Microsoft delisting Forza Motorosport 7 permanently

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Uhm…because the new one ain’t out yet and won’t be for another year at least. If someone gets a series s/x for Christmas this year and want to buy a racing sim they are assed out, especially series S owners
Or they can pay the $10 and own the game right now. Or they can buy DLC for the game and get the token. With a Series X this is also physically available.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Or they can pay the $10 and own the game right now. Or they can buy DLC for the game and get the token. With a Series X this is also physically available.

So a potential series s or x owner should know three months in advance to do these things?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So a potential series s or x owner should know three months in advance to do these things?
It's an Xbox One game that's been out for like 4 years already. I would say that if someone wanted this game they've had quite a while to get it. If you're buying one of the Xbox Series consoles to play just this game that came out in 2017 and has been on the market for years and you can't spend a few bucks on a piece of DLC or $10 on the game that's on you. Wait for the version of the game made for the console you bought.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's an Xbox One game that's been out for like 4 years already. I would say that if someone wanted this game they've had quite a while to get it. If you're buying one of the Xbox Series consoles to play just this game that came out in 2017 and has been on the market for years and you can't spend a few bucks on a piece of DLC or $10 on the game that's on you. Wait for the version of the game made for the console you bought.

I think series S owners should be able to play it.

They sold 55 million xbox ones, you don’t think with the new rising popularity of xbox/gamepass there are gonna be a bunch of new xbox owners this holiday? This is short term thinking, and you’re being bias as hell thinking about it that way as a long time xbox player

Once again, microsoft themselves said 1st party games would be permanent to gamepass.

tyler-lie.gif

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I think series S owners should be able to play it.

They sold 55 million xbox ones, you don’t think with the new rising popularity of xbox/gamepass there are gonna be a bunch of new xbox owners this holiday? This is short term thinking, and you’re being bias as hell thinking about it that way as a long time xbox player
I'm hardly an Xbox player. I just play video games I don't really care what platform they're released on. I don't identify myself attached at the hip to a brand.

This is par for the course in the racing game industry. If you buy a Series S this holiday then you can either buy a key from a 3rd party key seller or just wait for the new one.

If you buy a series X you can buy the physical game, or buy from a 3rd party key seller or in both cases buy it now on fire sale.

That being said the availability of a 4 year old Xbox One game isn't impacting really anyone's purchase of a current generation system and if it is there's ways to remedy it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm hardly an Xbox player. I just play video games I don't really care what platform they're released on. I don't identify myself attached at the hip to a brand.

This is par for the course in the racing game industry. If you buy a Series S this holiday then you can either buy a key from a 3rd party key seller or just wait for the new one.

If you buy a series X you can buy the physical game, or buy from a 3rd party key seller or in both cases buy it now on fire sale.

That being said the availability of a 4 year old Xbox One game isn't impacting really anyone's purchase of a current generation system and if it is there's ways to remedy it.

I hate the argument that “the systems are still selling” when stuff like this pop up. Like, why defend thte idea of games being delisted after only 4 years on the storefront? A major franchise at that.

And you are def an x stan. Don’t play yourself :hubie:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I hate the argument that “the systems are still selling” when stuff like this pop up. Like, why defend thte idea of games being delisted after only 4 years on the storefront? A major franchise at that.

And you are def an x stan. Don’t play yourself :hubie:
Someone that themselves is a stan and their opinions and positions always skew to one side would encounter someone else that doesn't feel that way and feel as if they're a stan.

I am not an Xbox stan in the slightest. My gaming credentials are in my sig including all the platforms I game on on that exophase link. If anything 85% of the games I play are on PlayStation.

If Forza 7 came out last year and they were delisting it yeah that's an issue. It's from 2017. It's an iterative game that will be replaced. It has ways to purchase it and even after Microsoft stops selling it directly will still have ways to get it. Moving on.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Someone that themselves is a stan and their opinions and positions always skew to one side would encounter someone else that doesn't feel that way and feel as if they're a stan.

I am not an Xbox stan in the slightest. My gaming credentials are in my sig including all the platforms I game on on that exophase link. If anything 85% of the games I play are on PlayStation.

If Forza 7 came out last year and they were delisting it yeah that's an issue. It's from 2017. It's an iterative game that will be replaced. It has ways to purchase it and even after Microsoft stops selling it directly will still have ways to get it. Moving on.

But it hasn’t been replaced, thats the problem. Xbox stans made a big deal about Jim ryan asking, “who wants to play gran turismo 2” yet microsoft themselves are delisting their flagship racing sim game, and don’t offer any of the others in the series either.

If you were willing to call a spade a spade i wouldn’t call you a console warrior but you defend xbox to a fault. Admit it

This game is completely unplayable for new series s owners after next week. Forza Motorsport literally won’t exist for them on their new console

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
did they lie or not??

nevermind the way they worded it leaves room for interpretation.
This is basically people who don't even own Xbox consoles trying to pull a gotcha moment over racing game licensing shenanigans. The people that actually care about this have ways to address it. I'm all for blasting corporations for pulling bullshyt. If anything the licensing model that lets companies use a brand for a game with some sort of time limit on the deal that then has to be renewed due to digital availability is ridiculous.

There's legit games that aren't iterative sports games like Marvel Vs Capcom 2 that are in licensing hell right now. These digital storefronts allow for all sorts of licensing fukkery that gets games delisted. Meanwhile one can simply walk into a store and purchase a physical copy of some of these delisted games.