Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
You gotta pay extra for that. And you still can only “lock” one title.

Gamepass is easily the better “rental” service, and it’s cheaper.

Day one physical and digital are the same price

Digital you can download early and play the moment the game releases.

Physical you gotta drive to GameStop and wait in line with the rest of the neckbeards, then come home and still install/download the games.

Day one experience, digital clearly wins

That’s Sony’s fault, and yours for being so dedicated to a platform that’s not giving you the advantages you could get elsewhere.
Every Microsoft title is available day one on Gamepass.

With digital games you could save/recoup just as much money, but still have access to the game.

You are just in denial.

You are getting less, and don’t even understand why :wow:
But I said I was gonna get game pass and physical makes sense for ME and MY gaming on my PS5

so you’re entire rant still hasn’t explained a single thing as to why buying digital madden is better than physical madden but extra hours of gaming. And gamelock is free.. you only pay extra to lock more games. And the $35 I can sell my game for will make up for the gas across the street. If Amazon don’t have it here by noon.

Stop it fam. I get what you saying. Netflix is better than 150 dvds. Until you looking for that movie you want to watch and it ain’t there. And you realize 4K streaming ain’t 4K Blu-ray. But hey. You don’t gotta get up off the couch

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Has Nintendo failed without COD?
Nintendo does their own thing. They make proprietary boxes most people mainly buy to play Nintendo games. The hardware is weaker. The third party support in borderline irrelevant because when you look at the charts most of what's selling there is Nintendo games.

Their hardware is also cheaper than the others. Point being people have no real issue buying Nintendo hardware as a second console. If the Switch is your primary console and you don't own a gaming PC or another console chances are those never appealed to you anyway.

Nintendo has their own customer base and even when they don't like I said people are cool with it as a second console so they aren't competing with Xbox or PlayStation. With an Xbox or a PS5 there's a ton of overlap in the library. So much so that it doesn't make sense for the average person to buy both.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
But I said I was gonna get game pass and physical makes sense for ME and MY gaming on my PS5
That’s cause PS5 don’t have Gamepass:mjlol:

But even then, the only real advantage buying physical games gives you is the idea of having the game in your possession.

so you’re entire rant still hasn’t explained a single thing as to why buying digital madden is better than physical madden but extra hours of gaming. And gamelock is free.. you only pay extra to lock more games. And the $35 I can sell my game for will make up for the gas across the street. If Amazon don’t have it here by noon.

You going back and forth, you talking about buying or renting???

If you are buying you can save that same $35 and retain ownership indefinitely.

Stop it fam. I get what you saying. Netflix is better than 150 dvds. Until you looking for that movie you want to watch and it ain’t there. And you realize 4K streaming ain’t 4K Blu-ray. But hey. You don’t gotta get up off the couch
Digital games are available and in real 4k just like physical ones.

The Netflix comparison doesn’t work here.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Nintendo does their own thing. They make proprietary boxes most people mainly buy to play Nintendo games. The hardware is weaker. The third party support in borderline irrelevant because when you look at the charts most of what's selling there is Nintendo games.

Their hardware is also cheaper than the others. Point being people have no real issue buying Nintendo hardware as a second console. If the Switch is your primary console and you don't own a gaming PC or another console chances are those never appealed to you anyway.

Nintendo has their own customer base and even when they don't like I said people are cool with it as a second console so they aren't competing with Xbox or PlayStation. With an Xbox or a PS5 there's a ton of overlap in the library. So much so that it doesn't make sense for the average person to buy both.
Y’all brehs been so void of first party titles that y’all conflating Sony’s situation with y’all’s.
:why:

We have decades of storied frachises and first party software that move units and could, if necessary, solely support PlayStation without crossover third party titles.

shyt Miles and Tsushima damn near pulled in a billion $ between the two of them. And we could release them on PC for another quarter billion if we wanted to.

Y’all act like we’re starving out here. We not on MS level of revenue (clearly) but we’re doing OK over here..,

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Y’all brehs been so void of first party titles that y’all conflating Sony’s situation with y’all’s.
:why:

We have decades of storied frachises and first party software that move units and could, if necessary, solely support PlayStation without crossover third party titles.

shyt Miles and Tsushima damn near pulled in a billion $ between the two of them. And we could release them on PC for another quarter billion if we wanted to.

Y’all act like we’re starving out here. We not on MS level of revenue (clearly) but we’re doing OK over here..,
You talking about yall. I own a PS5, I own an Xbox Series X, I own a Switch. I literally don't have a side. My desire is to see the market split 1/3 between all so all these companies can compete harder against each other.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Nintendo did the long-term strategy and not compete with graphics whores that do dog-eat-dog vulture capitalism that strays attentions away from QUALITY single player IPs. :obama:

With Nintendo's legendary strong first-party games, they can weather out the storm.
Right. Nintendo has carved out their own lane as the console for families, and "second" console for hardcore gamers. They're golden.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
That’s cause PS5 don’t have Gamepass:mjlol:

But even then, the only real advantage buying physical games gives you is the idea of having the game in your possession.

You going back and forth, you talking about buying or renting???

If you are buying you can save that same $35 and retain ownership indefinitely.

Digital games are available and in real 4k just like physical ones.

The Netflix comparison doesn’t work here.
It’s 2022. I buy physical discs for games I’m not gonna just beat and return. Mostly sports, shooters, gta types. Every year I sell off the sports games. If I whiff on a game I thought was good like cyberpunk, I can sell it off quickly and recoup. For literally every other game in the library, I can rent and return if it’s terrible, saving me money. Or rent and beat real quick and send back. I’m not an online gamer really. Once I beat something. It’s done. Do I really need the $30-40 back? Nah. But getting it is a plus no? I’m not popping in horizon 1 again and neither will I pop in madden 21 or 22 in a few months. And I don’t PC game.

So now that’s not an advantage. And what I should want is an all digital system instead of a physical disc system that also does everything the all digital does :gucci:

That’s like telling me I can have a car with Bluetooth and wireless charging. Or a car with Bluetooth, wireless charging and usb charging. If I’m not broke, why not get the one that can do it all?

And I don’t PC game. At all. Never have. So game pass wasn’t going to be bought on any system. I literally said I’ll have it cause my son just got a gaming pc. Same like if Xbox dropped a good console that had good games, I’d cop one tonight. You just want me to want digital games for some reason like I wouldn’t do it if it made sense