Microsoft again apologizing for lack of games, promises new stuff soon

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Can't even make this stuff up. It's past pathetic at this point.

From the 1st Series X showing in May 2020 to the official unveil summer of that year...all the way to only having E3 conference this year with 0 communications (Nintendo direct/state of play style events) and then nothing at this game awards.

Year after year these guys are apologizing for either not having, or not showing games.

It's obvious that Microsoft is not a true gaming company and it's crazy that they still don't understand what their audience wants.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Peter Moore was the best CEO of Xbox and I dont think he would allow a drought like Phil has. I game mainly on xbox because I prefer controller and built up a library, but I don't think anybody can survive with just gaming on xbox compared to other consoles. It's been 8+ years, and he hasn't had a concrete plan in properly outputting bangers compared to Sony and Nintendo. I feel he got lucky how great Forza Horizon became and Gears being Gears because other than that he has fallen flat. Also his hail mary plan for gamepass worked, but right now we're at the point where he should be outputting xbox originals to maintain subscription because I feel many wouldn't have gamepass ultimate if it wasn't for the gold trick.

Anyways, they have 23 studios and they can't rely on just Bethesda and Obsidian to carry and we have to start seeing what other studios can do. If I say this I'll get in trouble, but Phil Spencer's first and third party console exclusive output hasn't been that much better than Don Mattrick.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
They've been apologizing for 10 years. Someone post that Phil promise list.
Needs to be updated.

w6XKOfD.jpg

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can’t lie for me it’s primarily the controller…I love how the controller feels that fukking much…it’s what made be get an xbox one…that was the first time I really bought an xbox…also they get some media apps before playstation does…I literally watch movies/shows as much as I game if not more…but back to the controller, I prefer to play multiplat games using it

this gen, I did buy some multiplat games on the PS5 bcuz I was curious to see how they’d implement the dualsense but as some predicted early on, its use feels like an afterthought when it comes to multiplat games…sony’s first party games seem to be the only ones committed to creatively utilizing/implementing that shyt…so I’m back to using the xbox primarily for multiplat games

but I remember being in best buy using the demo unit and about to buy a PS4…then I went to check out the xbox demo unit bcuz some friends were considering migrating to xbox for GTA V…and when I felt that controller in my hand… :wow: anyway I left best buy with an xbox that day…ended up buying a PS4 a couple weeks later tho…can’t believe I just wrote 3 paragraphs about a fukking controller lmaooo
Cyberpunk and now The Witcher will have haptic feedback that alone changes games for me and especially Cyberpunk!

There’s no going back

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cyberpunk and now The Witcher will have haptic feedback that alone changes games for me and especially Cyberpunk!

There’s no going back

that’s what I thought too…a lot of multiplat games announce/have haptic feedback but when I actually play the games, it’s incorporation feels like an afterthought and it’s not implemented to the degree it is in sony games…anyway my opinion is kind of unique…I don’t expect anyone to care about controllers that much…but I really do like the xbox controller…I have about 12-15 of them lol

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Yeah I'm not gonna lie, they've been putting stuff out but their big games outside of the big 3 are non-existent. Gamepass is really the only thing they got going for me right now but it's enough for now. I'm gonna need some of these big 1st party joints soon. This Gen was rushed just like last and both sides are just now putting out games, well Sony is at least.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that’s what I thought too…a lot of multiplat games announce/have haptic feedback but when I actually play the games, it’s incorporation feels like an afterthought and it’s not implemented to the degree it is in sony games…anyway my opinion is kind of unique…I don’t expect anyone to care about controllers that much…but I really do like the xbox controller…I have about 12-15 of them lol
Oh I care a lot to breh and I’m with with on the Xbox controller is better just minus haptic feedback
Yeah I'm not gonna lie, they've been putting stuff out but their big games outside of the big 3 are non-existent. Gamepass is really the only thing they got going for me right now but it's enough for now. I'm gonna need some of these big 1st party joints soon. This Gen was rushed just like last and both sides are just now putting out games, well Sony is at least.
true BUT playing GOT, Last of Us 2, Spider-Man and MM are VERY different experiences on ps5 vs and ps4, their like brand new games IMO

Xbox is going to be ok they basically bought their way into the conversation because as everyone can see the total gaming community isn’t and wasn’t rushing out to cop a console for Forza, Halo and Gears

I say all that to say this, in the grand scheme of things personally I could care less about who M$ buys as a gamer I just want dope games that’s it.