Michael J White: Being in Ghana opened my eyes to who I was! Our roots are NOT in America, it’s perfectly natural and liberating to EMBRACE that!

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
You need to learn to think for yourself. Your ancestors were someone’s daughter. Someone’s son. Someone’s uncles and aunts. Someone’s father and mother. Did you think those people slept well when so and so didn’t come back to the house? Do you think every African that wasn’t enslaved had the authority to enslave others? It’s like blaming a random German for the holocaust.

These dumb nikkas really let these twitter cacs brainwash them with that bullshyt

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
this is a lie.

where is this push for Brazilians who were enslaved, beaten and oppresssed in Brazil? who are extremely proud of their country?

why not for them?
Black Americans have played pivotal role in the shaping of America. why the fukk should I give white people more power and dismiss what my ancestors fought for and achieved? Why am I supposed to hate America? Why can I not be proud to be American and black? it’s our country as much as it’s theirs. The mentality to hate America because it’s majority white is weak-minded. It’s our country. It’s our birthright. Our blood was spilled in the nation, we fought for our freedom and humanity. No. Iit’s my country and I love this country and ain’t no white man scaring me into hating my birthright.

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
Black Americans have played pivotal role in the shaping of America. why the fukk should I give white people more power and dismiss what my ancestors fought for and achieved? Why am I supposed to hate America? Why can I not be proud to be American and black? it’s our country as much as it’s theirs. The mentality to hate America because it’s majority white is weak-minded. It’s our country. It’s our birthright. Our blood was spilled in the nation, we fought for our freedom and humanity. No. Iit’s my country and I love this country and ain’t no white man scaring me into hating my birthright.

I find it strange how Blacks Americans being proud of being American and BA heritage is problematic but blacks in other countries in North/South America being proud of the same thing get a pass.

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
slaves were willingly given to European settlers by other Africans in exchange for certain goods
Slavery was economic system long before modern day racism came into play. Also, its likely those who sold slaves where also enslaved themselves as a number of slaves came Royalty.

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps
I get wanting to claim one of the greatest most influential most successful ethnic groups in the world as Africans, because without us… what has Africa to be proud of in recent history, but we are not Africans.

I’m very proud of my heritage. And I’m very proud to not be african, to not be forced into embracing tribalism and division.

There’s an effort to get us to embrace this nonsense that no other members of the TAST are being forced into.

Proud to be a descendant of some Africans. and proud not to be one

"Thank God massa took me out the jungle!!!"

"What has Africa to be proud of in recent history?" Yall think this c00n holds the same low view of Europeans? Probably not. Why is this straight up, st0rmfr0nt level shyt tolerated here? This weirdo is saying that African Americans are mixed race and intellectually superior to Africans. I know this bullshyt ass hashtag has stopped being about reperations and has been a c00n royal rumble hate movement of schizophrenic bigots for a while now, but this is 19th century disgusting, racist commentary that shouldn't be tolerated in any way.

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps

Good lord you niccas is pitiful.

78ad6780-4a14-4b4a-8795-7474db72845a_text.gif

Daps
smart nikka babble. america wouldn’t exist were it not for the roots our ancestors lay down.

:unimpressed:
Yeah I'm torn too.

I embrace Africa as the motherland and our ancestral home but acting like America isn't our home is disrespectful to all the Black folks that sacrificed for us on this side of the ocean.

This country is more "ours" than anyone else's.

HimmyHendrix

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The End
"Thank God massa took me out the jungle!!!"

"What has Africa to be proud of in recent history?" Yall think this c00n holds the same low view of Europeans? Probably not. Why is this straight up, st0rmfr0nt level shyt tolerated here? This weirdo is saying that African Americans are mixed race and intellectually superior to Africans. I know this bullshyt ass hashtag has stopped being about reperations and has been a c00n royal rumble hate movement of schizophrenic bigots for a while now, but this is 19th century disgusting, racist commentary that shouldn't be tolerated in any way.
I think as low of Europeans as I do of Africans, if not lower. Both are two groups of savages in my eyes, historically anyway. I like not identifying with either as they both have very violent historied littered with human rights violations. The story of the Black American is one of revolution and the fight for human rights.

Black Americans are by definition mixed race. There are few if any, 100% African Black Americans so I don't know why that makes you mad.

What has Africa done that I should be proud of?

Africans and Europeans to me are two sides of the same coin and both had and continue to have a role in the oppression of my people. If that makes you angry. I'm sorry.

HimmyHendrix

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The End
I'm glad the hashtag c00ns are getting closer to just admitting they wish they was white and see themselves as culturally and genetically closer to white people than Africans.
Why wouldn't be closer culturally to White Americans? We've only been in the same country for centuries. I'm sorry I'm closer culturally to some White Southerners than I am to some brother in Kenya :russ:

Yall only do this with Black Americans by the way.

No one would bat an eye if a Black Dominican, Jamaican, Belizean, Brazilian, Puerto Rican, Costo Rican, etc, shared more in common with their countryman regardless of race than they do with someone deep in Africa

Yes, me and Chad in Apartment 3C both have an affinity for Football Sunday, Soul Food, and Boxing.

I'm sorry that I share more in common with him than Gasimba the Hutu brotha from Rwanda.

But that is true for everyone. We all share more in common with our countryman than other people. It only offends yall when it comes to us though.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Here's my take.

Africans in Africa victimized my African ancestors. Sent them to America via the slave trade.

Some of my ancestors are European and Native American. More generations back than I have records to show, but all my grands came thru slavery and three of them are light skinned.

As such, my background is more diverse than just one race or continent.

No hate for pure Africans or descendants of slaves that identify with Africa, just for me I kinda start with American slavery as far as culture.

Old Negro Spirituals, Black Church, the language, the food. And if course since I am a rapper and lifelong student of Hip Hop: soul music. Blues, Jazz, Funk, R and B. Even a little Rock.

I don't see myself as "pure" anything except a pure Black American. And if you came thru slavery that likely means influences besides African.

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
Is there a set of videos where working class black people go to Ghana and have the same outcomes?

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps
The hashtag niccas are finally coming out in they full form. They are now officially a mixed race ethnic class that feels closer to "Chad" who likes NFL football and Soul Food than other black people of other ethnic backgrounds with whom he shares far deeper ancestral and cultural ties with. I bet in the same scenario hed be disgusted by a African breh in his building who also likes football and soul food, but he feels an affinity to white people. It aint even worth arguing no more. shyt is just sad. These c00ns just wanna be white and they wanna be accepted by whites BAD.