Microsoft / Activision Deal Leaves Sony Stans in Shambles | M$ Wins Fight Against FTC

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

We've been led to believe it was Sony doing this, but it turns out that it was MS.

From the Activision documents:

Sony typically does not require subscription exclusivity for games included on PS Plus. Microsoft often requires day one Game Pass titles to not be made available on competing subscription services.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps

We've been led to believe it was Sony doing this, but it turns out that it was MS.

Blocked on a subscription vs blocked on an entire platform though. Some of y'all treat Xbox and Gamepass as synonymous when you don't need Gamepass to play the games that are on Gamepass. So sure, Microsoft is keeping games exclusive to their subscription service, but that doesn't preclude them from appearing on a competing machine.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:sas2:Bobby Ain’t singing the same tune ms and there fanboys have been saying for months

Yep, seems like Kotick is more aligned with Sony on most of these talking points :mjpls:

Which makes sense since thats where they’ve made the majority of their money of the last decade

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Blocked on a subscription vs blocked on an entire platform though. Some of y'all treat Xbox and Gamepass as synonymous when you don't need Gamepass to play the games that are on Gamepass. So sure, Microsoft is keeping games exclusive to their subscription service, but that doesn't preclude them from appearing on a competing machine.
MS does both. And because of this trial, we're learning that most of their PR claims are false.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

This was known and said, I'll see if I can find the audio.
They block games being on other subs aka playstation + if they are going to be on gamepass (depending on the deal), they can still release on the system normally.