Microsoft clarifies that they don't have 30 million GP subs, the official tally is 25 million

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
hi-res-99073555e79c14f9bfc8c3e4c75a5e4d_crop_north.jpg

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
... Is that bad?

It's been that number for a while now. Topped out. Was expecting decent growth by now.

Overestimated projections just like many others did in the subscription field. Forecasted future revenue and purchase justifications on growing subs.

All these companies gotta realize this shyt ain't sustainable (Subs and especially crazy growth with it). Prices keep going up too so people are getting tired of it. :yeshrug:

fully expect Gamepass on PS6.

BBG

Superstar
Daps
It's been that number for a while now. Topped out. Was expecting decent growth by now.

Overestimated projections just like many others did in the subscription field. Forecasted future revenue and purchase justifications on growing subs.

All these companies gotta realize this shyt ain't sustainable (Subs and especially crazy growth with it). Prices keep going up too so people are getting tired of it. :yeshrug:

fully expect Gamepass on PS6.
Nah, I think the games need to start rolling in. Without it, they're no different from PS+. if they hold true to their promise and start dropping legit AAA titles day one, im certain the number will skyrocket.

Midfield can't do all that heavy lifting by itself. No games, no growth.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Nah, I think the games need to start rolling in. Without it, they're no different from PS+. if they hold true to their promise and start dropping legit AAA titles day one, im certain the number will skyrocket.

Midfield can't do all that heavy lifting by itself. No games, no growth.

Starfield is a legit AAA day one, so was Redfall. The next games on the horizon are what?

The point is the Subscription rates haven't been growing as they initially projected (no one's is for the record). Guarantee you gonna see more situations where players pay an extra 30 bucks more like they did with Starfield to play a week early (nice way to double dip and get additional revenue even though that's kinda shady).

BBG

Superstar
Daps
Starfield is a legit AAA day one, so was Redfall. The next games on the horizon are what?

The point is the Subscription rates haven't been growing as they initially projected (no one's is for the record). Guarantee you gonna see more situations where players pay an extra 30 bucks more like they did with Starfield to play a week early (nice way to double dip and get additional revenue even though that's kinda shady).
We not counting Redfail breh :mjlol: I count midfield because even though it's just average for a Bethesda game (not on a regular scale because I still don't think it's a 7) it's a legit hit and has sold consoles on its own. Ain't nobody buy no damn console for Redfail.

Fable, Perfect Dark, possibly Avowed, a AAA State Of Decay 3, etc. can sell systems. These games need to come out and they need to come out fast. 2023 all we got was piece of shyt Redfail and Starfield. That isn't justifying the cost of GP for most, but like I said if they can crank out a couple legit hits per year it can.

It's basic math. Two legit games that people would ordinarily buy at MSRP is $140. I don't know what the cost of GP is these days because I never buy full price but I'm sure it's around there plus you get all the mid/Indy titles to play in between the hits.

The business model makes absolute sense, it's the execution that's failing miserably.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh

Forza is next and then city skylines. This is $120 dollars if you buy em alone. That’s well worth the game pass yearly price by themselves.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Forza is next and then city skylines. This is $120 dollars if you buy em alone. That’s well worth the game pass yearly price by themselves.

The issue ain't the value.

The issue is the subs aren't growing as projected. Not limited to Microsoft either.

That's why the prices are going up on ALL of these subscription joints.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The issue ain't the value.

The issue is the subs aren't growing as projected. Not limited to Microsoft either.

That's why the prices are going up on ALL of these subscription joints.

It ain’t even limited to gaming, its across the board in music and tv

People don’t want 50 recurring charges on their credit statement every month

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It ain’t even limited to gaming, its across the board in music and tv

People don’t want 50 recurring charges on their credit statement every month

yeah, that's why I said ALL OF THEM.

in movie/tv everyone wanted to be their own netflix, but you can't try to do your own shyt over a decade later when Netflix made themselves the de facto streaming brand with subs ACROSS THE GLOBE. Lotta these shows and companies gonna go running right back to them too.

With gaming, you now see that your numbers are pretty much your numbers at this point with Subs.

I think Leasy was talking about how they'd be at double that 25 million :francis:

It doesn't matter if it's allocated to one game. You have to remember that DLC and games itself can be purchase. The goal is to attain over 50 million and higher subscribers where you are reeling in billions of dollars a month similar to Office 365/Apple Cloud shyt etc....

Sony makes 200 million off Call of Duty in a year. Microsoft can gain that in just subscribers in a month. You see why Sony is scared the death because this and it will change the fukking industry

Microsoft will already be making 300 Billy a month just from their cloud services alone. Getting third party games is nothing because you are paying upfront fee to gain subscribers to your services. Pay now and benefit later which so far is working as they have 25 million subscribers.