Microsoft cuts the price of it's console for the holidays.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Some of y'all don't live in the real world.

Series s currently you can get for 200-250 bucks. That upgrades you to next generation for half the price of a series x or PS5.

Literally everything is a vast improvement over you last generation system. Going from a HDD to SSD alone for gaming is worth the price.

People don't buy or game on the most optimal setups or shop with the absolute best value in mind.

Unless you shop with coupons, purchase things with the app and shop and Costco or Sam club 100 percent of the time that includes you.

Breaking off 600 bucks to get a system that they might play a couple times a month compared to 250-300 is a significant difference to the average person. Even more so the average person that doesn't care about the very best settings and just wants graphics to look better and games to load faster.

But let the coli or the internet tell it. :rolleyes:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Series s currently you can get for 200-250 bucks. That upgrades you to next generation for half the price of a series x or PS5.

Literally everything is a vast improvement over you last generation system. Going from a HDD to SSD alone for gaming is worth the price.

People don't buy or game on the most optimal setups or shop with the absolute best value in mind.

Unless you shop with coupons, purchase things with the app and shop and Costco or Sam club 100 percent of the time that includes you.

Breaking off 600 bucks to get a system that they might play a couple times a month compared to 250-300 is a significant difference to the average person. Even more so the average person that doesn't care about the very best settings and just wants graphics to look better and games to load faster.

Naw you don’t live in the real world, because despite all that series s has been the console sitting on shelves since the generation began. They aren’t selling out because in the real world people aren’t as price conscious when it comes to luxury/hobby/tech products like yall think…

Anyone running out to buy a ‘next gen’ system isn’t going to want diluted experience, thats why Apple can’t sell enough of those IPhone SE’s, despite being almost identical to the other IPhones. People don’t want the discount products.

Yall think that them lowering the price of the series s makes it look more attractive, and it probably is to the laymens but to people mildly paying attention to gaming discourse you know that something being discounted and readily available is a disservice to the demand. I wouldn’t even be surprised if its mostly xbox players buying additional Xbox’s cause everyone I’ve talked to that owns a series s always owns a series x

If it were truly only about VALUE VALUE VALUE xbox would easily be outselling switch and ps5 every month. But value isn’t just determined by price

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

This is The Arcadium, a place specific for gamers and tech heads. Right message, wrong place.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
9 or 10 indie games….2k and call of duty alone is topping out 360gb

I’m a novice at all this tech shyt breh :snoop:
I’m looking it up and it says it has “512 GBs of solid state drive” wtf is a solid state drive?

What’s HDD & SDD?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m a novice at all this tech shyt breh :snoop:
I’m looking it up and it says it has “512 GBs of solid state drive” wtf is a solid state drive?

What’s HDD & SDD?

SSD is basically a hard drive with non-moving parts, thats a lot faster. Each system has x amount of storage that comes with the SSD but part of it is needed to run the Operating System and other features so you don’t get access to the entire drives memory.

Out of the 512gb the Series S comes with you only get access to about 365gb. When you consider the fact that it doesn’t have a blu ray/disc drive it means you have to download all the games you want to play from xbox store.

It might seem like enough memory when you think a lot of games are no more than 65gb but when you play multiplayer stuff or sports games with huge music files and other large assets those things can run up to 115+GB in size, NBA2k I think is 152gb which is damn near half of your available space.

So if you got a sports game, and a big multiplayer game that you play often you might be able to squeeze a couple extra games on there before you gotta start deleting something. You can buy an expansion memory card, but since they’re proprietary you’re gonna be paying almost the price of the console for it, which puts it in the range of the series x already.

I got a ps5 with twice the available storage standard and that shyt felt like nothing. No way I could live on 650gb much less half that. Series S is a decent secondary console but you’re gonna be fiening to play some of those games in 4k or even 60fps after awhile.

Don’t let people talk you into some bullshyt cause they need win. Get a Series X or PS5, they both start at 400 dollars right now

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
SSD is basically a hard drive with non-moving parts, thats a lot faster. Each system has x amount of storage that comes with the SSD but part of it is needed to run the Operating System and other features so you don’t get access to the entire drives memory.

Out of the 512gb the Series S comes with you only get access to about 365gb. When you consider the fact that it doesn’t have a blu ray/disc drive it means you have to download all the games you want to play from xbox store.

It might seem like enough memory when you think a lot of games are no more than 65gb but when you play multiplayer stuff or sports games with huge music files and other large assets those things can run up to 115+GB in size, NBA2k I think is 152gb which is damn near half of your available space.

So if you got a sports game, and a big multiplayer game that you play often you might be able to squeeze a couple extra games on there before you gotta start deleting something. You can buy an expansion memory card, but since they’re proprietary you’re gonna be paying almost the price of the console for it, which puts it in the range of the series x already.

I got a ps5 with twice the available storage standard and that shyt felt like nothing. No way I could live on 650gb much less half that. Series S is a decent secondary console but you’re gonna be fiening to play some of those games in 4k or even 60fps after awhile.

Don’t let people talk you into some bullshyt cause they need win. Get a Series X or PS5, they both start at 400 dollars right now
Where are y’all seeing these $400 Series X and PS5s at :dahell:

as for series S y’all gotta realize everyone isn’t an enthusiast. Most people don’t even have a 4k tv right now. It would actually be a waste for them to even buy a series x right now without a proper TV.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Where are y’all seeing these $400 Series X and PS5s at :dahell:

as for series S y’all gotta realize everyone isn’t an enthusiast. Most people don’t even have a 4k tv right now. It would actually be a waste for them to even buy a series x right now without a proper TV.
Yeah...

So, stop living foul, come to OLED (NO VIZIO) Gang, then get a Series X and game like a champion :blessed:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Most people don’t even have a 4k tv right now

I honestly don’t believe this. I don’t even think you can buy a non-4k set anymore, and its been that way for a while.

Where are y’all seeing these $400 Series X and PS5s at

The digital PS5’s have been routinely in stock on ps direct as well

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
44% of US Television households own a 4K TV. This "Most people don't have 4K TV's" talking point is straight cap. 4K TV isn't some anomaly.