Microsoft Has Purchased ZeniMax Media, Parent to Bethesda Softworks and More

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Exactly. Their plan was to build out an online game service and acquire studios to put games on it. It seems like they're acquiring these studios and leaving them to their own devices but providing financial backing.

If this was their plan they wouldn’t have had a 3 year gap of games, and next year is also looking dry with only two major releases

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Switch & PS move units freely because of exclusives, Xbox still lagging .
Nintendo was the dominate company in gaming for a long time before they fell off and Sony took advantage of that to become the dominate replacement for them. The closest thing Xbox has ever had to that level of catalyst is $600 PS3. When Nintendo decided to go cartridge on the N64 Sony simply has to just be there to welcome disgruntled game developers with open arms and a CD drive. Hell Sony doesn't even own some of their most prominent franchises from back then like Spryo and Crash but at the same time they now own the studios that did both of those games.

Nintendo and Sony both have established long term relationships with their fans and have been in a position Microsoft never really has been in. It's the same way Sega never really could overthrow either. Sega had exclusives.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They have in the neighborhood of 20 million subscribers. Sony has in the range of 5 million and Nintendo doesn't really offer anything in the space. Sounds like first place really.

I wonder what the argument will be when psnow is merged into ps plus.:francis:

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
They have in the neighborhood of 20 million subscribers. Sony has in the range of 5 million and Nintendo doesn't really offer anything in the space. Sounds like first place really.
I’m taking units sold.
Getting shytted on by Nintendo and Sony…like always.
And GP isn’t profitable and won’t even be profitable this generation if you factor in Bethesda’s purchase price.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I’m taking units sold.
And GP isn’t profitable and won’t even be profitable this generation if you factor in Bethesda’s purchase price.

Y’all buy yesterday’s big games. We make today’s big games.

:snooze:
Sony stans:mjlol:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I’m taking units sold.
You have anything to back up ANY of that?