Michael B. Jordan May Direct a 3rd Creed Film

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
still tho. No one would have a boxer with creeds resume and pedigree as an underdog vs an older fighter with one fight under his belt. I know they tried but that was a reach imo. I also thought Creed’s convo with Vanessa after Ma Dukes died was a reach too in terms of how they were speaking on Damien. They were like “he said he’s coming for everything and I’m the only one who can stop him”. To me, I’m thinking uhh wtf is Damien gonna do or capable of doing that’s gonna effect creed in any way right now other than just shyt talk? I didn’t see what Creed was stopping Damien from doing that would’ve hurt him or his enterprises. That’s probably my biggest issue with this movie
. Still extremely enjoyable and I hope everyone goes out and supports. I need them to keep making these

I didn't understand it that well either in terms of what Damien was going to do.

But my only guess was Damien was bringing up all of their bad history in the public. Creed likely had LeBron-level endorsements, entertainment and business dealings. Last thing he needed was Damien talking about their past.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lets be 100, Adonis is a fukk nikka for forgetting about Dame like that. And Nama Creed is a bytch for never giving him any of those letters. I feel like that’s the second time in these movies Mama Creed did some foul shyt and got away with it. Dame is a better man than me. I don’t think I’d be able to forgive that tbh. Adonis got off mad light

It's hella fukked up because I loved Damien's character but, it's believable. Many parents, especially rich Jack & Jill Boule ass parents, wouldn't have wanted their son around a "Damien".

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
It's sad that Rocky is butthurt about not having a stake in the Rocky franchise because MBJ is really keeping his franchise alive. MBJ hasn't had a mid movie yet and by mid, I mean something as mid as Rocky 5. All of the Creed movies have packed a powerful emotional punch, with Creed I being about him proving he wasn't a mistake, and that he could live up to his father. Creed II being about him avenging the death of his father in the ring and becoming a father himself, along with Rocky mending his relationship with his own son. And Creed III being about Adonis dealing with his past as a teenager and the guilt he felt leaving Damien behind. It sounds wrong to say and maybe I relate more to Creed because I'm black but, the Rocky movies didn't touch me as much personally. They were just good for universal themes that all people love in sports movies (the underdog getting an opportunity or the underdog beating an unimaginable force, etc.) but, Creed really excels at weaving those urban fabrics into the storyline that black people resonate with.

Going on to the movie, I really felt bad for Damien. He had his entire life stripped from him over a stupid decision he made. Technically, they both made dumb decisions. Adonis chose to beat Leon up, and Damien chose to pull a gun out. Adonis got away but unfortunately Damien got locked up for years. So, I understood his anger and his sense of urgency. He don't got years to wait, he has to get it going now. And even if he does make it, he knows inside that he SHOULD have had YEARS of fighting professionally instead of wasting away in a cell.

Duke was getting on my nerves. Complete hater. You would think he would have learned after the way he hated on Adonis only for him to become one of the best boxers. Damien wasn't a "bum". He had the skillset clearly, he was just bitter, angry and institutionalized.

I did like however, how Damien was like "you learned some new moves" basically showing that Damien might've had enough in the tank to compete and might've been the better fighter as kids but, nothing compares to Adonis training professionally for decades. Damien was missing that polish.

I loved the shot of them boxing in the ring alone with no crowd, and both of them seeing each other as kids :mjcry: Reminded me of some of the guys I grew up with :mjcry: You know its a good movie when you almost want the other guy to win. I didn't give a fukk about Drago winning or Ricky Conlan winning but, I almost wanted Damien to. I honestly thought that Adonis was going to throw the fight at the end to let Damien win out of guilt and to let him get his chance. But I'm glad they didn't. One, Damien was kinda fighting dirty with Chavez because he had so much to prove in the ring and so much anger + little years left, so he wouldn't have learned anything. And two, it would have cheated Damien if Adonis gave it to him. If I was writing the script though, I would have had the fight end in a draw or win by decision/points. Have Adonis win but, have them go the entire fight. Just like Rocky and Apollo in Rocky I. That way it would have proved that Damien had the skills to hang with the best fighters even if he was raw and not as discliplined. He just got caught up in the system. The good thing is Adonis did right by his boy in the end. Damien likely got paid millions (so he's not broke) and can still fight for a few more years until he's too old to do it, so he still lived out his dream even if it wasn't what it could have been if he didn't go to prison.

Great movie.
I mean Stallone signed the rights to oh boy fair and square :manny:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
- Good film, I was very entertained
- MBJ did very well in his first go as a director
- Majors is a damn good actor
- The final fight and the choreography was well done
- This was better than the 2nd but nowhere near the first

- I liked the scene where everything was removed and it was just Donnie and Dame in the ring.

- Even though what mama Creed did was wrong, I understand her motivations and the fact she stood by it. I know mothers IRL that have taken even more extreme measures to keep away a supposed bad influence.

- I have no idea why Donnie is angry at Mama Creed, he had more than enough time to reach out to Dame.

- I know it's a movie but Dame getting and winning the undisputed championship in his first pro fight was hilarious and I could not overlook it, I'm glad Al Bernstein mentioned it.

- The film did a poor job of portraying Chavez as a champ, I thought dude was just a prospect and not THE champ.

- Dames dirty tactics :mjlol:

- I dislike that Hollywood does not do nuance and that audiences can't grasp the concept. Overtly portraying Dame as the villain was poor, setting up Drago and punching Donnie at the after party was cheap and unneeded, his story had enough there to really be impactful.

- I didn't like the ending between Dame and Donnie, it felt contrived

- I liked the WBA belt being shown in the final shot, it's the oldest championship and that gets forgotten

Last edited:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dope movie, better than the 2nd but just behind the 1st.

JM killed it as Dame. Philly Shell boxing style. Aura and Mannerisms gave off Hagler / Tyson vibes. I was rooting for him. Not your traditional antagonist. Wish they let him do more, his character was dope and could’ve done even more. Felt rushed towards the end. An additional 20 mins would’ve added so much to the film.

Ending was annoyingly predictable but that’s the franchise.

Wish they didn’t retire Adonis, felt like his character still had juice as a fighter with potential future storylines.

His daughter knocked it out the park too.

8/10

I agree, I thought this film would take place at the mid way point of his career and the 4th would see him retire. I've always wanted to see a story about the pitfalls of success and even Donnie facing some of the temptations and pressures Apollo did

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
- I thought it was solid, probably equal with Part 2. I wish they would've spent a little more time fleshing out Dame's character but it was already 2 hours long.

- The score was the weakest of the trilogy IMO. It probably had the weakest training montage too.

- Loved the anime influence.

- I'm gonna be honest, didn't miss Sly in this at all. :yeshrug:
But cotdamnit I hate watching these movies with other people clapping and commenting on the most random shyt. STFU :russ:

Actually had a dude near me fall asleep for the whole movie, wake up for the last fight talking about "Alright, it's go-time" like this shyt was a real PPV :dead:

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
Saw this last night, good addition to the franchise.

- Majors killed this shyt. He was given a great storyline, but even outside of that anytime he shared screen time with another actor….you saw the different levels.

- storyline was dope, but then kinda unraveled at the end. It wasn’t really the fact that he Dame got a shot so quick, but moreso that reconciliation felt rushed.

- maybe it was the same in Creed 2, can’t remember, but Tessa ditched any trace of a Philly ‘accent’

- the shyt with Mama Creed really hit, cause my mom just had a health scare a couple years back

- last fight scene was way too quick

- I think I saw somewhere that Cole did the score or had control of it? shyt was ass. Especially the training montage. Song was cool, but just not for that part of the movie.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Another thing is that I don't think Majors was a villain. I was trying to explain to my homegirl that he went to prison defending. Creed and then gets ignored the whole time he's in thee by a guy he was doing time for. How is that man a villain?? You can't even sell that as being a villain to any sane person. Anyone who sees him as a villain is a person I don't ever want to be around because these are the type of people that will throw you under a bus the first chance they get for their own good.
don't think he was supposed to be looked upon as a villain. Rival, yeah. Villain, no. Anti-hero if anything.

no villain is gonna be at ya moms funeral to help you carry the casket