Michael Eric Dyson argues with Rep. Mace for mispronouncing Kamala's name, implied that it was racist

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do these white folk do that deliberately to other white people? Especially when corrected and told how to say the name? It's one thing to go around mispronouncing something out of not knowing, hear the proper pronunciation and go "my bad I said that wrong" and say it right going forward. It's another thing to keep saying it wrong and get belligerent about it.

It's clearly because she's a minority woman they don't find worthy of respect and basic dignity. It's the same way many people kept saying Barack Hussein Obama when they didn't go around saying everyone else's middle name forcing it in.

It's an attempt to otherize these people. You don't see them doing it to their white peers though. Hell you really don't see them doing it to men either cause they said Obama's name right even forcing in the middle.
I'm referring to the pronunciation of the name in general. Kuh Ma La is how I mostly heard it pronounced since I was a kid. It just one of those none English names that we slightly say differently due to how common pronounce words.

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
For the record, I believe him in on this one. After seeing his response. I see no evidence he was begging for photos. That white woman just dangerous
I don't believe him, because of this:

What is his response to her claims she has put into the Congressional record?

Edit: Never mind, I've seen his response. I still don't believe him.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm referring to the pronunciation of the name in general. Kuh Ma La is how I mostly heard it pronounced since I was a kid. It just one of those none English names that we slightly say differently due to how common pronounce words.
The woman is a historical figure in this country as the first female vice president in history and she was a known US Senator that ran for president before then. No way in hell a sitting congresswoman doesn't know how to say her name by now so when it's said improperly at this stage there's meaning behind that.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
Run Thru U Like Skattebo
NGL, I do find it a bit funny how some people get mad at how people pronounce Kamala. Its not it's a black name that white people intentionally mispronounce to be funny. I have heard both pronunciations before Kamala Harris was widely known
to this day i hear black people in my life who are voting for kamala say it the same way some of these white people say it. most americans dont know how to say hindu names or dont find it important enough to remember

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ

Video response Dr. Dyson

I am embarrassed for this brother. This is his defense for his actions for real? I’m not buying it, the people not buying it, and I bet his wife ain’t buying it. There is one main issue at the heart of this. One big issue that if nipped in the bud years ago, would’ve prevented all of this.

The man was never taught how to PAWG in peace. In the open. Inside he desperately wants to, and that lust reared its head at exactly the wrong moment. For shame :snoop:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The woman is a historical figure in this country as the first female vice president in history and she was a known US Senator that ran for president before then. No way in hell a sitting congresswoman doesn't know how to say her name by now so when it's said improperly at this stage there's meaning behind that.
Again I'm speaking about the name in general. Prior to the K Hive thing, I never seen people get upset about how the name Kamala is pronounced.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
to this day i hear black people in my life who are voting for kamala say it the same way some of these white people say it. most americans dont know how to say hindu names or dont find it important enough to remember
Yeah, I'm sure she has heard both since she was a little girl. IDK if people think it sounds less "foreign" as comma-la or something and that's why they are jumping on people for saying it the other way

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I’ll shoot him some bail on this one :pachaha:

Still, if his idea was to show “graciousness” there’s a way to do it without the intent being misrepresented. He went a little overboard trying to show love if that’s the truth
Nah, he was looking at that rack. Hoping to get that Boebert treatment. You don't say that type of shyt platonically.

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Supposed historian and scholarly brotha doesn’t know the number one factor behind why black men have been lynched and murdered in America for hundreds of years?

Emojis and texting women who aren’t your wife is a major no no in general. Being a sort of wannabe celebrity doing it is turrrrible.

Then trying to explain it sounding shaky nervous and fumbling for words……..

He really thought he was him. Lmaooo