Microsoft is raising the price of Game Pass and the Series X

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They actually did it :mjlol:

Microsoft is increasing its Xbox Series X prices in most countries in August apart from the US, Japan, Chile, Brazil, and Colombia. The Xbox maker is also increasing the monthly prices of its Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscriptions for the first time next month, which will see the base Game Pass subscription for console move up to $10.99 a month from $9.99.

Xbox Series X console pricing will largely match the price hike Sony announced for the PS5 last year, with the Xbox Series X moving to £479.99 in the UK, €549.99 across most European markets, CAD $649.99 in Canada, and AUD $799.99 in Australia starting August 1st. The Xbox Series S pricing will not be adjusted in any markets, remaining at $249.99.

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and Game Pass for Console pricing will increase starting July 6th. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will move from $14.99 per month to $16.99 (€14.99 / £12.99). The base Xbox Game Pass for Console pricing will also move from $9.99 a month up to $10.99 (€10.99 / £8.99). Microsoft is not changing PC Game Pass pricing, though.

If you're an existing Game Pass monthly subscriber, then these new recurring prices won't take effect until August 13th, or September 13th in Germany. New Xbox Game Pass members will see the new prices immediately on July 6th. If you're subscribed to Xbox Game Pass through a yearly code, the new pricing won't take effect until you go to renew your subscription.

Most markets will be affected by the Xbox Game Pass price increases, with the exception of some Game Pass console pricing which will remain the same in Norway, Chile, Denmark, Switzerland, and Saudi Arabia.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty sure the article says it doesn't effect the US, but either way, I just conversion tricked my way into another two years for cheap last month. :whew:

BBG

Superstar
Daps
Console wars aside, being the fair and neutral party that I am when I'm not trolling I have to say that Gamepass has done nothing to merit a price hike. The optics right now is crazy. We've been starving for AAA 1st party titles since Wembanyama was in kindergarten and have gotten an ocean of mid amongst a few gems each year, but now because Starfield bout to drop they gotta immediately start raising prices??

Like I said, putting stan wars aside this ain't a good look. Roll out Starfield and avowed first to raise good faith, then hike it up while we wait for Fable. But nah, capitalism gon capitalism so let's just squeeze these fukkboys for all their worth and have our stanleys argue against their own best interests so we don't even have to answer for our shameless greed :blessed:

Three letters forever

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Console wars aside, being the fair and neutral party that I am when I'm not trolling I have to say that Gamepass has done nothing to merit a price hike. The optics right now is crazy. We've been starving for AAA 1st party titles since Wembanyama was in kindergarten and have gotten an ocean of mid amongst a few gems each year, but now because Starfield bout to drop they gotta immediately start raising prices??

Like I said, putting stan wars aside this ain't a good look. Roll out Starfield and avowed first to raise good faith, then hike it up while we wait for Fable. But nah, capitalism gon capitalism so let's just squeeze these fukkboys for all their worth and have our stanleys argue against their own best interests so we don't even have to answer for our shameless greed :blessed:

Three letters
Stanwars aside

I Disagree

I'm shocked it's not 19.99 yet tbh.

The value of gamepass is nuts

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
OMG a whole $24 more a year

gonna need two more jobs to cover that

24 more when it was already pretty expensive, and it won’t be the last price hike. :sas2:

lets see if people keep their subs going with that loophole being cut off