Michael B. Jordan May Direct a 3rd Creed Film

Chrome2279

All Star
Daps
As others mentioned it’s a little bit of a reach but it is grounded in some reality:

I really enjoyed it. Great acting performances and the story was dope. Majors is the best villain out of any Rocky film. MBJ did a good job on his debut. Looking forward to more of his work

Better than Apollo? Clubber Lang? Drago?

I haven’t seen it yet

Daps
Story could’ve been tighter. It was silly how Damien got a professional fight and became champion overnight

Probably my only criticism, maybe shorten his bid about 4 or 5 years, meet up creed exactly how he did, have a time lapse of few professional fights over the years, then show creed his ulterior motive

tay1

All Star
Daps
Probably my only criticism, maybe shorten his bid about 4 or 5 years, meet up creed exactly how he did, have a time lapse of few professional fights over the years, then show creed his ulterior motive
This story could’ve been told over multiple movies. He could’ve been a secondary character while this film could’ve focused on Adonis’ retirement. Adonis and Damien’s drama could’ve unfolded in a sequel. I liked the movie but it was rushed.

KRayner

All Star
Daps
movie was piff , thread should be stickied

Creed still feeling guilty after giving his homeboy a world title shot and then a fight with him selling out dodgers stadium :russ: Dame getting a huge bag, he’ll be alright :smugbiden:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In a kind of a twisted irony it would have been better if

Dame would have fought drago's son, killed him in the ring with drago watching and then drago helping adonis train to take revenge. Along the way they could have talked about creed and gotten pass any animosity about that. The hispanic fighter really had no place in the movie storyline wise.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
I've been watching reviews and some reviews have been saying that during the last fight the scene where the
audience vanishes
takes them out of the film

Umm wtf:what:

How does that take you out of the film? Do they not comprehend what's going on or something? It's clearly anime influenecd so maybe that's throwing them off

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
As others mentioned it’s a little bit of a reach but it is grounded in some reality:

I really enjoyed it. Great acting performances and the story was dope. Majors is the best villain out of any Rocky film. MBJ did a good job on his debut. Looking forward to more of his work

HELL NO!!!!

Drago
Apollo
Lang
Gunn

All of those were better.

I honestly didn't like this film too much. It's not a bad movie. It's very good, but this is 2023. A lot of us have been boxing fans our entire lives(I know I have). I remember when Rocky 3 and all the ones after dropped. I'm a die hard boxing fan that have watched the sport my whole life. I knew the original Rocky films were bullshyt. it was fantasy, but along the way starting with part 6, they tried to make it a bit more realistic. Creed 1 was realistic with Creed losing the last fight. After part 2 when he beat that Russian, I started to ask for my money back at the concession stand. I couldn't believe they allowed that shyt. Here we have Michael B Jordan's character who is visibly 3 or 4 weight classes smaller than Drago's son and he's knocking this man out with a broke rib. FOH!!!. Once again, we knew Rocky IV was fantasy, but we're supposed to be making these films a bit more real now. You have the Mitt Queen, Canelo, Tony Weeks, Al Bernstein and many others with roles in film as I thought they were going to keep it legit, but then you have a guy that's been in prison for almost 20 years and gets out to win the title on is first fight. wtf!!! After that, he's beating Creed's ass the whole fight and all of a sudden, Creed knocks him unconscious with one punch. The absolutely only time this has ever happened in the last round of a hw title fight is Weaver vs Tate when Tate was beating Weaver's ass the entire fight and then Weaver just ko'd him in the final round with one punch, but Creed has not shown that type of one punch ko power in the previous 2 films against top contenders. I just didn't like that at all. Movie was too predictable.

Another thing is that I don't think Majors was a villain. I was trying to explain to my homegirl that he went to prison defending. Creed and then gets ignored the whole time he's in thee by a guy he was doing time for. How is that man a villain?? You can't even sell that as being a villain to any sane person. Anyone who sees him as a villain is a person I don't ever want to be around because these are the type of people that will throw you under a bus the first chance they get for their own good.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's sad that Rocky is butthurt about not having a stake in the Rocky franchise because MBJ is really keeping his franchise alive. MBJ hasn't had a mid movie yet and by mid, I mean something as mid as Rocky 5. All of the Creed movies have packed a powerful emotional punch, with Creed I being about him proving he wasn't a mistake, and that he could live up to his father. Creed II being about him avenging the death of his father in the ring and becoming a father himself, along with Rocky mending his relationship with his own son. And Creed III being about Adonis dealing with his past as a teenager and the guilt he felt leaving Damien behind. It sounds wrong to say and maybe I relate more to Creed because I'm black but, the Rocky movies didn't touch me as much personally. They were just good for universal themes that all people love in sports movies (the underdog getting an opportunity or the underdog beating an unimaginable force, etc.) but, Creed really excels at weaving those urban fabrics into the storyline that black people resonate with.

Going on to the movie, I really felt bad for Damien. He had his entire life stripped from him over a stupid decision he made. Technically, they both made dumb decisions. Adonis chose to beat Leon up, and Damien chose to pull a gun out. Adonis got away but unfortunately Damien got locked up for years. So, I understood his anger and his sense of urgency. He don't got years to wait, he has to get it going now. And even if he does make it, he knows inside that he SHOULD have had YEARS of fighting professionally instead of wasting away in a cell.

Duke was getting on my nerves. Complete hater. You would think he would have learned after the way he hated on Adonis only for him to become one of the best boxers. Damien wasn't a "bum". He had the skillset clearly, he was just bitter, angry and institutionalized.

I did like however, how Damien was like "you learned some new moves" basically showing that Damien might've had enough in the tank to compete and might've been the better fighter as kids but, nothing compares to Adonis training professionally for decades. Damien was missing that polish.

I loved the shot of them boxing in the ring alone with no crowd, and both of them seeing each other as kids :mjcry: Reminded me of some of the guys I grew up with :mjcry: You know its a good movie when you almost want the other guy to win. I didn't give a fukk about Drago winning or Ricky Conlan winning but, I almost wanted Damien to. I honestly thought that Adonis was going to throw the fight at the end to let Damien win out of guilt and to let him get his chance. But I'm glad they didn't. One, Damien was kinda fighting dirty with Chavez because he had so much to prove in the ring and so much anger + little years left, so he wouldn't have learned anything. And two, it would have cheated Damien if Adonis gave it to him. If I was writing the script though, I would have had the fight end in a draw or win by decision/points. Have Adonis win but, have them go the entire fight. Just like Rocky and Apollo in Rocky I. That way it would have proved that Damien had the skills to hang with the best fighters even if he was raw and not as discliplined. He just got caught up in the system. The good thing is Adonis did right by his boy in the end. Damien likely got paid millions (so he's not broke) and can still fight for a few more years until he's too old to do it, so he still lived out his dream even if it wasn't what it could have been if he didn't go to prison.

Great movie.

Last edited:
Daps
I've been watching reviews and some reviews have been saying that during the last fight the scene where the
audience vanishes
takes them out of the film

Umm wtf:what:

How does that take you out of the film? Do they not comprehend what's going on or something? It's clearly anime influenecd so maybe that's throwing them off

Huh, that shyt made the fight for potent and personal

especially when they both looked at each other as kids again in that ring. How could you not enjoy that part.