Microsoft / Activision Deal Leaves Sony Stans in Shambles | M$ Wins Fight Against FTC

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
LeOrder James taking his talents to xbox now that he sees a victory in the distance :russ:

Man I might get both systems...:dead: If xbox didnt buy zenimax I would be getting a ps5 first...:manny:

EDIT: also im mad at the SEC for them trying to handicap crypto as is i want them to stop with this regulation and lawsuits bullshyt...

blackestofpanthers

God forgives, you are forgiven.
Daps
Reppin
Bay area
Man I might get both systems...:dead: If xbox didnt buy zenimax I would be getting a ps5 first...:manny:

EDIT: also im mad at the SEC for them trying to handicap crypto as is i want them to stop with this regulation and lawsuits bullshyt...
I pulled out of crypto last year, but 2021 was :wow:
I mean unless you just don't have the free time, there's no point in not owning all 3 systems. I have a switch and ps5. I was waiting for redfall hoping it would be a l4d successor, but yea. Either way though, more competition is better for us. Also, if sony is so great, none of this should matter nor be of concern to anyone. :yeshrug:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I pulled out of crypto last year, but 2021 was :wow:
I mean unless you just don't have the free time, there's no point in not owning all 3 systems. I have a switch and ps5. I was waiting for redfall hoping it would be a l4d successor, but yea. Either way though, more competition is better for us. Also, if sony is so great, none of this should matter nor be of concern to anyone. :yeshrug:

I dont think Sony is sweating it THAT much but MS buying all the 3rd party marketshare is a problem... because xbox already has alot of their own in house game studios... they dont NEED to buy activision they just doing this for building gamepass and wanting to cripple playstations power in the gaming market that's it basically :ld:

Also crypto looking good especially next year you can see it shaping up for a major bullrun... swear im gonna cash out hard and retire from everything or start my own business... :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
IMG_0052.png

:wow:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
What I'd really like to know is if Microsoft was even looking for deals like Sony was, because I don't believe marketshare alone prevented Microsoft from signing deals.

I personally feel like Microsoft just stopped caring about the gaming industry at some point before Phil took over. They admitted that they considered exiting the console space last generation. Like why didn't Microsoft renew the COD deal with activision before Sony signed one? At the time the market share was basically even, and cod was selling more on xbox.

they signed plenty of 3rd party exclusive deals with the 360
they've had years to beef up their own studios to put out content and dropped the ball
we all saw the boneheadedness of the XB1 debut (another leadership example of dropping the ball)
they ALREADY bought a 3rd party publisher and stopped them from putting out content for the competition when the games were already in development to be multiplat

Thing is to allow them to buy 2 of the top 5 Third Party game publishers in a couple of years and stopping them from putting out games for the competition is blatant what they're doing.

Xbox leadership had the ability to have Bungie make shyt other than Halo, but they kept forcing them to. That's why they broke off again for good
They had the ability to do EXACTLY what Sony did with Spiderman. Buy the rights/agreement and allow Insomniac to do that game for them just as Sony did since Insomniac was still an independent studio at the time.

They also cancelled the platinum game Scalebound which would have given them another AAA IP last gen other than the trifecta of Gears/Halo/Forza and said no.

If this shyt doesn't go through, it's their own fault for their own incompetence over the years.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
they signed plenty of 3rd party exclusive deals with the 360
they've had years to beef up their own studios to put out content and dropped the ball
we all saw the boneheadedness of the XB1 debut (another leadership example of dropping the ball)
they ALREADY bought a 3rd party publisher and stopped them from putting out content for the competition when the games were already in development to be multiplat

Thing is to allow them to buy 2 of the top 5 Third Party game publishers in a couple of years and stopping them from putting out games for the competition is blatant what they're doing.

Xbox leadership had the ability to have Bungie make shyt other than Halo, but they kept forcing them to. That's why they broke off again for good
They had the ability to do EXACTLY what Sony did with Spiderman. Buy the rights/agreement and allow Insomniac to do that game for them just as Sony did since Insomniac was still an independent studio at the time.

They also cancelled the platinum game Scalebound which would have given them another AAA IP last gen other than the trifecta of Gears/Halo/Forza and said no.

If this shyt doesn't go through, it's their own fault for their own incompetence over the years.
Look at Rekka style trying to spin this :laff:

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought the FTC was supposed to be representing the US consumer. Sounded like they were representing Sony today. Lawyer tried to get Phil to commit to putting COD on "Sony's cloud":what:nikka tried to get COD on Playstation Plus in perpetuity for free. Let Sony's legal team do their own job my guy.

That Google Stadia rep kicked their back in too by confirming the obvious that cloud wasn't a separate market and competed with PC and consoles. FTC really just wasting money at this point. Phil just risked a felony charge to show how serious he is about keeping COD on Playstation. Hopefully the judge tell these nikkas to kick rocks and the CMA is listening to how dumb the FTC sounds and passes it as well.

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I thought the FTC was supposed to be representing the US consumer. Sounded like they were representing Sony today. Lawyer tried to get Phil to commit to putting COD on "Sony's cloud":what:nikka tried to get COD on Playstation Plus in perpetuity for free. Let Sony's legal team do their own job my guy.

That Google Stadia rep kicked they're back in too by confirming the obvious that cloud wasn't a separate market and competed with PC and consoles. FTC really just wasting money at this point. Phil just risked a felony charge to show how serious he is about keeping COD on Playstation. Hopefully the judge tell these nikkas to kick rocks and the CMA is listening to how dumb the FTC sounds and passes it as well.
it was really awkward when he asked about COD on Sony's cloud service, because the question came out of nowhere. there was some silence, then some clamoring, and then the judge shut it down

earlier the FTC lawyer was asking Phil about an email where he said he something about being "ok with F76 being on PS-Now". then he asked Phil "that's a Forza game, right?" kinda funny, and it had people joking about "Forza76". but how can you have any real understanding of this situation, and think MS puts their Forza games on Sony's cloud service?