Mickey Rourke criticizes 'irrelevant' Tom Cruise for playing the 'same F*CKING part for 35 years'

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
He is tho

Tom Cruise has his go to range like many actors but he still has roles like Collateral that are far from the typical Tom Cruise shyt

21__260_.0.jpg

Tom-Cruise-in-Magnolia-1999.jpg

mv5bztu0yjy2mtgtmduwys00ndc4ltlmmwmtnzu5ndy0y2jizgy3xkeyxkfqcgdeqxvymzq3nzk5mtu-_v1_sx675_cr00675999_al_.jpg

Guy been acting damn near 40 years and all yall can mention is 4 roles.
Point proven :hubie:

Tom Cruise plays tom cruise as _______ in every movie thats what he does.
Same as the Rock and Arnold Schwarzenegger, yeah you got a few roles where they trying something but for the most part you can "plug and play" their characters
:hubie:

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
My kids call him "action man", even when talking about his character in the movie. :pachaha:

I'm not mad, though. It's like saying Ray Allen was irrelevant because all he could do was shoot threes.

Batter Up

Superstar
Daps
In other words, he's bitter he traded his prime years to become a human punching bag, while Tom (with the power of Xenu) became a global superstar.

Must be tough to take an honest look in the mirror when you can't even recognize your own face anymore :troll:

top-gun-tom-cruise.gif

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Guy been acting damn near 40 years and all yall can mention is 4 roles.
Point proven :hubie:

Tom Cruise plays tom cruise as _______ in every movie thats what he does.
Same as the Rock and Arnold Schwarzenegger, yeah you got a few roles where they trying something but for the most part you can "plug and play" their characters
:hubie:
So does Denzel :manny: there are more roles but nikkas ain't about to just rattle off every Tom Cruise movie to appease nikkas :mjlol:

There are plenty of actors that are good enough at their 1-3 role templates that they don't need much else

Every actor ain't on some extreme Daniel Day Lewis shyt, and they don't need to be

Last edited:

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
We got Tom Cruise stans on the coli :dahell:

I really wanna know the cac acceptance screening going on around this muthafukka cuz while I have nothing strongly against him, I always looked at him as the weirdo scientology cac that does those corny mission impossible movies. Again, I have nothing against the man, but some of y'all going to bat for him like he Keanu Reeves or something. Which brings me to my final take.

Keanu Reeves >> Tom Cruise :sas2:

EDIT: this man above me just said Denzel plays the same role every movie... Y'all think coli be trippin when they toss around that c00n word but this is a prime example. To shyt on our legend to big up Tom fukkin Cruise is unbelievable. Especially when it can't be further from the truth. You can look at Denzel's roles in even just the past 10 years and see that.

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
who cares when its working?

Tom Cruise is still a top 5 banking actor in the game. Like I've said before I can't tell the last time I've ever seen a boring tom cruise movie. Yeah he might not win a golden globe or oscar but who cares.

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana

I really wanna know the cac acceptance screening going on around this muthafukka cuz while I have nothing strongly against him, I always looked at him as the weirdo scientology cac that does those corny mission impossible movies. Again, I have nothing against the man, but some of y'all going to bat for him like he Keanu Reeves or something. Which brings me to my final take.

EDIT: this man above me just said Denzel plays the same role every movie... Y'all think coli be trippin when they toss around that c00n word but this is a prime example. To shyt on our legend to big up Tom fukkin Cruise is unbelievable. Especially when it can't be further from the truth. You can look at Denzel's roles in even just the past 10 years and see that.
You think Keanu is more versatile than Tom Cruise?

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple

:mjlol:

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
You think Keanu is more versatile than Tom Cruise?
Didn't say that :whoa: I just prefer my nikka Neo. I guess for me it comes down to who I would kick it wit. Keanu seem way more thorough, Tom Cruise seem like a typical prissy white boy cac. Now I sound like a hater lmaooo

I do, however, think Keanu is better at his schtick then Cruise is, yes. Swap out Tom for Keanu in the MI series, what changes? Now swap Keanu with Tom in Matrix/John Wick and everybody throws up :scust:

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Mickey rourke is one of the all time underrated actors imo. One of the closest to brando class. He brings a certain realism to his roles.

Loved him in bullet (one of my all tome fav flicks with a classic cast)
Get carter (underrated as fukk stallone flick)
The wrestler (one of best performances of the era)
And of course all his original stuff in the 80s

I like tom but i consider tom a star not a truly great actor. Arnold was my fav and he in same class imo so no hate at all but i get what mickeys talking about.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Your acting like it was somebody black who was criticizing Tom and we all took Tom’s side.

Its Mickey fukking Rourke. An actor who hasn’t attained a TENTH of the success that Tom Cruise has talking shyt. People are just pointing out that Cruise HAS indeed gone against type several times in his career and that Rourke is coming off like a bitter has-been hater.