Microsoft / Activision Deal Leaves Sony Stans in Shambles | M$ Wins Fight Against FTC

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
FTC has no reason to block it. The Commish is just trying to make a name for herself. Waste of resources
What? No she isn't. She believes all large mergers & acquisitions are inherently bad for the consumer and for workers and should be scrutinized. She's doing her job like she should. Y'all just don't like it, because you're fanboys.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What? No she isn't. She believes all large mergers & acquisitions are inherently bad for the consumer and for workers and should be scrutinized. She's doing her job like she should. Y'all just don't like it, because you're fanboys.
That’s not her job, which is why she keeps getting clapped up.

Her job is to uphold trade law. There’s nothing against the law about this merger, which is why she is soon to be clapped up in court again.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Where Lying is generational :sitdown:

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
You don’t understand what you are celebrating.

The reason to file an injunction is as an emergency to prevent an imminent threat.

They saw microsoft was gonna close this deal in the next days/weeks so they threw out a desperate attempt to stop it.

This same case was already thrown out by another judge. This just speeds up the process, if microsoft wins this case like they did the last one this deal could be closed VERY soon.
Still doesn’t change the UK ruling…
:snooze:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I can't wait until this whole thing is blocked.

“For far too long, giant corporations have had almost free rein over our economy, harming competition, consumers, and workers. I appreciate Chair Khan’s commitment to closely scrutinize anti-competitive mergers and their impact on workers, including Microsoft’s proposed acquisition of Activision,” said Senator Warren.

In her response, FTC Chair Khan committed to closely scrutinize monopsony issues and labor concerns during the review process of all mergers. She also indicated that the FTC is looking into whether anti-worker employment provisions like non-compete clauses and non-disclosure agreements violate the FTC Act.

“I share your concern that monopsony power in labor markets may enable firms to harm workers in a host of ways, including through undermining their rights and dignity. Although antitrust law in recent decades generally has neglected monopsony concerns and harms to workers, I strongly believe that merger investigations must scrutinize the impact on labor markets. Given that Activision disclosed in a March 21, 2022 securities filing that the FTC is conducting a review of the proposed transaction, I am able to confirm that the FTC is investigating the proposed merger,” wrote Chair Khan in the letter.

“The FTC and the Department of Justice are redoubling our commitment to ensuring we consider how unlawful mergers and conduct may harm workers. The agencies recently hosted a joint workshop focused on competition and labor markets, and our current joint public inquiry to consider revisions to the merger guidelines includes a request for public comments to inform how to better address a merger’s potential labor market effects. Additionally, the FTC is scrutinizing whether certain contractual provisions — including non-compete clauses and nondisclosure agreements—may constitute unfair methods of competition, and how unfair or deceptive practices may also harm workers,” continued Chair Khan.

:blessed:

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
It is what it is

seems like other companies behind the scenes

pulling political weight

Apple and probably google maybe....