Michael Jackson "Dangerous" is every bit as good as 'Thriller', 'Off the Wall', & 'Bad'

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Listening to the production on this and you can tell that MJ contributed behind the boards because nothing Teddy made before or since hits like this but it definitely had MJs cinematic polish over the NJS sound. Most people don't know this as they class him mainly as a singer but he actually is a visionary who kept a hand in every aspect of the process from end to end.

His ear for beats and how to construct a song is really underrated because even Thrillers hits were pretty much done and dusted at Hayvenhurst and then polished up for retail by Q. History attests to what I said because he made a lot of the beats on there and if you listen to Dangerous and that you can spot what I'm hearing as he built his tracks from a beatbox upto strings and dressed the tune up like it was wearing an outfit to make a statement.

:mj:The spirit of music in human form.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Hell no. This sounds like some revisionist history. Black or White was a huge mainstream hit as was Remember the Time video BUT as an album on whole it doesn’t hold up to its predecessors. Not to mention the album cover objectively could be considered one of the worst of all-time :patrice:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Hell no. This sounds like some revisionist history. Black or White was a huge mainstream hit as was Remember the Time video BUT as an album on whole it doesn’t hold up to its predecessors. Not to mention the album cover objectively could be considered one of the worst of all-time :patrice:
That's literally my favorite album cover art of all time. Lol.

This is a new jack swing that doesn't sound dated

You'll come around, or not. By the way, black or white is the just the pop song to get the buzz going. Prob the least listened to song on the album

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Just the album cover alone was saturated with symbolism and had the jits sitting there with "WTF is Mike on?" looks on their dish as they tried to decode the art that was so cryptic. The broader my knowledge gets the more I pick up from this:

00.+Michael+Jackson+-+Dangerous+-+Front.jpg

Ask yourself why is the world upside down? What do the two columns rep? Why those symbols to be specific? What message did he send and to whom with what intent? This was the precursor to what would follow (especially in History) where MJ laid his game down flat for those who could actually peep what he said because he was talking the real about what goes on behind the scenes and why this is all how it is.

Remember, this is the same cat who spoke on 2020 planetary alignments and shifts in global consciousness back in 88 but most people just bobbed their head to the beat and didn't feel the game he was lacing in the lyrics. Same ones that were scared to within an inch of death via some fantastical virus just because the media said. Well, those actions directed the next spin as you fed low frequency fears into this machine like process called reality and that will be reaped by your children as we enter the next level where flesh meets tech and gets implanted in. Look at the treadmill in the center filled with guns, atomic symbols and rockets if you think I'm BSing.

MJ was speaking on the Game of Souls, check his poems and you'll see it but he spoke in codes due to the gatekeepers which made billions off his presence hence leeches describes them best as they bled him to death and profited then as well...

Daps
Listening to the production on this and you can tell that MJ contributed behind the boards because nothing Teddy made before or since hits like this
See, I don't know about that.

Remember The Time is a cool collab and the most successful of the Riley/Jackson pairing, but Rump Shaker from Wreckx-N-Effect and Spend The Night from Guy are just some examples of harder Riley produced New Jack Swing.

^ The vamp on the outro right here is too cold man. It's like MJ heard that portion and made 'She Drives Me Wild' but it doesn't hit the same for me.

Last edited:

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
See, I don't know about that.

Remember The Time is a cool collab and the most successful of the Riley/Jackson pairing, but Rump Shaker from Wreckx-N-Effect and Spend The Night from Guy are just some examples of harder Riley produced New Jack Swing.

^ The vamp on the outro right here is too cold man. It's like MJ heard that portion and made 'She Drives Me Wild' but it doesn't hit the same for me.

TR is a dope producer and I was up on his jams since way before the MJ collaboration as he had his own flex but Dangerous obviously refined his beats and gave them a lot more depth. Cinematic is the word because thats what MJ did with his strings and things he sings about then brings em out. Amazing contrast between them and the hard hitting percussion.

The influence obviously left an impression because you can hear the vibe in this:

As his production was a lot more layered and multifaceted after Dangerous. Its like a lot of his production was dumbed down earlier in order to increase the danceability and groove because he knew his audience but after that collab he expanded his range to my hearing at least. Thats the difference between say Dre and Quik because the latter is too complex and avant garde for the average listener whereas the former knows how to keep it simple for the dumb that are hypnotized by the drum and just want to bob their head to the beat instead of being wowed by all the detail therein.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
The full thing finally surfaced I've just heard snippets and fan reconstructions

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Still can't believe Michael made a song like "In the Closet." By his standards, it's raunchy as hell. :damn:

Dangerous feels like the album Michael had wanted to make for years, but couldn't, because if something was too ambitious, Quincy would look at it and shave it down to make it more digestible. Bad definitely could have been a double album at least, because the songs that were left off ("Streetwalker," "I'm So Blue," "Abortion Papers," "Free," "Price of Fame," "Come Together" ) sound great. Dangerous is the first time that Michael is in full control of the ship, and you get everything that comes with that. His later albums come off as bloated sometimes, but it always felt like Michael was trying to push his music forward.

I've only heard a few unreleased tracks, but I wish they found a place for "Serious Effect." That's exactly the kind of song you would want on the album, but I get that Michael was over the Bryan Loren tracks after a while. "Slave to the Rhythm" was great, but the remix they did for Xscape sounds closer to the kind of thing Michael was looking for.