Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
This is crazy, but 68 billion is nuts. Hope it works out, but :patrice: i dont know. This is a huge risk

Honestly,

I'd have been ecstatic if-instead of buying blizzard/Activision - Msft purchased the smaller developers who make games like Dying Light and Insurgency Sandstorm.
this is what sony does and it works

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Apple makes the most sense to me.
I worry that Apple would want too big of a chunk for their partnership though.
Sony products merging with Apple's ecosystem is interesting to me. Apple is also prepping for the metaverse, Sony has the tech, the devs and they already make high quality hardware (which aligns with Apple).

Sony has a lot of IP also that Apple would then be able to leverage for their Apple+ streaming service, the camera division/aspect as well... there's a lot of things that fit if Apple wanted to go that route, and that's not even getting into specifically gaming either.

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
Sony already tried this with PS Now. It failed.

I do think MS will do a much better job with it, but people still like their physical consoles.
If cod is a exclusive, I can see a large number of ps fans getting a Xbox. Maybe a series S to fill that cod void they will have.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
dude literally said in this very thread that outside of halo infinite there’s nothing on GP lol

that's not what I said. :beli:

there's nothing that interests ME right now. Didn't say you or others. Just like theres a lot of cats who don't care for other shyt.

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
Sony products merging with Apple's ecosystem is interesting to me. Apple is also prepping for the metaverse, Sony has the tech, the devs and they already make high quality hardware (which aligns with Apple).

Sony has a lot of IP also that Apple would then be able to leverage for their Apple+ streaming service, the camera division/aspect as well... there's a lot of things that fit if Apple wanted to go that route, and that's not even getting into specifically gaming either.

This would be the only way for Sony to survive long term

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
This isn't true. Sony is only bigger *right now* because their cuts from those 3rd parties are factored into their overall gaming revenue. Losing that is what will change the landscape. MS is not an underdog. They have never been an underdog.
Damn. Truthfully I didn't consider the loss of revenue from AB games so you are definitely correct. Now I'm curious how big a chunk of Sony's revenue that is.