Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
But Microsoft didn't have shyt and that was them to blame. With the Xbox 360 they had a ton of heavy hitters:mindblown:

And Capitalism doesn't require talking shyt breh. :mjlol: This is all about the money:francis:
You havent been in the threads where im arguing with cats for years on here
I dont care about who owns what, money, capitalism etc.

This only happens as a result of Sony people talking shyt and making it happen.

The result of today is a product of a decade of carelessness. Nobody that owned anything Microsoft cared until it became some weird war of Stanleys
Thats all money, business and corporation aside. People basically begged a company with unlimited resources to attack them and I've been preaching "just chill" on here. This could have been done way sooner, but Sony dug their own grave with this shyt.
If nobody brought it up I doubt this happens. Microsoft was always cool with just getting their slice of the pie and chilling. They wanted to do crossplay, Sony refused... they wanted to work deals out... Sony refused. The fans talked crazy shyt for no reason... this is what happens.

Like I said, if shyt went 100% left... who do you think would Actually buy Sony? The same way maybe when Microsoft saved Apple? Cats arent really seeing the bigger picture here and its ironic because they are using Sonys own pride against itself

They are gonna lie and act like they are playing nice and shyt but Sony does not want to fukk with microsoft at all. It puts Sony in a real bad spot where they look like pieces of shyt if they dont comply. Its not a matter of what fans like or not now... If sony says fukk them.... they lose all them games... if they comply finally, they rent games from Microsoft. Its a terrible position to be in. They could have just complied for free earlier and traded rights to games.

That's whats so devilish about microsoft saying "we are for the people, arent you? :shaq:" because now being for the people means paying microsoft. Microsoft didnt really do this out of obligation, they did it to directly corner Sony into complying or remaining stubborn and looking nuts. Microsoft is basically Gaslighting Sony

"oh you made so much money... go you" :shaq: *takes 15%*
"wow your streaming did so good with this exclusive microsoft content" :shaq: *takes 15%*

"we will unlock some features for you now" :shaq: *already made a years worth of profit from it*

"wow you're being so stubborn and wont comply... look at how crazy Sony is everyone" :shaq:

it is disgusting as fukk, but Sony stans begged for it remember :whoa: Microsoft is so grimey they tried to even partner with Nintendo on some :wtb: shyt. I been trying to tell yall to chill. Money doesnt give a fukk about feelings or hype.
Its not gonna stop me from playing Playstation, Nintendo, Xbox or PC. I dont control the tides or care. I play all them shyts regardless of what games are where. But even this fukks up Sonys plan to even begin breaking better deals... they cant afford to coast now while losing money at the same time.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Doesn't make financial sense not to have it on PS4/5 in the short term. You're losing money doing that. Long term sure, maybe they do it. Or maybe they have one version of the game that's on both consoles, and then put MW or something on Xbox exclusively. I'm just talking from a business perspective, I don't play these games.

My only interest is in Blizzard, specifically Diablo 4. It's never coming out huh, boys.
:mjcry:

if you spend 70 billion dollars i doubt you are worried about money

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
because Microsoft is more than just a gaming company, that's why i'm saying i am not sure what move there is for Sony to make if we just limit it making a move strictly with the PlayStation brand in mind.

of course Microsoft is looking to make a profit eventually, and the means by which they do that isn't solely driven by a console war.

Some of the guys on here look at this stuff strictly in console wars hence they cant quite believe the events of today and are trying to spin it anyway they can.

If people are being honest with themselves today is crazy from an industry perspective.

Anyone paying attention should have known what was coming when Satya Nadella said MS was "all in" on gaming. It’s going to be a huge pillar of MS business going forward they’ll be able to leverage their cloud and enterprise business, reach out to the massive mobile gaming community and push their cloud gaming services on multiple devices. With 5G becoming more ubiquitous actual cloud gaming on the move is now possible. I was very sceptical of Cloud gaming at first but playing Xbox games on the move with no lag is a revelation

These moves are also to counter more important companies than Sony and stopping them from getting a foothold in the industry. Taking these companies off the board means the likes of Amazon cant get them.

Best believe after today those companies are going to go harder in the paint to get it poppin

Last edited:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah destroy all competition and let Microsoft have a monopoly that's good for everybody.:troll:

There will always be some other company making games. In the 80's everyone had a system. Magnavox, Panasonic, colecovision, you name it. Nintendo just hit a stride and home systems gravitated toward the better, more involved games. shyt was just a lot of bloop bloop beep beep pew pew pow pow shyt. So many home consoles came and went. Even in the 70's there were companies I want to say acclaim but I could be wrong that were making games. Games been around and ain't going nowhere. Even if these publishers are under one roof there will always be people making games and selling them or working under another company to get their shyt out there.

Minecraft, five nights at Freddy's, fortnite, theres will always be some small team with good ideas.

Steam will be working. It nearly costs as much to make a good indie game as it used to cost to make a budget game. It's crazy how indie is like the big shyt now.

The thing about the monopoly is eventually it could backfire. There was a company that used to make refrigerators, they made them so well that they literally never broke or died and basically the buyers never bought (because they didn't need to) another refrigerator from the company and they ended up going under. I don't quite know how Microsoft could shoot themselves in the foot but it can happen. Nowadays companies just have to integrate with what people already have like being able to play fortnite on every device or console, it's crazy to me that Sony hasn't made a tv with the PlayStation already integrated into like an app, but with the hardware inside the actual tv so you get the full effect, although with streaming you might not need that in a decade. You'll just be able to download the Sony app and log in and play all the titles, maybe it'll be exclusive to Sony tvs or just an app like everything else you can download and play on any tv.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Some of the guys on here look at this stuff strictly in console wars hence they cant quite believe the events of today and are trying to spin it anyway they can.

If people are being honest with themselves today is crazy from an industry perspective.

Anyone paying attention should have known what was coming when Satya Nadella said MS was "all in" on gaming. It’s going to be a huge pillar of MS business going forward they’ll be able to leverage their cloud and enterprise business, reach out to the massively mobile gaming community and push their cloud gaming services on multiple devices. With 5G becoming more ubiquitous actual cloud gaming on the move is now possible. I was very sceptical of Cloud gaming at first but playing Xbox games on the move with no lag is a revelation

These moves are also to counter more important companies than Sony and stopping them from getting a foothold in the industry. Taking these companies off the board means the likes of Amazon cant get them.

Best believe after today those companies are going to go harder in the paint to get it poppin
Right. Posters in here on a tictactoe strategy level and can't compute chess moves. This move also opens up the possibility of those other big players like you mentioned, coming and knocking on Sony's door depending on what kind of impact and where things trend in the next few years.

People really thinking it's crazy to think the likes of Apple can't buy Sony. Everybody has a price.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
As someone who has predominantly been a Ps Gamer since near the start of last gen, I gotta say..all of these Sony stans on Twitter claiming how unfair it is that Xbox keep doing this is so funny to me, they weren’t saying shyt when Sony was doing it all last gen lol

Hypocrites.

All of them.

Chef

All Star
Daps
I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around the Call of Duty debate. It’s had a very rough time since the launch of Vanguard. Since MW19, the series has gotten worse and selling less. Warzone helped the series but now it’s bug ridden. With the buyout not being set in stone til next year summer, which means they have two games coming and at least one game in preproduction.

Who has faith that this series will climb out of the hole they dug? Let alone someone to buy into a new ecosystem without a guarantee it’s not the same game with the same issues? CoD has what six developers? How do you keep these developers afloat when you’re going limit their ability to generate money by removing it off a platform? More MTX?

Its my same issue with WoW, the game suffers from content droughts, poor game design, it’s no where near the same population it was at its peak and has actual competition with FF14.