Microsoft Is Losing Xbox One Momentum Due To 343's 'Halo: Master Chief Collection' Misdeeds

dBoyFresh*212

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
the coli
Earlier this month, I wrote a piece saying that there was a never better time to buy an Xbox One than now. That was in the wake of Microsoft MSFT -1.51%announcing a price cut of many of their most popular bundles from $400 down to $350, which, factoring the cost of a game you’d buy anyway, made the effective price of the console $300.

I made the case that though the PS4 is a big-seller, the tables have somewhat turned as I’m not sure the argument can be made that Sony's system is worth $400 to Xbox One’s $300, as the two are nearly identical. And after all this time, Sony’s best exclusive is still probably Infamous Second Son, while the Xbox just recently came out with the one-two punch of Sunset Overdrive and Halo: The Master Chief Collection, the latter of which was the definition of a “system seller.”

Fast forward to today, where I am no longer playing on my pre-release review copy of Halo, home to gorgeous campaign missions and supervised multiplayer sessions with 343. Now, Halo: The Master Chief Collection is heralded as probably the single biggest video game disaster of the year, with a launch that continues to be a never-ending nightmare in a way that makes even Ubisoft’s Assasin’s Creed Unity release look smooth.

It’s hard to overstate just how bad this launch has been, with Halo: MCC literally not having a working multiplayer since its debut, which is the primary draw of the game for players who were excited to relive Halo’s glory days on remastered maps and blended playlists. Instead, they were treated to an exercise in frustration and the best example of a company completely and utterly dropping the ball when it comes to what should have been a slam-dunk.

halo3.jpg

Fix it quickly, and there still may be hope, but if this continues much longer, all 343′s work might be for nothing.

they are right xbox had the holiday season on lock, overdrive and fukking halo?? cant believe they fukked up soo bad with halo. i think microsoft seen it coming cuzx theres 0 halo commercials onn tv but there was mad forza spots and sunset od spots too, but nonme for their bigest game? shyt was a huge settup

ps4>>>>>>>>..

YhFBWre.jpg

its a celebration bytches :hamster:

Last edited:

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
I'm really in utter shock with this Halo fukk up. I mean come on that is the one series that you just KNEW Microsoft wouldn't fukk up. Halo is like license to just print money. I was like, "Yeah Meech, PS4, and them are gonna be eatin good and talking shyt about this release"....then boom. Gotdamn MP is broken. It's unheard of. I hope you Xbots are taking Microsoft and 343 to task about this shyt. I'm talking refunds and free shyt for this. Developers are fukking up...

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ps4 is knda a POS. My brother recently gave his away to his 1st grade son. Its sad that we can't admit it. That's why it sucks. Xbox heads were like this is cool but where's this feature. They listened and now we have that feature. I'm having a ton of fun with xbox. Bout to throw this flashdrive on there and watch some stuff. PS4 do that yet?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Ps4 is knda a POS. My brother recently gave his away to his 1st grade son. Its sad that we can't admit it. That's why it sucks. Xbox heads were like this is cool but where's this feature. They listened and now we have that feature. I'm having a ton of fun with xbox. Bout to throw this flashdrive on there and watch some stuff. PS4 do that yet?

My cousin sold his larrybox on craigslist for 150 bucks and a new car radio. We can do this all day. :beli:

Last edited: