Microsoft cuts the price of it's console for the holidays.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Nah when is the Nintendo switch going on sale smh

VigilantPleasantArrowana-size_restricted.gif

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yet again, the Xbox One X is out performing the Xbox Series S.

But because of the SSD, the Series S is considered "next gen", simply because it allows for shorter load times. Who cares about actual fidelity tho.

The SSD was the MAIN hyped up selling point of the PS5 but now it's a fter thought :mjlol:

Sony Stan's :mjlol:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Yeah, thats why it feels like a lateral upgrade, it does ok in some areas (load times, sometimes 60fps) and terrible in other areas such as resolution, memory, weaker GPU, etc.

It may be ‘next gen’ but it a weaker console than the last gen console in a number of ways
I modded my One X with an SSD, not as fast as the ones soldered on, but it was probably superior aside from load times. The new GPU is 100% better, but you can only leverage it so much with such weak internals surrounding it.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
The SSD was the MAIN hyped up selling point of the PS5 but now it's a fter thought :mjlol:

Sony Stan's :mjlol:

Have remedial reading comprehension, xbrehs.

This is like the 4th or 5th game that looks better on the Xbox One X than the Series S at this point. The SSD is clearly the only thing that makes the Series S "next gen".

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Buy it. If you feel like you need to upgrade do like most folks do with any tech. Upgrade and sell your old one.

Folks did the same jig with the one S and I know folks who casually play war zone and 2k who happily still game on that.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Significant, yet….

This has been common for a few games this year, you’re literally getting less of an experience on the Series S versus the XBox One X. The high framerate modes will be the first to disappear on the Series S this gen, on top of the resolution still being 1080p on most games

Yeah, thats why it feels like a lateral upgrade, it does ok in some areas (load times, sometimes 60fps) and terrible in other areas such as resolution, memory, weaker GPU, etc.

It may be ‘next gen’ but it a weaker console than the last gen console in a number of ways

Yet again, the Xbox One X is out performing the Xbox Series S.

But because of the SSD, the Series S is considered "next gen", simply because it allows for shorter load times. Who cares about actual fidelity tho.
This is a shytty game with 360 graphics that only work at 1080p on “next gen” consoles.

Not a good example of anything.

Check the big games that people actually want to play.

And series S is Officially a next gen console. You are never getting performance anything like this out of last gen.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Have remedial reading comprehension, xbrehs.

This is like the 4th or 5th game that looks better on the Xbox One X than the Series S at this point. The SSD is clearly the only thing that makes the Series S "next gen".

Would you swap out using a SSD on your own PC with a HDD for 4k monitors and display?

:jbhmm:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Umm literally “most” people don’t have a 4k tv.

Do you know how numbers or the english language works??:lupe:
I know what most means, I'm saying that you said "most people don't have 4K TV's" as if the numbers were somewhere below 20% or something. 44% is not a small percentage.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

It’s like we really gotta reach for the stars and make a lot of assumptions in order to make the Series S sound even a little enticing.

“Hey, if you got a 10 year old 720p tv, never owned a gaming console before, don’t really care about having all the features, dont care about having too many games on your SSD, don’t buy physical games, dont…..”

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
Let them drop lower. If nobody buys him they have no choice to drop the prices way more. Sony should do the same.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I know what most means, I'm saying that you said "most people don't have 4K TV's" as if the numbers were somewhere below 20% or something. 44% is not a small percentage.
I said “most” your number confirmed that :ehh:

But also a walmart black friday 36 inch “4k” TV don’t really count. Lots of that 44% is that.

When we talk about tvs that can actually take advantage of “next gen” features like HDR, VRR, 120fps. It’s probably a lot closer to 20%

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
This is a shytty game with 360 graphics that only work at 1080p on “next gen” consoles.

Not a good example of anything.

Check the big games that people actually want to play.

And series S is Officially a next gen console. You are never getting performance anything like this out of last gen.

Was Halo Infinite another game with shytty 360 graphics when Digital Foundry said it runs at a higher fidelity on Xbox One X than a Series S?