Michael Jackson "Dangerous" is every bit as good as 'Thriller', 'Off the Wall', & 'Bad'

gonnagetit

Banned
Daps
Agree, criminally underrated just like Invincible. This album showed MJ can just come in and takeover any era of music.

All the new jack swing nikkas was like "finally, some shyt we don't have to worry about MJ being top on",

Just for MJ to put out classics like Remember the time, Jam and Dangerous.

:wow:

Facts

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
What I find fascinating about the DANGEROUS project is that Michael and Bill Bottrell first recorded a number of tracks that had MJ heading in a new and more funky progressive direction. Then it seems MJ got cold feet about it all and ran back to rehash the sound he was more comfortable with. I was chatting with a dude who reissued the albums in the late '90s, he said they dug up nearly an album's worth of unreleased tracks from the DANGEROUS sessions that still have never seen the light of day.

I think it was the opposite. Michael was also working with Bryan Loren around that time, and Bryan wanted to bring back that Off the Wall sound for Michael because that's the album he liked the most. Once Michael started working with Teddy Riley, he didn't want those Bryan Loren songs anymore. He wanted to go in a more modern direction.

Bryan spoke on this on a podcast. He said there were a lot of politics when it came to Dangerous and he thought "Serious Effect" was going to be on the album with no issues. Michael was trying to get all the hot producers to come work with him. Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis said no because they were loyal to Janet. He got L.A. Reid and Babyface, but none of their songs made the album.

King Poetic

I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
Mike hands down the Greatest Of All Time

Dude was untouchable

Sad he had to deal with daddy asking him for money every month, dirty ass executives who didn’t give a fukk if he was sick or not, just perform so we can get paid off of you and the YES people in his circle who cared more about a check than mike mental and health

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
I love this album, it's an absolute classic and yes I agree that all of Mike's first four albums were classics that represented different eras and sounds and we gotta be careful comparing them

Having said that, quality wise, song for song, the first three are a step above, just like I think Thriller is a step above compared to the other two

Dangerous had songs I wasn't the biggest fan off

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Crazy thing is, you could argue that each one of those albums are a different genre.
Dangerous felt heavily 90s rock influenced
Thriller was very R&B
Off the wall was low key disco
Bad was straight up Pop

and if you go back further alot of his jackson 5 shyt was very funk and soul. This dude managed to released classics in 6 different genres of music,

Rhyme n Tekniq

Superstar
Daps
The closest thing to a living breathing deity most of us will ever see (If you were there) and some of you are critiquing him like he's some run of the mill soundcloud rapper, please shut yo bad taste in everything having azz UPP!!!

nobody trying to hear your offkey hot takes about the GOAT of GOATS, bish azz neegas

Daps
Reppin
South London
Tbh, it’s the album, bar Thriller, I go to whenever I wanna listen to MJ.

My uncle had this on CD and whenever we as a family went over, I always opened the CD case and looked at the art and read the liner notes.
The 1st MJ album where I experienced his “draw” - he was everywhere. Even as a kid, it felt different. I wasn’t born to experience OTW, Thriller and was too young for Bad. Glad I got to see it before they started their fukkery against him.

Personally, Who Is It has best bridge on a song I’ve heard. The emotion he puts in it? Come on.
Dangerous is a personal banger - the underlying sounds heard on good speakers, God damn.
Remember The Time, Keep The Faith, Jam, Why You Wanna Trip On Me, Will You Be There… God bless that man. May he rest in perfect peace.

:mj: