Microsoft / Activision Deal Leaves Sony Stans in Shambles | M$ Wins Fight Against FTC

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
Midfield was supposed to be Elder Scrolls 2023 :skip:
I guess its wait til next...uh 4 years
Shi I'm playin tf outta starfield :blessed: . Got over 100 hrs on it alr.

Starfield, Fable, Avowed back to back on some 3 peat shyt is NOTHING to scoff @.

M$ might be the new home of RPGs

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Halo

Sea of Thieves

Gears O War

Fable

Perfect Dark (the og this new shyt is fake as far ik)

Hi-Fi Rush (remains to be seen)

Forza
Halo Bungie started development before Xbox bought them.

Sea of Thieves I'll give you this Rare was completely owned by Microsoft for many years before this started development or came out.

Gears of War was developed by Epic who Microsoft doesn't own

Fable This was released before Microsoft purchased Lionhead Studios. It may have been published by Microsoft but it was developed by a non-Xbox Studio at the time

Perfect Dark developed and released by Rare for Nintendo.

Hi-Fi Rush This started development in 2018 before Zenimax was purchased.

Forza I mentioned this but I'll also give you this.

So in like 21 years we have Sea of Thieves and Forza those are the meaningful franchises that they created internally with their own studios in house. Almost all the other successful franchises were developed externally to the company where studios either sold the franchise to the company or were purchased later.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Halo Bungie started development before Xbox bought them.

Sea of Thieves I'll give you this Rare was completely owned by Microsoft for many years before this started development or came out.

Gears of War was developed by Epic who Microsoft doesn't own

Fable This was released before Microsoft purchased Lionhead Studios. It may have been published by Microsoft but it was developed by a non-Xbox Studio at the time

Perfect Dark developed and released by Rare for Nintendo.

Hi-Fi Rush This started development in 2018 before Zenimax was purchased.

Forza I mentioned this but I'll also give you this.

So in like 21 years we have Sea of Thieves and Forza those are the meaningful franchises that they created internally with their own studios in house. Almost all the other successful franchises were developed externally to the company where studios either sold the franchise to the company or were purchased later.
Grounded
State of Decay

This a dumb ass argument they own like 30 studios totally different then the old xbox which had like 5 ips until like 5 years ago.

Anything new pass or fail will be because of xbox.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Grounded
State of Decay

This a dumb ass argument they own like 30 studios totally different then the old xbox which had like 5 ips until like 5 years ago.

Anything new pass or fail will be because of xbox.
It's not a dumb argument. Nintendo and Sony often have in-house studios make very successful new IPs over the course of their entire history. Phil Spencer has been head of Xbox since 2014 so going on almost 10 years. That's damn near half of the Xbox brand's entire existence.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Phil Spencer has been head of Xbox since 2014 so going on almost 10 years. That's damn near half of the Xbox brand's entire existence.
Yes and has completely turned around a failed potentially dead brand in 10 years with over 80 billion in investments. Most revenue xbox has ever seen. Most ceos can't say the same.

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hi-Fi Rush
GoldenEye 007
Minecraft Legends
Redfall
Diablo 4
Crash Team Rumble
Age of Empires 4 Console
Quake 2 Remastered
Starfield
Forza Motorsport
Modern Warfare 3

A rainbow coalition of first party games. The diversity of titles for gamers both young and old.:mjcry:

We used to pray for times like this

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Hi-Fi Rush
GoldenEye 007
Minecraft Legends
Redfall
Diablo 4
Crash Team Rumble
Age of Empires 4 Console
Quake 2 Remastered
Starfield
Forza Motorsport
Modern Warfare 3

A rainbow coalition of first party games. The diversity of titles for gamers both young and old.:mjcry:

We used to pray for times like this
The library is crazy breh.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yes and has completely turned around a failed potentially dead brand in 10 years with over 80 billion in investments. Most revenue xbox has ever seen. Most ceos can't say the same.
I wouldn't call them getting outsold 2-1 a complete turn around when in the Xbox 360 days they were almost neck and neck. I mostly agree with what Phil Spencer has done aside from letting Xbox Studios run wild. It's pretty clear Matt Booty isn't being an effective leader of Xbox Studios and they have more capable people in that company now. It's time to call up someone like Todd Howard from Bethesda and put him in charge of Xbox Studios.

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
It's time to call up someone like Todd Howard from Bethesda and put him in charge of Xbox Studios.
250%%%%%%%%% Yes Yes Yes, Phil Spencer is an elite tank commander and he deserves his flowers but he's a sam hinkie at best .

Todd Howard and Satya working closely is more than enough to get some really amazing work out and would have me personally a bit more sure about the concrete quality of announced games.

Phil Spencer is cool to start the process but come on shoot 4 the moon.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I wouldn't call them getting outsold 2-1 a complete turn around when in the Xbox 360 days
These aren't the xbox 360 days, you keep focusing on consoles when consoles isn't their only business anymore. This isn't 2012, they aren't the " Xbox 360" Microsoft this isn't some " console war " situation anymore they're a platform, xbox isnt only a "console". They don't care where gamers play, rather that's thru a stream, steam, a phone TV, rog ally steam deck, xbox etc. You focused on the wrong things, they have a ceiling with consoles, its borderline impossible to repeat the "360" when their games are played on multiple devices now. They pivoted a decade ago when the xbox one failed to deliver the old stale model. You still behind catch up. Consoles are only a piece of the overall pie for them. They will be bringing 8 billion a year in revenue from abk alone.

As far as Matt booty grounded sea of thieves minecraft and forza horizon are some of the most successful franchises in gaming. No clue what you're talking about. Halo Infinite doesn't make someone bad, that's one franchise that has had its own issues.

Last edited: