Microsoft clarifies that they don't have 30 million GP subs, the official tally is 25 million

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
25 million subs isnt bad especially considering their heavy hitters havent landed yet. Gamepass is such a unique proposition that I'm willing to pay premium as long as the games continue to roll in.

But at the same time they need heavy hitters not solely dope INDIE games, i'm talking big boy AAA games.

Senua II (this one gonna hit different i predict)

Fable

ES6

All have to hit or else , and i say that as someone who has Starfield as GOTY so far and (mostly) enjoys their GP catalog, it's also pro consumer as of right but im not holding my breath on a multi trillion dollar CORP to do the right thing and give the working man their value.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Nah, I think the games need to start rolling in. Without it, they're no different from PS+. if they hold true to their promise and start dropping legit AAA titles day one, im certain the number will skyrocket.

Midfield can't do all that heavy lifting by itself. No games, no growth.
I'm surprised mostly old games and indie titles got them to 25 million to be honest. Their first party studios have been comatose for a while.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Dude is kinda right...

The heavy hitters like Halo Infinite, Redfall and Starfield haven't landed... they all bricked.

Brehs, i hate to tell you, if starfield ain’t enough to boost subs and hardware significantly Hellblade ain’t gonna do it.

The first Hellblade sold 1.5 million copies (across 3 platforms), its a glorified indie title. Yall putting it on a pedestal is going to put it in the same position as redfall and starfield. There is no game from Microsoft that is bigger than Starfield was going to be

Every game can’t be the next game to save xbox

Last edited:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Brehs, i hate to tell you, if starfield ain’t enough to boost subs and hardware significantly Hellblade ain’t gonna do it.

The first Hellblade sold 1.5 million copies, its a glorified indie title. Yall putting it on a pedestal is going to put it in the same position as redfall and starfield. There is no game from Microsoft that is bigger than Starfield was going to be

Every game can’t be the next game to save xbox

State of Decay 3 tho :wow:

That's gonna shake the globe. Sony isnt ready. :lupe:

BBG

Superstar
Daps
Forza is next and then city skylines. This is $120 dollars if you buy em alone. That’s well worth the game pass yearly price by themselves.
City skylines not getting it done breh. That's a very niche group of gamers who enjoy that shyt. just like MFS, great for what they are but they not moving the needle because most don't give a damn.

State of Decay 3 tho :wow:

That's gonna shake the globe. Sony isnt ready. :lupe:
You bullshytting, if that shyt gets a AAA budget it will make noise. Idk about system seller but it'll definitely earn subs.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
City Skylines!

burying-dying.gif

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
City skylines not getting it done breh. That's a very niche group of gamers who enjoy that shyt. just like MFS, great for what they are but they not moving the needle because most don't give a damn.

You bullshytting, if that shyt gets a AAA budget it will make noise. Idk about system seller but it'll definitely earn subs.

First one sold 12 million copies :dahell:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Dude is kinda right...

The heavy hitters like Halo Infinite, Redfall and Starfield haven't landed... they all bricked.
Definition of brick might have changed since I last went to college.

Seems to be one of microsofts most successful xbox series games ever. Maybe brick new slang :hubie: