Microsoft has not produced a title on the level of Ghosts of Tsushima since Halo Reach

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
I dont even like ghost like that, terrible thread. could have used a better Sony game

It's a better looking Arkham Knight, I love those games, but they're nothing special, and the stories are pretty bad. The first couple hours of ghosts led me to believe it would be story focused, but it's a lot of repetitive open world grinding with boring story missions. I played the complete edition with the iki dlc, and it was fun, but I never want to touch that game again or see a sequel, I've had enough lmao.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Both go up and down. When sony has a bad year y’all pretend it never happened

When xbox has a good year y’all pretend it never happened.

Sony hasn’t had a bad year in years, they never skipped a year from having GOTY worthy titles. Even this year, a slower year, will have one of their biggest games ever.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Pretend spider-man hasn’t been swinging around since 1962 brehs :mjlol:

Y’all always wanna place dumb ass qualifiers on shyt so y’all can keep the goalposts agile.

Sony stan’s :mjlol:
That's not their IP. They're licensing it. MS had the chance to do that earlier. Try again.

Insomniac :stopitslime:
Name the IP.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Qualifier :hula: literally the subject of discussion

Sony didn’t buy a bunch of mega GOTY winning IP, they created them, under their own studios with their own money. Every major franchise they own at the moment was created and published by them

If all these studios left playstation and left with the IP they came in with they would all leave empty handed. Microsoft didn’t even create Halo

edit—-

They didn’t create Gears of War either

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s really outrageous if you step back and look at it. I know a couple of loyal Xbox people who have went out for the first time in years and bought a PlayStation. One dude did it because he said his kids didn’t have no games to play on the Xbox. The console wars are cute online but people are spending good real money on this product and they’re not doing anything. 3 years and all you have to show for it is a Forza which isnt that much better than the previous one and another Halo game.
Not really, if he went out and finally bought a PS of course he's gonna have a ton of stuff to play now, the same would be true for anyone with only one console going to another.

And the craziest shyt is if they didn’t spend 7 billion dollars to take a major 3rd party publisher off the market all they would have had this year was age of empire ports and another Forza game.

And their stans would have still defended it regardless
How disingenuous are you gonna keep being?

Sony came into the market taking games away from other platforms with 3rd party deals with THE PS1, they bought a major publisher, that publisher told them the toolset and devkit they had for the PS1 was trash and to use thiers instead, and then sony proceeded to lock up as many 3rd party exclusive deals as possible.

That game plan hasn't changed to this date.
Sony has gotta proof before every "organic purchase" When naughty dog showed them crash, and it sold millions they bought them, the same with all there acquisitions.

And how many 1st party exclusives has Playstation had this year? You'd swear it was a lot as hype as yall been.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You can keep repeating this until the cows come home but it ain't going to make it true. You said something stupid and wrong like you usually do, but instead of admitting it, you play dumb like you always do.

Although Sony now owns Insomniac Games, neither company has any exclusive game rights to the Spider-Man character, nor did Sony ever have said rights to begin with. Presumably, Marvel has owned the video game rights to the superhero this entire time. A temporary partnership between Sony and Marvel is what granted Sony the ability to launch Marvel’s Spider-Man as an exclusive on their own platforms. It’s likely a similar deal was orchestrated to allow Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales to launch as a PS5 exclusive. At the end of the day, it seems Marvel is the sole proprietor of the Spider-Man video game rights.

And again, proving Neither Sony nor Insomniac own the IP:

Executive vice president and head of Marvel Games Jay Ong has revealed in a book that both Xbox and PlayStation were approached about making Marvel video games but only one of the console makers accepted the offer.

A look around the gaming landscape reveals exactly which one, too: PlayStation, the company with an exclusive Spider-Man franchise, and an upcoming Wolverine game. And over on the Xbox side, you won’t find any new Marvel games developed by an Xbox studio because according to Ong, the company declined Marvel’s offer, opting instead to focus on its own IP, as reported by Video Games Chronicle.

BBG

Superstar
Daps
@MeachTheMonster you going out sad breh. It's like @PS5 handed over cult leadership to you in his absence or something. You say when Xbox had a good year, we act like it never happened. That's because it didn't. Can you name a single good year in thecoli's entire existence that Xbox has had? Of course you can't, unless you name a year a new Forza came out and nothing else.

It doesn't have to be this way, man.

Not really, if he went out and finally bought a PS of course he's gonna have a ton of stuff to play now, the same would be true for anyone with only one console going to another.

Then why is @Gizmo_Duck asking what games he should play on Xbox and nobody has any answers for him? If this were true, the man should be having the time of his life right now playing all the classics we have to offer. Unfortunately, if he isn't a fan of Microsoft flight simulator, he's in trouble.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It’s really outrageous if you step back and look at it. I know a couple of loyal Xbox people who have went out for the first time in years and bought a PlayStation. One dude did it because he said his kids didn’t have no games to play on the Xbox. The console wars are cute online but people are spending good real money on this product and they’re not doing anything. 3 years and all you have to show for it is a Forza which isnt that much better than the previous one and another Halo game.
Honestly, I think it's tricky because there are many people that mainly just play third parties. I have friends on both consoles that mainly just play third parties. However, the great thing about Sony, it gives you the comfort to know you're getting variety. I'll be honest I don't love most Playstation exclusives except for a few like TLOU, spiderman, and guarantees of JRPGs. However, even if I don't love franchises like GoT, Horizon, Ratchet, and others. I love having the comfort of knowing Sony can provide exclusives in most genres I might be interested in.

The major issue with Microsoft their major exclusives are shooters and racing games. However, there are many shooters on the market and the racing genre is somewhat geared more to enthusiasts of the genre. I think Microsoft has produced some good stuff, but they haven't produced must have games in genres outside of shooters and racing games. I think they need to solve that issue before they can get people back or have current users get buyer's remorse due to not having exclusives outside of shooters and racing games.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
the difference between sony buying a bunch of studios that made mascot platformers and what those studios are today compared to Microsoft buying Rare and what they are today alone shows you the difference in studio management.