Michael Dunn, killer of Jordan Davis trial thread

3Rivers

thaKEAF aint never lied
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Steel City
Somebody please make this a smiley! @3Rivers @cook @Brooklynzson

All jokes aside I really hope they knock out all of his front teeth before he's forced to suck on inmate dikks for the rest of his life, he need to be washing draws, preparing meals, all that prison wife shyt. Since he's so bytch he gotta shoot at teenagers over loud music I want Michelle Dunn to get turned into a bytch. He is what he is. :obama:
fnUZye3.png

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
This further erodes the duty to retreat and encourages people to just make sure you kill them and don't just maim them. Florida is a joke.

Well not exactly. What I take from this case is that if you truly believe you are "defending" yourself from death, you must at all times remain in a "defensive" or "the/your original" position. The moment you "gain" the upper hand, the clock stops, and any crime thereafter no longer falls under stand your ground.

So this is a tale of 2 cases. He was penalized for pursuing, not shooting.

So yes, in essence Floridians, if you pull up in a tinted car tonight, and the guy next to you thinks you have a gun, he can shoot you and claim self defense. The "threat of" is considered the engaging behavior, the shooting is the defending position. As long as you do not "advance" or "prolong" the conflict, you are in fact, not guilty.

Yeah, this is fukking horse shyt.

The jury basically said "It was okay to kill the first ******, but even we can't stand by you bucking at the car like that".

Basically, the jury said, next time kill them all and you will go free.

So correct me if I'm wrong, not only was Dunn convicted of pursuing the vehicle, the jury contends that at the time of the conflict, the threat of death was very real and evidence after the conflict does not factor at all? In other words, the attempted murder counts are only valid because he pursued the car, not because there wasn't a weapon recovered, correct?

Last edited:

bignell

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Lets just hope when Mr. Dunn arrives in prison..He is forthcoming with his fellow inmates about why he is there...I hope and pray he tries to regulate in prison the same way he did that night whenever he feels an injustice has occured ,but only this time he wont have his gun with him...Lets see how agressive he is behind bars when dealing with grown men and not teenage kids....

edzyy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Shut the fukk up. YOU don't know the law, dumb ass. Premeditation doesn't mean you have to plan a murder ahead of time and stalk the person. All premeditation means legally is "a killing after consciously deciding to do so." It doesn't specify a time period by which you planned it. And Michael Dunn did so, by opening the glove compartment, chambering rounds, and firing in the car repeatedly with the intent to kill. People get first degree murder for similar situations in Florida all the time.

And no, the verdict is not very understandable unless you're an absolute moron. Nobody with a fully functional brain could possibly honestly believe it wasn't AT LEAST 2nd degree murder. I'm sure the jurors who wanted a guilty verdict for 1st degree murder would've gladly settled for 2nd degree, but the holdup was some people wouldn't convict for murder at all and claimed it was self-defense.

You seem upset..

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Just saw this on Facebook

Florida Governor Proposes Volume Control Measures

TALLAHASSEE - Florida Gov. RIck Scott said tonight that the time had come for Floridians to do "some serious soul-searching about the problem of loud music that is plaguing our cities and suburbs." He said that he would urge legislators to consider "strict volume-control measures" that would prohibit car stereos from being played at a setting of 5 or louder. "It's time to stop the madness," he said.

fukk!!!!! :dead: :dead: :dead:

No, black children being murdered over bullshyt isn't a problem at all Gov. :laff:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Well not exactly. What I take from this case is that if you truly believe you are "defending" yourself from death, you must at all times remain in a "defensive" or "the/your original" position. The moment you "gain" the upper hand, the clock stops, and any crime thereafter no longer falls under stand your ground.

So this is a tale of 2 cases. He was penalized for pursuing, not shooting.

So yes, in essence Floridians, if you pull up in a tinted car tonight, and the guy next to you thinks you have a gun, he can shoot you and claim self defense. The "threat of" is considered the engaging behavior, the shooting is the defending position. As long as you do not "advance" or "prolong" the conflict, you are in fact, not guilty.

No. The stand your ground law effectively removed the duty of retreat in Florida. For those that do not recall what the duty to retreat is it is, "A doctrine in criminal law found in some jurisdictions requiring that, unless at home, at his or her place of business, or in a situation where the assailant is a person the victim is attempting to arrest, the victim in a murderous assault must attempt to retreat safely rather than resorting to using deadly force in self-defense. In tort law, failure to exercise retreat may result in liability’s being attached to the party who could have retreated."

Florida's stand your ground law allows individuals to use deadly force in situations where they subjectively perceive themselves to be in danger, or at least that is how juries are interpreting it. So it's not the reasonable person standard of what a reasonable person in that position would have believed. It makes the law beholden to the capricious nature of human perception and devolves the justification of self-defense in Florida to purported fears of the least sensible man. In the instant case, this man made a judgment that few rational people would make. Even if there supposed threats were true, if we were to allow every vulgar statement to stand as justification for deadly preemptive violence then the concept of self-defense is rendered meaningless. It would be better regarded as a standard providing for self-offense.

That is the danger. The rule you're suggesting is not novel. It is the very tenant of self-defense. One can with respond to force equal to the threat, but if the threat no longer exists then one then becomes the aggressor. This typically occurs when the other party has "yielded." But in most cases under SYG the facts will not fit as neatly as they do in this case where you can define a clear beginning and end of the alleged threat. The only reason we have that is because the other kids lived. The impetus is to kill all of the others because one could simply claim that he sought to disable them all because multiple individuals gestured towards the weapon and he could not be certain who had it. He could argue that it was a group threat and so his defensive measures were orientated towards stopping an entire group. Again, the law significantly diminishes the "reasonableness" factor. And it is not just people this law saw to limit, but judges as well. Further, a strong of cases nation-wide with these laws undermine your cut off point claim.

In January, a judge in Miami tossed out a second-degree murder charge against Greyston Garcia after he chased a suspected burglar for more than a block and stabbed him to death. The judge decided the stabbing was justified because the burglar had swung a bag of stolen car radios at Garcia 2013 an object that a medical examiner at a hearing testified could cause “serious harm or death.” The judge found Garcia was “well within his rights to pursue the victim and demand the return of his property.”

Gallo said he shot Barbour several times, ran away, and shot him several more times because he was still aiming a gun at him. But one witness said Gallo fired the final shots while he was standing over the victim laying immobile on the ground. A judge ruled that Gallo was defending his life during the shootout.

In nearly a third of the cases the Times analyzed, defendants initiated the fight, shot an unarmed person or pursued their victim — and still went free.

All this case told us was that this law is random and provides no guidance.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
I'll start backwards…

The impetus is to kill all of the others because one could simply claim that he sought to disable them all because multiple individuals gestured towards the weapon and he could not be certain who had it.

But that's NOT what the jury ruled here. That's why I need to know the reason the attempted murder charges stuck. From what I'm seeing, the jurors did not "care" if he sought to disable them. They care that Dunn did not...

retreat safely rather than resorting to using deadly force in self-defense. In tort law, failure to exercise retreat may result in liability’s being attached to the party who could have retreated."

To get an attempted murder charge, don't the jurors have to believe the…..

the threat no longer exists then one then becomes the aggressor. This typically occurs when the other party has "yielded."

So they agree that Dunn is the aggressor once he fires shots into the truck "because" be failed to retreat, no?

The jury said he does not have the right to use stand your ground on the other boys, but he does against jordan davis. That's what I said they said in my first post.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The jury are bunch of jackasses who clearly don't understand murder charges at best, at worst they let him off, don't over think it guys.

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
i can't front...if he somehow gets off and someone takes vigilante justice into their own hands busts his cabbage as he's leaving the courthouse i would be happy. the only thing that would make it perfect is if a white person murkd him. the dazed and confused reaction of racists and bigots like.....

FAYRAnT.gif

no backlash on the black community ....:banderas:....white people scared of their own...:ahh:

That would be the greatest mindfukk of all time.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
They're going to acquit Dunn tonight around 9-10 pm EST, just like when Zimmerman was acquitted on that Saturday night in July. If he was guilty, they wouldn't have stalled this verdict.

SMH @ nikkas urge to party being more important than the justice for Trayvon

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
Just saw this on Facebook

Florida Governor Proposes Volume Control Measures

TALLAHASSEE - Florida Gov. RIck Scott said tonight that the time had come for Floridians to do "some serious soul-searching about the problem of loud music that is plaguing our cities and suburbs." He said that he would urge legislators to consider "strict volume-control measures" that would prohibit car stereos from being played at a setting of 5 or louder. "It's time to stop the madness," he said.

:laff: I hate white people so much. :laff:

"Plaguing our cities"?? :laff: :laff: :laff:

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
a lot of Black people from this generation have never even heard a Malcolm X speech. :wow:

that's why you have so many Black people outraged over something that's been going on forever.

Black kids better educate themselves and stop fukking around with the bullshyt media. CACs are gonna be in the minority in the next 30 years and we gotta practice group economics, get more black lawyers and judges, and start putting fear in CACs again instead of black-on-black crime