Microsoft delisting Forza Motorosport 7 permanently

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is basically people who don't even own Xbox consoles trying to pull a gotcha moment over racing game licensing shenanigans. The people that actually care about this have ways to address it. I'm all for blasting corporations for pulling bullshyt. If anything the licensing model that lets companies use a brand for a game with some sort of time limit on the deal that then has to be renewed due to digital availability is ridiculous.

There's legit games that aren't iterative sports games like Marvel Vs Capcom 2 that are in licensing hell right now. These digital storefronts allow for all sorts of licensing fukkery that gets games delisted. Meanwhile one can simply walk into a store and purchase a physical copy of some of these delisted games.

Not if they own a series s

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Xbox stans made a big deal about Jim ryan asking, “who wants to play gran turismo 2” yet
The physical game they bought and still own.

If you buy a digital only console you're signing up for situations like this. I don't advocate anyone only owning a console with no physical disc drive. The Xbox Series S is an abomination that shouldn't exist. They only made it to hit a price point and cut corners to do it that shouldn't have been cut.

I have more of an issue with the Series S itself existing than Forza 7 being delisted.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
OT but the series S is really trash unless you haven’t owned an xbox since 360 and you’re considering price over performance when jumping back into the xbox ecosystem

I’m so tired of trying to hunt down a 2nd XSX that I took a look again at the XSS specs to see the disparity but the shyt is worse than the xbox one x yet being called a next gen console

they should’ve just made an XSX with 512GB and charge like $349.99 or some shyt

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Funny how in another thread yall are talking about Microsoft buying take two like it’s nothing, but here yall coming up with reasons why licensee is too much money for microsoft to renew for a year

Pay for a license on an old game, when the new one is right around the corner :dwillhuh:

Those who want the game, are free to buy it now. :dwillhuh:

MS can afford the license, but no one is playing Forza 7, so it's a waste of time and money :dwillhuh:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Just wait until 3rd parties start dropping.

Y’all wanted the Netflix of gaming…welcome to Netflix of gaming.

Play it on GamePass*

*From 10.01.2021 -10.14.2021

Third party games that drop day 1 on Gamepass are on there for months :gucci:

Outriders and MLB the Show are 5 months old, yet still on GP. Make shyt up Stan brehs :mjlol:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I understand it's related to licensing, but FM7 was utter garbage anyways. They should delist it from their release history, too.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
The physical game they bought and still own.

If you buy a digital only console you're signing up for situations like this. I don't advocate anyone only owning a console with no physical disc drive. The Xbox Series S is an abomination that shouldn't exist. They only made it to hit a price point and cut corners to do it that shouldn't have been cut.

I have more of an issue with the Series S itself existing than Forza 7 being delisted.
You do know there is a digital only PlayStation also right?