4-5 Xbox’s repaired, but you yourself got lucky and never had to repair.

shyt sounds like :duck: to me.

:mjlol: