Microsoft selling Red Ring of Death posters? Wut

Allen Poe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans --> Las Vegas
I got RRoD from a used hard drive I bought from GameStop
full
. Didn't connect the dots until I got my replacement and it red ringed almost immediately.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but why would the HDD cause your 360 to rrod? the cause of the RRoD was because of the 360 overheating (I think because of a shytty soldering job of either the processor or the heat sinks to the mobo), so I'm not sure how a detachable hdd would cause those issues.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Maybe I'm missing something here, but why would the HDD cause your 360 to rrod? the cause of the RRoD was because of the 360 overheating (I think because of a shytty soldering job of either the processor or the heat sinks to the mobo), so I'm not sure how a detachable hdd would cause those issues.
I'm conflating the terminology (red ring), however the hard drive was causing some sort of error. I think only the top right light was coming on red vs the traditional red ring. When I put my original hard drive back in I didn't experience issues. But by that time I lobbied my mom for a new 360 and that's when the black ones were out.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Don’t quote my post unless you gone deal with the whole thing

the rest of it was irrelevant nonsense when you flat out admitted it IS a bad thing…some of y’all just argue for the sake of it…I eliminate that by getting straight to the point and cutting out the juelzing…it was a bad thing…the end.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
the rest of it was irrelevant nonsense when you flat out admitted it IS a bad thing…some of y’all just argue for the sake of it…I eliminate that by getting straight to the point and cutting out the juelzing
nikka you quoted me to argue.

You take shyt out of context and make useless post.

Go away weirdo:camby:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I had two on my Xbox arcade

Had it fixed the first time, say eff it on the 2nd...but, it started working after not playing it for months and months

Human Torch

Byrd Gang 🦅
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly born. PG raised
Didn’t get the RROD til a couple years in but I’ll never forget on launch day I popped madden in first and flipped the orientation of the 360 from standing to laying down and that bytch scratched the shyt out of my disc. I was crushed :mjcry:

Took madden back the same day and told em it never worked and finessed a new copy. :troll:

Last edited:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Didn’t get the RROD til a couple years in but I’ll never forget on launch day I popped madden in first and flipped the orientation of the 360 from standing to laying down and that bytch scratched the shyt of my disc. I was crushed :mjcry:

Took madden back the same day and told em it never worked and finessed a new copy. :troll:
I did the same thing with my copy of Perfect Dark Zero
full