Microsoft / Activision Deal Leaves Sony Stans in Shambles | M$ Wins Fight Against FTC

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They will have to defend when the appeal goes live in front of CAT.

No CAT decides if its worth reviewing it and CMA then have to defend their stance afterward, but they still get the ultimate decision in the end

almost nothing gets overturned through CAT.

If they actually carry on with this for another year and half I’ll gladly take the L but i don’t see it happening. I think this will be dropped before summer is over

The UK government is giving the CMA even more power after this fact also

Last edited:

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash

:mjlol:All this because they are not creative enough to make games inhouse

to busy trying to use gaming to take control of markets outside of PC operating system's.

note to M$ this is not some random guy making ms dos and bill gates stealing it and then cutting a deal with IBM

gaming you actually have to be creative

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Yeah, that reason is called "good exclusive games".

Y'all Mid Pass stans wouldn't understand. :russ:

Also, that take about GoW not having too much of an impact is wild lmao.

If even 10% of the PS playerbase got it, that means these people wouldn't get an Xbox over a PS because it doesn't have GoW.

It's telling that the Xbox was at its most competitive when it actually had games to draw people to its ecosystem.

Not to mention the optics are really bad when every time an exclusive comes out, Xbots are stuck on loop.

Demon's Souls came out, Xbots: "We good, we eating off Game Pass. :mjgrin: "
Returnal: "We good, we eating off Game Pass... :mjgrin: "
GoW: "We... We still got Game Piss, that backlog is crazy breh, I'm telling you. :mjcry: "

Microsoft's strategy just ain't it and they didn't learn jack from killing Rare.
XB360 was the worst thing that happened to them.

They thought it was all about that superior online and network. Really it was about Halo and call of duty being the best GAMES to utilize the network. The fact it was out a year early so they had the first GAMES. and the price point made it easier to buy more GAMES.

But all they saw was the network. Every console since has gotten more away from GAMING and more into a network. Download games nobody wants to play, on a network tho. Play games nobody wants on pc and Xbox network for one price. Put out 18 console versions depending on how much networking you want to do vs gaming

They got away from the games.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:Mannnn…I been listening to some podcasts, and reading some tweets. And the amount of armchair business men, and lawyers I hear/see is crazy. You would think these folks actually work for Microsoft. Like bruhs are losing sleep, raising their blood pressure, and calling for violence over this deal. The biggest plot twist is that majority. Of the people that’s mad. Doesn’t even play games just look at their achievements lol. They just participates in online console wars.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
deal. The biggest plot twist is that majority. Of the people that’s mad. Doesn’t even play games just look at their achievements lol. They just participates in online console wars.

This is the funniest part. What are they really losing as gamers?

They are still getting Call of Duty, World of War Craft, Diablo IV, Crash Bandicoot fall guys, etc.

It doesn’t really mean anything beyond console wars and they are sitting on youtube and twitter telling Microsoft to shut down the UK’s economy over it :smh:

This is the result of Microsoft starving their fanbase for so long. The biggest win Microsoft ever got was when they announced this acquisition and for the past year and a half thats all the xbox fanbase has been obsessed with. Not only did they not get any notable games or announcements lat year they didn’t get their big W that was promised to them.