Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Sony has always benefited of Microsoft treating the Xbox division like some annoying side chick, in the grand scheme of things it was just a blip compared to their core business which has always been windows and office.

But a sleeping giant has woken when you got an entire Microsoft company fully engaged into the game space, they dun made Xbox their bottom bytch and bout to cover her ass in diamond and gold…..if Xbox ain’t ever been a threat it’s damn sure bout to be one now

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
This is literally why people felt a way about them joining the gaming space in the first place. They are just doing what people was scared they was gonna do initially, 20 years later.

This is exactly what people were scared of. No argument there. While I think that the stewardship will be far better now than then, the same reality exists. I would argue that the rationale is different. Far larger companies than Sony and Nintendo are in the visible distance, this is a warning shot to them. So, Sony is just going to be collateral damage in this. Note that Kotick went to Facebook, not Sony, to see if they would match Microsoft's offer. Microsoft really doesn't see Sony as their competitor anymore. Sony threatens Xbox. Facebook, Apple, Embracer and Amazon threatens Microsoft so that is why Microsoft pulled up yesterday.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Sony catches a major L with this one regardless of the games being exclusive or not.

Either Microsoft makes billions off Sony’s console, which they use to buy more shyt:hula:or Sony just loses a huge part of their revenue.

Crazy happenings:wow:

Microsoft going to make millions from Spartacus. Create a competitor for a service you are utilizing the competitor for :mjlol:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
This is exactly what people were scared of. No argument there. While I think that the stewardship will be far better now than then, the same reality exists. I would argue that the rationale is different. Far larger companies than Sony and Nintendo are in the visible distance, this is a warning shot to them. So, Sony is just going to be collateral damage in this. Note that Kotick went to Facebook, not Sony, to see if they would match Microsoft's offer. Microsoft really doesn't see Sony as their competitor anymore. Sony threatens Xbox. Facebook, Apple, Embracer and Amazon threatens Microsoft so that is why Microsoft pulled up yesterday.

That is understandable but Microsoft is not buying companies to buy them. Microsoft actually has an infrastructure that is moving video games forward in the future. You mean to tell me when can subscribed to hundreds of video games and play them seamlessly on any device in the world with no fukking problem.

I dont think people realize how amazing that is. Nintendo or Sony can't do that.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Again.. we think too highly of ourselves.. This shyt ain't a result of fans. It's a result of getting blown the fukk out in sales of consoles in 3 out of 4 of the last generations. So they made a PLANNED pivot to online gaming and streaming games.

Ain't nobody sitting in the board meeting like

"Boy the fans keep saying we don't have games. I mean I thought we had enough but the talk on twitter is we have no games."

"Holy shyt Frank! Good thing you brought that up. Nobody had a clue. I guess we gotta start blowing money on devs."

Nah... We could talk or not talk. Hell, we could have made MS the best selling console this gen. The path was already set since "always on" was a huge failure. That they needed to go another way cause they couldn't compete.

I disagree completely. M$ was chilling and happy with their cut, but nikkas were dogging them left and right for 5+ years straight.

You'd be a fool to think they don't pay attention to that. There's an entire generation of gamers who are adverse to Xbox. It's akin to how people view iPhones vs Androids. You don't think Samsung pays attention to the stigma that the average person places on their phones? That's ridiculous. If they had "fukk you" money like Microsoft they'd flip the script in a heartbeat.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I wanna know where were all these monopolist when Microsoft and Nintendo came together to allow cross platform gaming and Sony basically said no and even later when they conceded added in all these financial stipulations as a poison pill so most companies wouldn't do it.

Where were all of them when Sony got Square Enix to pull what has been a tent pole franchise for generations in Final Fantasy off Xbox? That's fair but the threat of Microsoft maybe taking Call of Duty off the market? The government needs to step in.

Where were they when Sony posted more gaming revenue than Microsoft and Nintendo combined? Where were they when Sony smacked up indie developers and those developers went on the internet to cry about their poor treatment?

I guess all of Sony's bad behavior gets a pass because it's organically grown right? Can we please stop trying to call Microsoft a monopoly because they consumed a few companies and still will be the #3 player in the market? Can we stop calling them a monopoly when they're clearly not all the while ignoring a larger company in the space that uses it's market dominance to get it's way on just about everything virtually unchecked?

It's all so disingenuous. Most people here don't care about there being a gaming monopoly. They were cheering for Microsoft to leave the space. They sat silent as Sony used their overwhelming dominance in the space to their own ends. Let's be real here it's not what but who controls shyt they care about.

In my eyes if Microsoft can become a more legit competitor to Sony and keep them honest I'm all for that. The market leader needs a strong competitor not a weak one. You tell me between Sony and Microsoft since Phil Spencer took over Microsoft who's been at the forefront of pro-consumer behavior for the most part and who's been riddled in anti-consumer fiasco after fiasco.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
:ld: just recently World of Warcraft Classic (2020) and Diablo 2 resurrected (2021) were massive hits :ld:

both with more players than PS5 top selling game, Spider Man :ld: so if those arent bangers, then nothing Sony has is one :ld:
I’m not talking about just games that’s gonna sell regardless. I’m talking about games that are of high quality. Hopefully Microsoft brings the quality back to these franchises by improving the work culture over there.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
That is understandable but Microsoft is not buying companies to buy them. Microsoft actually has an infrastructure that is moving video games forward in the future. You mean to tell me when can subscribed to hundreds of video games and play them seamlessly on any device in the world with no fukking problem.

I dont think people realize how amazing that is. Nintendo or Sony can't do that.

I'm just focusing on the business side of things in my previous post. I've used flight simulator as an example many times as a game that no one else in the world can make. With their ability, Microsoft can push gaming far further than everyone else. No fight for me on that as I agree with you.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I wanna know where were all these monopolist when Microsoft and Nintendo came together to allow cross platform gaming and Sony basically said no and even later when they conceded added in all these financial stipulations as a poison pill so most companies wouldn't do it.

Where were all of them when Sony got Square Enix to pull what has been a tent pole franchise for generations in Final Fantasy off Xbox? That's fair but the threat of Microsoft maybe taking Call of Duty off the market? The government needs to step in.

Where were they when Sony posted more gaming revenue than Microsoft and Nintendo combined? Where were they when Sony smacked up indie developers and those developers went on the internet to cry about their poor treatment?

I guess all of Sony's bad behavior gets a pass because it's organically grown right? Can we please stop trying to call Microsoft a monopoly because they consumed a few companies and still will be the #3 player in the market? Can we stop calling them a monopoly when they're clearly not all the while ignoring a larger company in the space that uses it's market dominance to get it's way on just about everything virtually unchecked?

It's all so disingenuous. Most people here don't care about there being a gaming monopoly. They were cheering for Microsoft to leave the space. They sat silent as Sony used their overwhelming dominance in the space to their own ends. Let's be real here it's not what but who controls shyt they care about.

In my eyes if Microsoft can become a more legit competitor to Sony and keep them honest I'm all for that. The market leader needs a strong competitor not a weak one. You tell me between Sony and Microsoft since Phil Spencer took over Microsoft who's been at the forefront of pro-consumer behavior for the most part and who's been riddled in anti-consumer fiasco after fiasco.
Who the hell was cheering for that? Fanboys on both sides of the argument are retarded because none of it is good for gaming or the consumer if major players are out of the equation. Competition is good for the market and for consumers. These corporations don’t love u. We not even gonna talk about Sony especially in relation to Nintendo who don’t give af about nobody. Not even their own fans. That damn cross play shyt is something any company has the choice to do and if they don’t wanna do it it shouldn’t be a problem. Comparing that to just dropping damn near 100 billion on companies to just buy shyt out is a WHOLE different ball game so the only one being disingenuous is u honestly. All of these companies have had their indie developers complain about them one time or another. There’s plenty of indie developers who love Sony as well. Let’s not act like there wasn’t indie developers complaining about Microsoft or Nintendo. U nikkas need to stop acting like these companies love y’all. I been preaching this shyt since the beginning.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I’m not talking about just games that’s gonna sell regardless. I’m talking about games that are of high quality. Hopefully Microsoft brings the quality back to these franchises by improving the work culture over there.
Who knew some creep stealing breast milk and another creep giving random inappropriate massages would lead to Microsoft biggest purchase ever and potentially the biggest shift in gaming history :mindblown: