Microsoft clarifies that they don't have 30 million GP subs, the official tally is 25 million

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
City Skylines!

burying-dying.gif

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Starfield was the biggest game in the Xbox pipeline. Hellblade, Fable, nor Avowed is going to touch Starfield.

ES6 is 3+ years away.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
According to Wikipedia they got like 50 different studios under the Xbox umbrella now. They'll figure something out.
I agree, but the thing is your blockbusters are taking 4-6 years to make across the board. I’m not saying they won’t have any good games coming out before then, but are any of those games going to outperform Starfield?

BBG

Superstar
Daps
I agree, but the thing is your blockbusters are taking 4-6 years to make across the board. I’m not saying they won’t have any good games coming out before then, but are any of those games going to outperform Starfield?
The goal isn't to outperform Starfield. That game was hyped to the high heavens and performed great, poor reviews be damned. Fable will do great as a legacy franchise and Avowed will do well as a elder scrolls placeholder so long as it's actually fun.

I'm not concerned about Fable because I'm sure they won't fukk that up. It's Avowed I'm concerned (but hopeful) for.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The goal isn't to outperform Starfield. That game was hyped to the high heavens and performed great, poor reviews be damned. Fable will do great as a legacy franchise and Avowed will do well as a elder scrolls placeholder so long as it's actually fun.

I'm not concerned about Fable because I'm sure they won't fukk that up. It's Avowed I'm concerned (but hopeful) for.
What else is going to move gamepass subs? I guess they can continue to buy shyt out, but outside of that what's going to move the needle over the next few years? These streaming services are looking for a "hit" and gamepass is no different. The back catalogue isn't really going to make a splash like they think it will.

Gamepass is successful, but as with everything else continuous growth is the goal.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Starfield was the biggest game in the Xbox pipeline. Hellblade, Fable, nor Avowed is going to touch Starfield.

ES6 is 3+ years away.
Call of Dutys the biggest xbox ip. They'll be more than fine, they'll be releasing like 5-6 games a year going forward with cod in gamepass yearly

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
According to Wikipedia they got like 50 different studios under the Xbox umbrella now. They'll figure something out.
This

I haven’t had a Xbox since the 360 but I’m still rooting for them and I’ll eventually be forced to cop a series x. with that many studios there’s gonna be a few games I gotta play, it’s just the matter of when will they release something I have to have

Gamepass is dope but i really don’t need it I like to own my games :yeshrug: