Michael Jackson "Dangerous" is every bit as good as 'Thriller', 'Off the Wall', & 'Bad'

ApolloStark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In November 1991, days before the debut of the music video "Black or White," David Browne of Entertainment Weekly commented on the high expectations of Dangerous, due to the extended time spent on developing the album and Jackson's lucrative $65 million contract with Sony Music. The writer stated, "[T]here is more riding on the success of Dangerous than on any other album in pop history."[29] Jackson personally hoped that the album would sell 100 million copies, a number that would twice surpass the sales of Thriller.[9] Five days before the album's release, three men armed with guns robbed 30,000 copies from a Los Angeles warehouse.

:ohhh:

nikkas weren't playing

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
In November 1991, days before the debut of the music video "Black or White," David Browne of Entertainment Weekly commented on the high expectations of Dangerous, due to the extended time spent on developing the album and Jackson's lucrative $65 million contract with Sony Music. The writer stated, "[T]here is more riding on the success of Dangerous than on any other album in pop history."[29] Jackson personally hoped that the album would sell 100 million copies, a number that would twice surpass the sales of Thriller.[9] Five days before the album's release, three men armed with guns robbed 30,000 copies from a Los Angeles warehouse.

:ohhh:

nikkas weren't playing
If they only knew, waiting just over 10 years later they could use napster and pirate shyt from the safety of their own home.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Okay just did finished listening to Dangerous because of this thread lol.
I got to agree with the OP.
Forgot how nasty Jam was as an intro:whoo:

Mike don't get enough credit for his lyrics at all. That nikka be really talking some shyt and I felt this was the first album where he started to speak on his frustrations.
Didn't have the urge to skip any track even on Black or White which was a track I didn't care for as a kid but it hit different on the playthrough

Last edited:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm gonna be the only guy saying this, but I feel that "Bad" was a bad album.
I won't say it's a bad album but it is my least favorite. Leave Me Alone is my favorite track by a very wide margin. I still skip around a lot on that album.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN

This was the common consensus when it was released by critics and the industry. They hated it.

But Another part of me, The way you make me feel, IJCSLY, Man in the Mirror? these songs have definitely held up through the decades

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
What I find fascinating about the DANGEROUS project is that Michael and Bill Bottrell first recorded a number of tracks that had MJ heading in a new and more funky progressive direction. Then it seems MJ got cold feet about it all and ran back to rehash the sound he was more comfortable with. I was chatting with a dude who reissued the albums in the late '90s, he said they dug up nearly an album's worth of unreleased tracks from the DANGEROUS sessions that still have never seen the light of day.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York

To me, there's only one bad song on the album ("Just Good Friends"). It should have been replaced by "Come Together" or "Streetwalker" since MJ really wanted that song on the album.

Also, "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" was fine. Everything else is fire, nothing less than a 4/5.