SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Now Sega was far from perfect we all know

:hubie:

But Sony had no problem pulling a scar on mufasa on they ass either

But that’s how it is in business
But what was Sony supposed to do? Sega dropped they next gen console and flexed FIRST bro. Sony still stuck with the PS1 until it was their turn. I’m saying this as one of the biggest Dreamcast fans on this site. I still own one and play it.

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
The Bloomberg reporting today confirms what I said yesterday essentially, the allegations at Activision basically allowed Microsoft to get the company somewhat cheaper amazingly.

Bobby K is a POS but as a CEO he did his job in salvaging value for shareholders considering their stock cratered once the allegations surfaced. Unreal

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Damn I saw this on Era and didn’t even think of this

:ohhh:

Why would they not make it exclusive. WHEN they figure out the cloud, they won’t go through the trouble of making a Sony PlayStation port, because it would be easier and more profitable to just have it stream to the Sony TV and you could even use your Dualsense. This move is about a future where streaming is the predominant way to play.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Sony has always benefited of Microsoft treating the Xbox division like some annoying side chick, in the grand scheme of things it was just a blip compared to their core business which has always been windows and office.

But a sleeping giant has woken when you got an entire Microsoft company fully engaged into the game space, they dun made Xbox their bottom bytch and bout to cover her ass in diamond and gold…..if Xbox ain’t ever been a threat it’s damn sure bout to be one now

Yeah the casual market is strong as hell. Cater your game to the lowest common denominator, add in microtransactions, and you have profits out the ass.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Yeah the casual market is strong as hell. Cater your game to the lowest common denominator, add in microtransactions, and you have profits out the ass.
Always has been….we stay shytting on madden, 2k and fifa for doing the bare minimum and it still constantly sells top 5 every year…casual money talks louder than legitimate complaints

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Sony spends billions on keeping games and content off Xbox.

If they could, they would just buy the games outright
Agreed. We don't know know the exact figures of their exclusivity/marketing deals but the idea Sony is some boutique struggling to survive is absurd. They entered the market as a billion dollar conglomerate and flexed just the same as everyone else. Hell Nintendo during the 90s is probably the best example of how petty these companies can get. Now we're feigning concern because MS got the bigger bag :camby:.

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
I hate yall biased ass views on this forum. Overwatch is one of the most popular shooters in the world especially in the overseas market. Where yalll be getting this shyt from

I got a friend of mine who be playing that shyt almost every time he logs into his PS5.

capblk

Rookie
Daps
Sony gets god levels of appreciation for their ridiculous ps2 catalog but it was a bunch of snake ass shyt they was pulling in them days

Money-hatting games off other platforms was a common occurrence and wasn’t even necessary most of the time since they had a bulk of the player base but did it anyway. Sony played the game of business just like all the other publishers did…they hyped up a damn DVD player to get Sega out the paint completely…basically robbed namco at one point….and all this gained them good will

Can you point me in the right direction to get more info on the Sony/Namco issues? Always interested in the behind the scenes stuff in gaming.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The path was already set since "always on" was a huge failure. That they needed to go another way cause they couldn't compete.
Seems like it was more of a messaging hiccup to consumers than a failure.

MS was forward thinking and moving too fast with their ideas. The Kinect and the Always On methodology got bad press because MS was already seen as the big bad corporation and they generally suck at marketing compared to the likes of Sony or Apple

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Seems like it was more of a messaging hiccup to consumers than a failure.

MS was forward thinking and moving too fast with their ideas. The Kinect and the Always On methodology got bad press because MS was already seen as the big bad corporation and they generally suck at marketing compared to the likes of Sony or Apple
Nah it was fukking stupid. They rightfully dubbed that bullshyt. It was a clear example of a company unchecked feeling themselves and getting humbled.