Mexico Ain't Winning A Gold Cup with a B/C Squad: Official Gold Cup Mega Thread(Please Sticky)

Who will win the 2017 Gold Cup?

• Costa Rica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Panama

• El Salvador

• Honduras

• Curacao

• Martinque

• French Guiana

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
Brazil
Argentina
Chile
Colombia
Uruguay
:patrice:
Paraguay
Ecuador
Peru:jbhmm:
Bolivia :pachaha:

Mexico will have a hard time IMO
On paper yes, but FIFA is corrupt as fukk, who's to say out do the 8 groups fighting,Mexico gets placed in a group with the boTtom tier Concacaf and Comnebol teams, IDK if you in the U.S. or not, but Mexico generates ALOT of money when they play, that's why they are accused of getting ref bias when ever they play.......EVERYBODY has a price :takedat:

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
The COMNEBOL/CONCACAF merger was discussed on another forum and here was the consensus.....

It's not going to happen because a lot would have to happen for the United States and Mexico to get out of CONCACAF and the mid and bottom tier teams in COMNEBOL don't want more competition.

The small Caribbean nations in CONCACAF have too much power to allow the big nations to sucede, so in order to allow the big nations to leave, FIFA would have allow the CFU to be recognized as a confederation. This means they get a guaranteed spot(maybe 1.5-2) in World Cup draws. If this ever happens, then the COMNEBOL/CONCACAF merger is REAL.

If it were to happen, then all of the Latin American countries would be in the same confederation(except for Cuba) which I always thought was ideal. The US and Canada will be the only outsiders. Jamaica/Haiti/Trinidad & Tobago would have their own confederation.

QuintessentialBM

Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
So can I assume that everyone, outside of US fans, want to see a Costa Rica vs Mexico Final?

and I was looking forward to seeing this dude play(Saief)...... Such a shame...

Last edited:

QuintessentialBM

Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
lol didn't he just get his first cap?

@QuintessentialBM I just want Mexico and U.S. to cross paths
And didn't Saief just switch over from Israel or is that someone else?

@Dip I haven't been keeping up with this new batch of foreign nationals, but I'm going to assume he filed for his FIFA mandated one-time switch after realizing the playing for the US was his best shot at going to the world cup over Israel who has to qualify in UEFA... LOL! Saief is auto-tied to the US..... No cap needed.

@Cocaine Biceps Due to the way the brackets are set up, the only way the US will see Mexico is if they make the Final. Mexico got the top seed, so they got the easiest side of the bracket. If the US wins the Gold Cup, they will have to win group B so they don't have to play Panama twice, otherwise, they'll have to beat them in the second match then play Costa Rica to get into the final.

If Panama and Costa Rica play like shyt, then Mexico may not get a easy road to the finals.

Last edited:

QuintessentialBM

Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
I guess I can start with my predictions

Group A Winner: Costa Rica
Group A Runner-up: Canada (A bit of a reach, but I think the US took the Hondurenos' soul in WCQ. Canada should get a result. If not, then Cyle Larin is a fraud)

Group B Winner: United States(not confident on this pick, but I'm rolling with it)
Group B Runner-up: Panama(May end up winning the group)

Group C Winner: Mexico(Like there's any doubt)
Group C Runner-up: El Salvador

Third place #1: Honduras
Third place #2: Nicaragua(A gamble, but I think Jamaica has regressed.... and I saw the Haiti vs Nicaragua Eliminatoria Copa Oro)

Final: Costa Rica vs Mexico
Winner: Mexico(especially if CR is without Keylor Navas.... Best keeper they have)

ELESDEE616

Nikkas snitch on the coli like they name is Kobe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kobe snitched on Shaq
Lol peeps talking about Mexico like they some hitters after getting raped by Germanys C team 4-1
:laff:

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
For anybody that follows MLS, how good is Alphonso Davies?

He's putting on a show against French Guiana, but there not exactly world beaters.

QuintessentialBM

Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
Lol peeps talking about Mexico like they some hitters after getting raped by Germanys C team 4-1
:laff:

The inspiration for the title of this thread comes from Mexican fans(sorry @ Cocaine Biceps) talking about running trains on CONCACAF teams with B & C squads... and since Mexico got trained by Germany, it was a fitting title.

In all honesty, unless Mexico has a golden generation at every position at least 2 players deep, they ain't running no train on the CONCACAF teams, notably the US, Costa Rica, and even Panama.

CONCACAF will never be as weak as it was between the 60's-80's. I'm all for it.

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
The inspiration for the title of this thread comes from Mexican fans(sorry @ Cocaine Biceps) talking about running trains on CONCACAF teams with B & C squads... and since Mexico got trained by Germany, it was a fitting title.

In all honesty, unless Mexico has a golden generation at every position at least 2 players deep, they ain't running no train on the CONCACAF teams, notably the US, Costa Rica, and even Panama.

CONCACAF will never be as weak as it was between the 60's-80's. I'm all for it.
Bruh if we somehow get to the finals with no coach and this randoms ass b/c squad, then Concacaf is still trash :francis: shyt if we get to semis,Concacaf is trash