Microsoft / Activision Deal Leaves Sony Stans in Shambles | M$ Wins Fight Against FTC

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Halo Bungie started development before Xbox bought them.

Sea of Thieves I'll give you this Rare was completely owned by Microsoft for many years before this started development or came out.

Gears of War was developed by Epic who Microsoft doesn't own

Fable This was released before Microsoft purchased Lionhead Studios. It may have been published by Microsoft but it was developed by a non-Xbox Studio at the time

Perfect Dark developed and released by Rare for Nintendo.

Hi-Fi Rush This started development in 2018 before Zenimax was purchased.

Forza I mentioned this but I'll also give you this.

So in like 21 years we have Sea of Thieves and Forza those are the meaningful franchises that they created internally with their own studios in house. Almost all the other successful franchises were developed externally to the company where studios either sold the franchise to the company or were purchased later.
By this logic Sony doesn’t get credit for some of their largest IP either.

Using your limited criteria Sony only has about 4-5 games they get credit for.

Microsoft has 3-4 with less time in the industry. Once we start adding stuff like Flight simulator and Age of empires they have even more :wow:

Seems they aren’t doing too bad :ehh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
By this logic Sony doesn’t get credit for some of their largest IP either.

Using your limited criteria Sony only has about 4-5 games they get credit for.

Microsoft has 3-4 with less time in the industry. Once we start adding stuff like Flight simulator and Age of empires they have even more :wow:

Seems they aren’t doing too bad :ehh:
All of these series were developed by companies Sony fully owned at the time. A good chunk of them are some of the most successful franchises in modern gaming not from Nintendo.
God of War
Uncharted
The Last of Us
Horizon Zero Dawn
Ghost of Tsushima
Gran Turismo

Microsoft is not internally creating franchises of that caliber. They constantly go through the Microsoft cycle in where they buy companies who are already knee deep into a project often times for other platforms then make that game an exclusive and release it. Then from there the talent bleeds out as key people leave the company.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
All of these series were developed by companies Sony fully owned at the time. A good chunk of them are some of the most successful franchises in modern gaming not from Nintendo.
God of War
Uncharted
The Last of Us
Horizon Zero Dawn
Ghost of Tsushima
Gran Turismo

Microsoft is not internally creating franchises of that caliber. They constantly go through the Microsoft cycle in where they buy companies who are already knee deep into a project often times for other platforms then make that game an exclusive and release it. Then from there the talent bleeds out as key people leave the company.
6 games.

Flight simulator
Forza
Forza Horizon
State of Decay
Age of empires
Sea of Thieves

6 Games :ehh:

Now you will come back and tell me you aren’t jealous of these games so they don’t count :wow:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
6 games.

Flight simulator
Forza
Forza Horizon
State of Decay
Age of empires
Sea of Thieves

6 Games :ehh:

Now you will come back and tell me you aren’t jealous of these games so they don’t count :wow:

Again @winb83 look at what he just named above compared to what you listed.

Stop wasting your time with these psychos

😂😂😂😂

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Halo Bungie started development before Xbox bought them.

Sea of Thieves I'll give you this Rare was completely owned by Microsoft for many years before this started development or came out.

Gears of War was developed by Epic who Microsoft doesn't own

Fable This was released before Microsoft purchased Lionhead Studios. It may have been published by Microsoft but it was developed by a non-Xbox Studio at the time

Perfect Dark developed and released by Rare for Nintendo.

Hi-Fi Rush This started development in 2018 before Zenimax was purchased.

Forza I mentioned this but I'll also give you this.

So in like 21 years we have Sea of Thieves and Forza those are the meaningful franchises that they created internally with their own studios in house. Almost all the other successful franchises were developed externally to the company where studios either sold the franchise to the company or were purchased later.
I mean how hard is it to hold on to 3rd party companies that you have been working with since you got in the industry?

On top having a big dumb market share lead.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Halo

Sea of Thieves

Gears O War

Fable

Perfect Dark (the og this new shyt is fake as far ik)

Hi-Fi Rush (remains to be seen)

Forza

They got more than this. They just let them die. Xbox the woat run company right now.

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew

Bu bu bu bu bu what they got:sadcam:

:umad::umad::umad::umad:

they already did that with the original xbox back in 2002-2004, look how they treated the japanese devs then... :ufdup:

I was a huge fan of the original xbox after the dreamcast had been discontinued, The Xbox in my eyes was the "Dreamcast 2" and I stuck with it until microshaft started moving away from the fun & weird japanese games, instead moving towards generic shooters & sports games in order to capture the "casual" market which consists of ordinary low IQ having ass people who look at shiny graphics and say "ooh pretty" and spend 90% of their time playing madden or live. :martin:
Now they trying to go back to that niche market after basically ignoring it for the last 20 something years. :ohlawd: Phil must be desperate.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I mean how hard is it to hold on to 3rd party companies that you have been working with since you got in the industry?

On top having a big dumb market share lead.
When you keep buying companies and the talent bleeds out as people leave to do their own thing it impacts things. Even with stuff like Halo and Gears fans are gonna tell you the best years were the Bungie and Epic years for those franchises and 343 / The Coalition have been fumbling around trying to recapture that feeling.

Key people from Naughty Dog been left and been replaced. The founders are gone. Hermen Hulst formally of Guerilla Games is now running PlayStation Studios and Guerilla is doing fine. Part of the reason for Sony and Nintendo's success is they have a pipeline of devs and as companies have proven their chops at developing and nurturing franchises from the ground up. That's something Xbox has always had trouble doing. A lot of Sony's most popular franchises and almost all of Nintendo's were developed internally to the company.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
they already did that with the original xbox back in 2002-2004, look how they treated the japanese devs then... :ufdup:

I was a huge fan of the original xbox after the dreamcast had been discontinued, The Xbox in my eyes was the "Dreamcast 2" and I stuck with it until microshaft started moving away from the fun & weird japanese games, instead moving towards generic shooters & sports games in order to capture the "casual" market which consists of ordinary low IQ having ass people who look at shiny graphics and say "ooh pretty" and spend 90% of their time playing madden or live. :martin:
Now they trying to go back to that niche market after basically ignoring it for the last 20 something years. :ohlawd: Phil must be desperate.

Or

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew

means nothing to me, I am a SEGA fan, always have been, always will be.

but if you wanna play that game...

:russ: