Microsoft / Activision Deal Leaves Sony Stans in Shambles | M$ Wins Fight Against FTC

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
That is why I said from jump, they don't know what they're talking about. But look at this part of the report:

Microsoft has a strong position in cloud gaming services and the evidence available to the CMA showed that Microsoft would find it commercially beneficial to make Activision’s games exclusive to its own cloud gaming service.

Microsoft already accounts for an estimated 60-70% of global cloud gaming services and has other important strengths in cloud gaming from owning Xbox, the leading PC operating system (Windows) and a global cloud computing infrastructure (Azure and Xbox Cloud Gaming).

The deal would reinforce Microsoft’s advantage in the market by giving it control over important gaming content such as Call of Duty, Overwatch, and World of Warcraft. The evidence available to the CMA indicates that, absent the merger, Activision would start providing games via cloud platforms in the foreseeable future.

Ok so why would Microsoft buy Activision and put all the games on the cloud only, but not PC or Xbox? In what world could a current COD even be played on the cloud? Why do they then list PC and XBOX as strengths in cloud gaming when they just said they wouldn't put games on PC and XBOX if it went through? Why if they denied the merger, would Activision then start making games for "cloud platforms" when there are no cloud platforms outside of MS and what happens to console and PC users when they do?

Seems like, again, they don't know what the fukk cloud gaming is
Activision games are currently not on any cloud service. CMA is saying MS would make them exclusive to their cloud service. they're not saying Activision games wouldn't be on consoles and PC, just that they'd only be available on one cloud service

that's why MS went out and made deals with GeForce Now, Boosteroid, and other cloud services. to show they were willing to bring MS games, and eventually Activision games, to other cloud services

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Brehs in the US are telling me in the UK how the CMA works.

And Jeremy Hunt has a nickname in this country. We say his surname starts with a C. Google it

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
UK players gonna have to pay those surfshark fee's like the chinese do.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
You can buy COD but can't buy respect in the hood
Maybe I'm so disrespectful cause to me you a mystery,
I know nikkas from your hood, you have no history

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This ain’t the 90s!
You don’t understand what you are celebrating.

The reason to file an injunction is as an emergency to prevent an imminent threat.

They saw microsoft was gonna close this deal in the next days/weeks so they threw out a desperate attempt to stop it.

This same case was already thrown out by another judge. This just speeds up the process, if microsoft wins this case like they did the last one this deal could be closed VERY soon.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So if the FTC isn't with it, perhaps M$ will just have America labeled as Closed for Business too. :mjlol:
The FTC has to ask a judge to block it. The CMA can just do it on their own. Which is why Microsoft and lots of other tech companies have said that about the U.K. even their own government has criticized what the CMA is doing.