Microsoft cuts the price of it's console for the holidays.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I honestly don’t believe this. I don’t even think you can buy a non-4k set anymore, and its been that way for a while.

The digital PS5’s have been routinely in stock on ps direct as well
People with 10+ year old sets, or buying 150 dollar Wal-Mart "flatscreens" on Black Friday:scust:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
People with 10+ year old sets, or buying 150 dollar Wal-Mart "flatscreens" on Black Friday:scust:

If your tv still look like this just forget about gaming

84794-tv-news-ces-2008-lg-launch-8-new-lcd-tv-ranges-image1-rsGNycabgp.jpg

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Naw you don’t live in the real world, because despite all that series s has been the console sitting on shelves since the generation began. They aren’t selling out because in the real world people aren’t as price conscious when it comes to luxury/hobby/tech products like yall think…

Anyone running out to buy a ‘next gen’ system isn’t going to want diluted experience, thats why Apple can’t sell enough of those IPhone SE’s, despite being almost identical to the other IPhones. People don’t want the discount products.

Yall think that them lowering the price of the series s makes it look more attractive, and it probably is to the laymens but to people mildly paying attention to gaming discourse you know that something being discounted and readily available is a disservice to the demand. I wouldn’t even be surprised if its mostly xbox players buying additional Xbox’s cause everyone I’ve talked to that owns a series s always owns a series x

If it were truly only about VALUE VALUE VALUE xbox would easily be outselling switch and ps5 every month. But value isn’t just determined by price

Funny because of the series s was a PS 5s, y'all would be raving about the value.

The only reason the series s isn't moving even more than it is, is the same reason the series x isn't and it's the notion of "lack of games"

The series s is already moving a ton of units for such a "trash device"

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Funny because of the series s was a PS 5s, y'all would be raving about the value.

The only reason the series s isn't moving even more than it is, is the same reason the series x isn't and it's the notion of "lack of games"

The series s is already moving a ton of units for such a "trash device"

The series x is the more in demand model though, by far. The reason the S has sold well is because for two years its been the only one readily available in stores

I’ve always said the Series S felt like a lateral move from last gen, especially after the pro consoles.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Xbox tried the two tiered system before with the 360. I believed people called the non hard drive version the “tard pack”

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The series x is the more in demand model though, by far. The reason the S has sold well is because for two years its been the only one readily available in stores

I’ve always said the Series S felt like a lateral move from last gen, especially after the pro consoles.

Because early adopters usually want the very best.

And they don't just settle, they wait. In the meantime series s has been moving units regardless.

The series s from a last generation system is a HUGE jump up. Y'all can try to spin it like you want, but go ahead and pop that HDD back in your laptop and computer and try to get work done after using a SSD and then come back and tell me it's a lateral move...

It's a upgrade a significant one alone.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Because early adopters usually want the very best.

And they don't just settle, they wait. In the meantime series s has been moving units regardless.

The series s from a last generation system is a HUGE jump up. Y'all can try to spin it like you want, but go ahead and pop that HDD back in your laptop and computer and try to get work done after using a SSD and then come back and tell me it's a lateral move...

It's a upgrade a significant one alone.

Significant, yet….

This has been common for a few games this year, you’re literally getting less of an experience on the Series S versus the XBox One X. The high framerate modes will be the first to disappear on the Series S this gen, on top of the resolution still being 1080p on most games

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Significant, yet….

This has been common for a few games this year, you’re literally getting less of an experience on the Series S versus the XBox One X. The high framerate modes will be the first to disappear on the Series S this gen, on top of the resolution still being 1080p on most games

Yet again, the Xbox One X is out performing the Xbox Series S.

But because of the SSD, the Series S is considered "next gen", simply because it allows for shorter load times. Who cares about actual fidelity tho.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yet again, the Xbox One X is out performing the Xbox Series S.

But because of the SSD, the Series S is considered "next gen", simply because it allows for shorter load times. Who cares about actual fidelity tho.

Yeah, thats why it feels like a lateral upgrade, it does ok in some areas (load times, sometimes 60fps) and terrible in other areas such as resolution, memory, weaker GPU, etc.

It may be ‘next gen’ but it a weaker console than the last gen console in a number of ways

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I honestly don’t believe this. I don’t even think you can buy a non-4k set anymore, and its been that way for a while.

The digital PS5’s have been routinely in stock on ps direct as well

Then think about how many of those are the shytty black friday joints that don’t even do 4k or hdr right.

Telling some people they “need” a series X is telling them they need like $1500 worth of hardware right now.

Lots of people are happy to play “next gen” for $250:manny:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Lots of people are happy to play “next gen” for $250

Those people would also probably be just as happy playing on last gen hardware then cause there aren’t even next gen games out. Imagine buying a ‘next gen’ system and by the time you get current gen only games, you can’t play them at 60fps, you have to settle for dynamic 1080p resolution, you can’t get ray tracing and pretty much every other generation defining feature.

The red flags are all over the place.

Telling some people they “need” a series X is telling them they need like $1500 worth of hardware right now.

People buy TV’s for reasons other than gaming, and I’m sure that % of people that don’t own 4k sets probably aren’t itching to get new gaming consoles.

If you’re someone who doesn’t care about any of the new ‘next gen’ features why would you need a new gaming console at all?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
44% of US Television households own a 4K TV. This "Most people don't have 4K TV's" talking point is straight cap. 4K TV isn't some anomaly.

4K, 4K UltraHD, UHD, UHD 4K, SUHD TV, Ultra HD, Ultra UDTV, 2160p

I'm sure it is with all the 4k viewing options.... All while on their 38 inch tvs....

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Those people would also probably be just as happy playing on last gen hardware then cause there aren’t even next gen games out. Imagine buying a ‘next gen’ system and by the time you get current gen only games, you can’t play them at 60fps, you have to settle for dynamic 1080p resolution, you can’t get ray tracing and pretty much every other generation defining feature.

The red flags are all over the place.
No. The Series S is a large upgrade over last gen. Most (all?) games that are 60fps on Series X are the same on S. Some even have ray tracing which hasn’t been worth much of shyt on console anyway.
People buy TV’s for reasons other than gaming, and I’m sure that % of people that don’t own 4k sets probably aren’t itching to get new gaming consoles.

If you’re someone who doesn’t care about any of the new ‘next gen’ features why would you need a new gaming console at all?
To play the games that won’t be on last gen consoles.