Microsoft about to ruin next gen for everyone

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Xbox rumor roundup: 'Xbox Series S,' new headset, spring events, and more

So looks like their cheap Series S Lockhart is about to be unveiled which will be 4TF with limited Ray tracing. Which means all next gen third party games will be developed with this dumb console in mind.

Bear in mind as well that this console is actually less powerful than the current Xbox One X which has 6TF :why:

Im just glad Sony now has a powerful first party studios who will be focusing solely on the PS5 to develop truly next gen games not restricted by some gimp console.

Last edited:

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
RDNA2 TFLOPS aren't the same as GCN TFLOPS

People really aren't getting how advanced the new architecture is compared to jaguar in the ps4/xbox one but to be fair both companies have done a shyt job at explaining it

Lockhart is around almost 7GCN tflops compared to the Xbox One X's 6

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
“I don’t care but I’m still going to click on the thread, read it and post in it to show how much I don’t care” :mjlol:

I didnt read anything, I just came to post...
tenor.gif

:mjgrin:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
To ease your concerns, the "4TF" is not the same "Teraflops" as this gen so even though it'll on paper seem like a lower number than the X1X, it will be more than capable of next gen games albeit at a lower resolution. The games will just scale down to 1080P most likely for that and the CPU should be similar to the XsX/PS5. I don't think it'll really affect much shyt.