The Crossroads
Thunder Rose

1667213.jpg

257531220-02120453-e1463878035999-500x480.jpg

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
Not completely wrong. A lot of AA have zero clues about their ancestor's mythology or history, at least if they go through life only learning from western society and media. You have to search yourself or get a list of books from people who did it themselves.

All little black kids learn about is how whitewashed slavery has become. That Texas book making it out to be some "people" who just came over to work is despicable.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You know whats crazy is that The Sphinx is probably the biggest folklore in mankinds history. But most Black folks dont even acknowledge that the Sphinx is a Black king. They dont even know that Black kings name. Yet we know the story of why his nose was blown off. I once brought to my co workers attention that The Spinx is never a name that pops up during Black history month....Yet he's more popular then Malcolm and Martin. One of my co workers replied "Most Black people just dont know about The Sphinx"..But then the question is why don't they know?
:jbhmm:

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
What makes it hilarious is that all of European mythology/folklore was stolen from African and Indian mythology/folklore.

I...I actually liked that movie.

The only black man to time travel :salute:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Eggs on Pancakes?!...:hhh:

It's supposed to be bacon and butter on Pancakes gawddamit!!! :damn::ufdup:
Apply a fine layer of mustard on both sides of the pancake. Let it on the pan only 10-15 seconds for each side.

Then put the egg, cooked on the pan till the yellow is still gooey and liquid, on the pancake.

Bon appétit :ohlawd:

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Off the top of my head there's
  • Stagger Lee
  • Brer rabbit
  • Boo haggy
  • John Henry
  • The Signifying monkey
  • high john the conqueror
  • Big liz
  • Flying fool

Love them all but Brer Rabbit. My parents didn't play the Uncle Remus, Tar Baby and Behr Rabbit -- at all. Created/written by a racist/WS White man who longed for plantation/slavery days. I remember I saw the VHS for "Songs of The South" -- at the library and he looked at me like I was crazy.

Uncle Remus - Wikipedia

I just saw clips from it a few years ago -- and I now understand why.