Microsoft buys Nokia

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I would like to know how you came to the conclusion that it is awful. :popcorn:

A consistent sub 2% marketshare owner begins a "monopoly" era by buying out one of the least profitable handset makers with no decent roadmap for future hardware or software in the mobile space.

So how does this chalk up to starting a monopoly again?

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
A consistent sub 2% marketshare owner begins a "monopoly" era by buying out one of the least profitable handset makers with no decent roadmap for future hardware or software in the mobile space.

Perhaps if you had a clue you wouldn't be so confused.

Meanwhile in Nokia land....

tumblr_mmth0xs6gc1sn0r88o1_500.gif

Daps
Ohhhh this is big considering Nokia has a lot of pull in the asian market. I see you, Microsoft :myman:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
As always with you. As always.
FPuI0RG.png

I understand google fanboys like yourself that have been anxiously anticipating a Nokia Lumia 1020 with Android (:scusthov:) are undoubtedly disspointed in this news, this is actually excellent news for both companies, as well as shareholders.

This is a win for Nokia because they now now an EXCELLENT cash position, the main knock most investment firms held against them. Furthermore, they get to focus entirely on their HERE maps division, as well as their Nokia Seimens Network division, their most profitable sectors.
Nokia shareholders will eat because of the above as well.

Microsoft wins because the get the most innovative cellphone company making cell phones now. Yes, even more innovative that Apple and Samsung(:heh:). M$ will now be an OEM with the resources and personnel to compete directly with Google, and Apple. Something i'm sure those other companies are undoubtedly terrified of.

This also proves that M$ is in it for the long haul in regards to Windows Phone. Elop will likely become the new CEO of Microsoft, which will undoubtedly ensure Windows phone gets robust support going forward. All those folks currently using windows phone should rest easy as this deal garauntees Windows blindingly bright future! We know have the full resources of M$ pushing windows phone.

All in all, its a great day to be a fan of Windows Phone, Nokia, and Microsoft.

And being that I'm a share holder in NOK and MSFT. I'm about to go into a coma i'm eating so damn good...:yes:

:mj:

And for those thinking that NOK is about to make an Android phone...:camby:

HigherLiving

King of the Friend Zone
Daps
Reppin
UK
i remember when Nokia used to be the shyt. they so wack now. i hope microsoft can turn them round. :ohhh:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i remember when Nokia used to be the shyt. they so wack now. i hope microsoft can turn them round. :ohhh:

They make premium devices but now they are stuck with windows....windows should just go with nokia only unless the other companies pay them. This way they can maybe do an iphone 1 device for all type deal.

Last edited:

Audible101

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Göteborg, Sverige

Ye like with Xboxone, the azure cloud, windows 8 all unified they will take over all the platforms. Is apple but with a console, like damn can you imagine how big it will be?