Michael B. Jordan & Michael Shannon To Star in ‘Fahrenheit 451’ (Trailer added)

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
i haven't seen it yet but i'm disappointed by the reviews so far. i'm still gonna check it out because i like the concept and cast but gonna lower my expectations.

Thanks I won't be check this out....the book go by the same name?

yeah it does. i ordered it as well. here's a link www.amazon.com/Fahrenheit-451-Ray-Bradbury/dp/1451673310/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1526918429&sr=8-1&keywords=farenheight+451

i love George Orwell and any dystopian future books and this looks to have the same idea. i'm reading a star wars book right now but will start this next.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Try to tell yall nikkas MBJ as a child actor > MBJ the adult actor. nikka can't carry a movie as the lead role. He just seem stiff as hell as opposed to his younger days where he let his emotion and intuition guide him probably. Every movie he is the lead in will always just be "okay" or decent.

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
Try to tell yall nikkas MBJ as a child actor > MBJ the adult actor. nikka can't carry a movie as the lead role. He just seem stiff as hell as opposed to his younger days where he let his emotion and intuition guide him probably. Every movie he is the lead in will always just be "okay" or decent.
Yeah something is just off with him now.

"I want to burn"" I busted out laughing

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I was tired, unrelated to the movie, but I only made it through 40 min, before I turned it off and went to bed. Very good production value and world building, but a very, very flat performance from Jordan, and equally so from Shannon, I couldn't bother to stay awake. Seemed all style over substance. Interesting, because the director's "99 Homes" is a movie I really liked.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
creed was just ok? fruitvale was just ok?

what kind of movies you like :mjpls:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
creed was just ok? fruitvale was just ok?

what kind of movies you like :mjpls:

Nah, you ain't bout to play that card with me, nikka. :mjlol:

I didn't think Fruitvale was all that but that was more so how it was directed than MBJ's acting. Creed was a dope movie but somebody else in that role could have taken the movie to another level.Same thing with Black Panther. DOPE ASS MOVIE and Killmonger as he was written on script and his character tropes was fukking dope but even then, something still seemed off with MBJ.

Just my personal opinion though. He seems like he hasn't had enough formal training for what originally came natural to him; mining scripts for emotion, portraying that emotion, overacting certain lines in some instances, etc. He has the look no doubt and I think he's a good dude, but I just don't think he has the chops. :manny:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I was tired, unrelated to the movie, but I only made it through 40 min, before I turned it off and went to bed. Very good production value and world building, but a very, very flat performance from Jordan, and equally so from Shannon, I couldn't bother to stay awake. Seemed all style over substance. Interesting, because the director's "99 Homes" is a movie I really liked.

Damn, Shannon too? I'm starting to wonder if he fell off. I remember I used to be hyped about him getting roles but since Man of Steel he's been looking weak.

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
Loved the book:
61MvIVaurSL.jpg

I used my homies HBOGo PW and it was just aite.

Last edited: